• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | Saturday January 2nd | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I haven't seen football like that since... I don't remember when.
Well done the boys.

giphy.gif
This was actually me after the 2nd goal

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nice cherry picking. People who wanted Arteta out said he was a bad coach who couldn't coach an attacking team.

People who wanted Arteta to stay said it was down to the attacking players, mainly having an actual number 10 in that position. When we put Smith Rowe there everything changed, confidence has grown and players are now playing well. I specifically said our luck will change when we have a number 10. Not just because of the player himself but because it opens up the wings, low and behold thats happened. Bellerin and Tierney have more space, the wingers also have more space.

So you're just chatting bollocks as usual. Buzzing for the avatar change and post glorifying my incredible football knowledge.

Did I not tell you not to reply to me?

Go back and look at the millions of pages of discussions.

The overlying theme for Arteta and the team not performing and winning was that we needed new players. That these players and this midfield Xhaka, Elneny and Ceballos were bottom of the league stuff. Someone actually said McArthur and Milevojvic were better.

Arteta outers like myself said sticking with Willian and not playing a different formation with a number 10 or central creator was wrong. I also said it looked like the players had given up on him.

He was playing 4 3 3. Now he's playing what looks 4 2 3 1. A tactic change. Could he have tried Willian in ESRs position. Yes but he didn't. Could he not have dropped willian and played Saka right sooner like we said?

I was wrong about the players giving up on him.

But let's see what happens. Don't you get ahead of your stations yet. Bigger tests are still to come and we are still well off being anywhere respectable in the league.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I disagree honestly. You could see the frustration and his eagerness to get on the score sheet today. Just didn't come off, wasn't firing like he can and he was unlucky to get a few poor passes (normally Laca should've been able to lay that off to Auba in the six yard box but it was too sharp).
You can disagree. That's really immaterial. He completely killed a couple of attacks by failing to make runs and lazily letting the ball roll out of play rather that at least attempting to keep the move alive. Things like that are about effort and desire, not luck. He could have had a goal today had he really wanted one, West Brom were there for the taking. Jogging on the counter and then getting stroppy when your teammate plays a ball that reflects your glacial pace is not something to be praised or a reflection of eagerness.

KenyanGoon

ESR is quite good. His intelligence, movement and quick thinking does a lot in creating opportunities for his team mates. I'm happy he is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Just wish Balogun would get a similar run. I feel like he is a hidden gem that we are just going to throw away without testing first. Giving me Gnabry vibes.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Partey back for the next game, no injuries during the winter period, players back, things looking more and more up.

Only negative is Auba, terrible body language.

Looked a bit unfit, could be just a case hes coming back from injury. Hes clearly trying and it should come right sooner or later.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Lacazette with more goals than Abraham, Ings, Firmino and Jimenez. Quietly having a good season. Level on goals with Rashford too who you’d swear was ripping the PL up.

Happy for him. I don't rate Laca particularly but you can't argue with a brace against dumpster teams, its the sort of thing you'd hope he does to take the pressure off Martinelli/Auba, and away games against this sort of opposition can be awkward if you don't put your chances away.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Fat Sam- we need to work out a way to concede sloppy goals by defending deeper. Says when they attack, they concede. Feels they got back in to the game before another poor goal. Recovery time has been difficult for the players and coaching time on the field has been almost impossible. Most of the teams WBA play against are better than them! When they open up and try snd play, "they don't cope very well" :lol:.
Diddums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom