• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Was very good again except couple of bad passes. Finally happy to see him get a injury free run

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He was aight.

But if Arteta insists on offering him a contract then he ain't learning. We should be looking to improve on him LT.

novar

Easy day for him today, Lampard was kinda mocking us with all that low accuracy crossing

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Holding can be a Keown or a Bould type. He's not your star defender but could be a very good partner.
The problem football is not like before now things have changed managers will need you to be good passer have pace holding struggle with both of those

Keplaz

I think people do him a disservice on here. Holding is a solid defender. He reads the game well and you'd think he isn't as slow as everyone thinks.

Being a defender isn't just about pace. It's also about marrying two players with complimentary attributes.

His distribution doesn't need to be fantastic if his partner can do that. And he isn't poor in the air. He isn't a beast in the air but he can hold his own.

I think he is fine and will have a good career. He needs to stay fit so he can continue to grow and develop.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think people do him a disservice on here. Holding is a solid defender. He reads the game well and you'd think he isn't as slow as everyone thinks.

Being a defender isn't just about pace. It's also about marrying two players with complimentary attributes.

His distribution doesn't need to be fantastic if his partner can do that. And he isn't poor in the air. He isn't a beast in the air but he can hold his own.

I think he is fine and will have a good career. He needs to stay fit so he can continue to grow and develop.
This is what I was trying to say with my Keown and Bould comparisons.

(Also one of the main things I like about Holding is he's intelligent and tries to hold players up and push them wide, Mustafi/Vermaelen would always go for the tackle which was high risk- win the tackle or get booked or miss the tackle and leave the player 1v1 on the keeper.)

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am fine with him and Gabriel in the middle for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom