• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oh to be a goon

Raul literally signed the future of this club and you guys still hate him. :lol:

Tierney, Martinelli, Gabriel, Partey, Auba, Saka, Saliba all signed or had future secured by Raul.

Guys like Edu and Mikel pushed Willian and are going to lose Balogun.

Even Raul's dodgy signings in Pepe, Luiz and Ceballos dragged us to an FA Cup trophy.

Balogun should have been signed to a contract a year ago. That is on Raul.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You trust Edu?
Hard to say considering you have nothing to judge him on and he’s only been here two minutes. Just have to give him time and see what happens. I wanted a young manager and former player as DoF so I can’t complain now.

Raul hard a terrible transfer record at Barcelona, I was never hot on him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Raul literally signed the future of this club and you guys still hate him. :lol:

Tierney, Martinelli, Gabriel, Partey, Auba, Saka, Saliba all signed or had future secured by Raul.

Guys like Edu and Mikel pushed Willian and are going to lose Balogun.

Even Raul's dodgy signings in Pepe, Luiz and Ceballos dragged us to an FA Cup trophy.
Top post as per usual mate.

Impact

Established Member
Hard to say considering you have nothing to judge him on and he’s only been here two minutes. Just have to give him time and see what happens. I wanted a young manager and former player as DoF so I can’t complain now.

Raul hard a terrible transfer record at Barcelona, I was never hot on him.

Fair enough. His first summer window was enough to be concerned that he is out of his depth. I wanted Arteta and liked the idea of a former player as DoF too so I'm willing it to work. Just not optimistic on the latter.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm not even sure what this team needs in future windows. I love the young players we have here so much. Feel like its a golden age kind of group and don't want to dismantle that.

I think Grealish is all we need in forward areas now. I dont particularly feel anyone else would do anything ESR can't do already. But its about balancing his game time and not ruining him/relying on him too much. Grealish being able to play anywhere across the 3 is huge.

So with that being said if you can get a 6 month loan on a capable number 10 do it, if not utilise Özil and rotate with Smith Rowe.

Other than that I'd agree that backup keeper is a key area.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Never heard of him, so he is either brilliant or another sup bar Spaniard who won't cut it in the prem.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm not even sure what this team needs in future windows. I love the young players we have here so much. Feel like its a golden age kind of group and don't want to dismantle that.

I think Grealish is all we need in forward areas now. I dont particularly feel anyone else would do anything ESR can't do already. But its about balancing his game time and not ruining him/relying on him too much. Grealish being able to play anywhere across the 3 is huge.

So with that being said if you can get a 6 month loan on a capable number 10 do it, if not utilise Özil and rotate with Smith Rowe.

Other than that I'd agree that backup keeper is a key area.

Even if we bring in a CAM we are probably short on quality in CM with only one of Xhaka and Elneny who should be staying at this club long-term (i.e. need an upgrade on quality). Could say AMN could come into CM, but even then Ceballos’ loan will be up also.

With Luiz on his way out after this season we also need to consider an additional CB for the Rob Holding position depending on what’s going on with Saliba. We also need a better backup GK. LB cover for Tierney is a question mark also depending on progression of Saka and AMN in other positions.

Regarding the rest, yes, it is mainly offloading players to make room for youth to come through.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Even if we bring in a CAM we are probably short on quality in CM with only one of Xhaka and Elneny who should be staying at this club long-term (i.e. need an upgrade on quality). Could say AMN could come into CM, but even then Ceballos’ loan will be up also.

With Luiz on his way out after this season we also need to consider a CB for the Holding position depending on what’s going on with Saliba. We also need a better backup GK.

Regarding the rest, yes, it is mainly offloading players to make room for youth to come through.

Yes completely agree. Depending on what we do with Guendouzi we will need another CM maybe even two if Douzi does leave.

RCB unless Saliba can come into the side. And of course like you say a second choice goalkeeper.

Feel like those four positions will be the ones we sign over this window and this summer. And if we can get money for Bellerin then Lamptey should come in as well.

Iceman10

Established Member
Yes completely agree. Depending on what we do with Guendouzi we will need another CM maybe even two if Douzi does leave.

RCB unless Saliba can come into the side. And of course like you say a second choice goalkeeper.

Feel like those four positions will be the ones we sign over this window and this summer. And if we can get money for Bellerin then Lamptey should come in as well.

Was also editing my comment with a question mark over LB cover for Tierney. In part depends on progression of Saka and AMN in other positions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Was also editing my comment with a question mark over LB cover for Tierney. In part depends on progression of Saka and AMN in other positions.

Was going to say about that, probably an area of slight concern. More than happy for AMN to play there as backup though. Feel like that'll happen in the cup games.

Melquiades

Can't we make a big splash on Grealish?

No way Villa in hell sell him in this window. If they win their game in hand, they're T-3rd in the PL right now.

Doubt that Grealish would want to drop to a team currently in 11th, either.

Next summer could be a different story. If they don't make Europe, they'll likely be selling to someone that did.

Goonger

Agree with yours & Icemans posts regarding squad building in the main. Still think there's room for a Buendia given we are very unlikely to get a Grealish, & like Grealish he can play multiple positions, plus because he won't be a massive name he should be willing to take his place in the squad rather than have an expectation to play every week. But yeah, in January (& summer) priority given to getting people out the door first.

Then, perhaps someone like Berge for midfield if we think Bissouma's AFCON will be a problem.

Saka's performance on the right has made another wide man less of a priority, perhaps going forward managing to offload Pepe / Willian we look to someone like Neto / Solomon, or hope Nelson can kick on.

We need to assess Lacazette's contract situation, do we want to commit to paying big on his last contract, or decide to replace with someone like an Edouard?

Mudi

Think already to next year. Who is going to stay within the team and which positions are we going to need to strengthen.
If we assume that Kola, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers, Saliba, Elneny, Ceballos, Özil, Guendouzi, Toreira,... will all leave, we have the following:

Back-up GK: Yes and priority
Back-up LB: Yes and no priority
First team CB / Back-up CB: Yes and no priority
First team CM: Yes and priority
First team AM: Yes and priority

I would say we start with a decent back-up GK and first team AM. If ESR gets injured (and chances are not slim), we are screwed seeing Willock or Willian on the 10 and our whole dynamic play will be gone as those 2 like to drop deep To receive the ball and thus leaving a huge gap between striker and midfield.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we sign someone permanently hope it's one of Brandt, Aouar or Buendia. Don't care which player has which flaws, beggars can't be choosers. Reckon any of the three would be good, potentially very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom