• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I understand his frustration but I really disliked his reaction at the end when Tierney played a pass behind. Threw his arms in the air for half a minute and complaining to Tierney, who probably should be captain instead of Auba and who had a superb game with a goal, an assist and an incredible workrate. Really annoyed on what otherwise was a highly enjoyable evening.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You say that every week. I agree the goals will come but he’s not working as hard as he used to.

I do, yeah :lol:

But he hasn't down tools, or declined really, just not coming off for him so I don't mind that...he probably isn't as a key anymore to us with the way our young players have developed over the last season or so, but still a very useful player to have.

Reactions: roz

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His movement is still excellent. He’ll score goals. You can tell his lack of form is affecting his attitude though. He’s at his best when he’s smiling, he hasn’t looked happy on the pitch for a while. There is definitely at least some evidence of physical decline though.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I do, yeah :lol:

But he hasn't down tools, or declined really, just not coming off for him so I don't mind that...he probably isn't as a key anymore to us with the way our young players have developed over the last season or so, but still a very useful player to have.
Agree, he can be extremely useful. Just dont think he should be starting regularly.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Was in a bit of a strop today but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and just chalk it up to goals flowing and him not getting any.

Still did good things though and was unlucky not to score particularly in first half.

The throwing of arms and shrugging when ball isn't played directly to feet is very reminiscent of Henry's final season here however. Maybe it's hit him that he's 30+ and surrounded by kids I dunno.

He was not terrible. Just not involved much imo. I also cant stop wonder if we had two Saka, one on right and one on left. I question if that could offer us more? Maybe.

But I never have good feeling with Auba on the left and I thought with the way WBA bent over for us til would have been great chance for Auba to get going again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He had a little moan, but that's understandable...he's scored like 75 goals or so for us the last 2 seasons and a half, and he is in a poor run of form this year...any striker would be a little pissed off, you would be worried if he wasn't :lol:

But he is celebrating when someone else scores, so it's not like he's Gallas out there or anything...good guy, good captain.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Imagine Pepe playing like that, he would be slaughtered here.

Think it's safe to say that Auba fell to Bellerin/Elneny category. It's almost half a season gone and he plays worse every week

Reactions: JCB

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He had a little moan, but that's understandable...he's scored like 75 goals or so for us the last 2 seasons and a half, and he is in a poor run of form this year...any striker would be a little pissed off, you would be worried if he wasn't :lol:

But he is celebrating when someone else scores, so it's not like he's Gallas out there or anything...good guy, good captain.
You've made me feel a bit better about him. Cheers.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Don't get the hate tonight, he was actually fine.

Tracked back a bunch, tried hard and made good runs.

Goals will come as the teams form picks up.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Imagine Pepe playing like that, he would be slaughtered here.

Think it's safe to say that Auba fell to Bellerin/Elneny category. It's almost half a season gone and he plays worse every week
Double standards for sure when it comes to Aubameyang. Willian comes on for 5 mins and gets slaughtered (not that I like him) but Aubameyang gets to strop his way through a game after he’s missed chances and destroyed build up play. Can be really useful from the bench, shouldn’t be starting and should never have been given the captaincy.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Don't get the hate tonight, he was actually fine.

Tracked back a bunch, tried hard and made good runs.

Goals will come as the teams form picks up.
That's true, but we also have to consider that goals will come even if we don't have a top goalscorer in our team. You can basically kick him out of the team and use someone who will create more but who would score less. I think we won't reach our full attacking potential with this guy here

Bloodbather

Established Member

His confidence is shot, desperately needs goals. Our movement has improved tremendously after ESR was introduced into the lineup, so he'll get the chances. Just a matter of converting them.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He was decent today. Made lots of good runs. Obviously could have done better and got a goal for himself. But we generally play much better football without him imo.

He was horrible today again. His effort and attitude was not captains worthy and hasnt been for a while now. The way he reacted to that Tierney pass when we were 4:0 up was disgusting.

Arteta needs to bench him for a game or two. You can stink it up 6-7 games but no way half a season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom