• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think what is annoying people more (whether they've watched him or had the change to watch him) is that the club paid 30m for him and he either isn't good enough or ready.

That 30m could have been added to whatever money was left to get a first team player who is ready.

We spent 100m on 2 players who were meant to make us stronger in some capacity and instead we have 2 players who can't make the team. 1 not even the squad.

Yet people are turning their nose up at offering 25m for someone like Buendia incase he isn't good enough.

KenyanGoon

Saka is 1000% an Arteta project.
if you don't see that I feel sorry for you.
Saka broke through during Emery's time and owes a lot to Freddie during his under 23 days. Arteta found when the boy had already shown enough to warrant a spot in the team. I am not happy with how Arteta has handled Saliba. Neither am I happy with the limited game time Balogun has gotten. Same can be said about Martinelli before he got injured who was essentially frozen out. ESR seems to have been forced on him due to injuries and Corona virus. Of course its too early to say that he doesn't give youth a chance but he is definitely more reserved than Wenger was. I just hope he wont drop ESR and revert back to Willian.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Saka broke through during Emery's time and owes a lot to Freddie during his under 23 days. Arteta found when the boy had already shown enough to warrant a spot in the team. I am not happy with how Arteta has handled Saliba. Neither am I happy with the limited game time Balogun has gotten. Same can be said about Martinelli before he got injured who was essentially frozen out. ESR seems to have been forced on him due to injuries and Corona virus. Of course its too early to say that he doesn't give youth a chance but he is definitely more reserved than Wenger was. I just hope he wont drop ESR and revert back to Willian.

Saka was forced into Emerys team at left back... he didn't have a proper forward role until Arteta came in and started playing him there.

Breezy

I think what is annoying people more (whether they've watched him or had the change to watch him) is that the club paid 30m for him and he either isn't good enough or ready.

That 30m could have been added to whatever money was left to get a first team player who is ready.

We spent 100m on 2 players who were meant to make us stronger in some capacity and instead we have 2 players who can't make the team. 1 not even the squad.

Yet people are turning their nose up at offering 25m for someone like Buendia incase he isn't good enough.

There’s no way Saliba isn’t getting any minutes due to footballing reasons.

KenyanGoon

Saka was forced into Emerys team at left back... he didn't have a proper forward role until Arteta came in and started playing him there.
Yes, he was forced into the team at LB due to injuries. But guess what, he embraced the opportunity. Was so good that we did not Miss KT/Kola too much. Even so he was already training with the first team and had gotten several starts in the europa league.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I mean, bashing Arteta for not giving young players a chance is like scrapping the barrel people. We have more than enough reasons to criticize him, Team selection is hardly one.
He is making Moh work again, he made Xhaka stepped up every time he slips. He made Saka flourish with confidence, Tierney is having a great season, Bellerin is probably the best RB in the league and we managed to keep him.
I just don't get it.
Arteta deserved criticism for the way things were going just as he deserves praise for (hopefully) turning it round. Though I disagree with every one of your points.

Tierney has been one of our best performers since he joined, nothing to do with Arteta.

Xhaka will mess up again like he always does, already done it to Arteta so not sure what you’re point is there?

Saka was playing well before Arteta joined, albeit more inconsistently. he’s flourishing through game time which he was getting previously. He’ll likely have a dip in form at some point as he’s young.

Moh is one of our worst players, hardly a glowing endorsement for Arteta.

The fact you think Bellerin is the best RB in the league shows that it is perhaps you that needs to learn football.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Sarcasm I take it? :lol:
He never played there under Emery. He was always played at LW, but yeah, he was forced into Emery’s team at LB :rofl:
No, Emery stopped playing a back three in 19/20 which is when Saka became a first-team regular. He didn't play FB until Arteta came in.
giphy.gif

And so easy to check up on before claiming random stuff on a forum too..

Under Emery last season:
8a9ff8fbe0ac6e0a5aef207211aa5729.png

Under Freddie:
ad9f2aa6160534716a6a8eff51558c5e.png

Under Arteta:
c5a0415522145cb2993add26bb591def.png

Being LM in Emery's system that season was also - as @American_Gooner pointed out - also with a back 4 behind him, and not a back 3, so there's no "ah, but he was LM/LWB in a back 3/5 system here so I'm right"-comeback here.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
giphy.gif

Under Emery last season:

Under Freddie:

Under Arteta:

Being LM in Emery's system that season was also - as @American_Gooner pointed out - also with a back 4 behind him, and not a back 3, so there's no "ah, but he was LM/LWB in a back 3/5 system here so I'm right"-comeback here.

In the wise words of @Makingtrax its fake news, just to push your point and agenda. Do one.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
giphy.gif

Under Emery last season:

Under Freddie:

Under Arteta:

Stop lying mate, you clearly hacked the stats website to push your agenda!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Talk of Saliba off on loan to OGC Nice, for the rest of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saliba to nice is done deal according to local media in nice straight loan no option to buy. Good luck to him i really hope he have successful loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom