• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

shoot for the top

I think with the attack starting to click, he will start scoring again. He always looked disinterested when he didn't score. He got into a few goal-scoring positions today. It will come.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I think the most annoying thing is his form disappeared literally the moment he signed the contract. His body language is awful as well the way he downed tools against Wolves in the last 15 mins was unacceptable for a captain. He’s been a great player for us but if he’s not trying especially since he got his big fat contract the brickbats are coming out.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think with the attack starting to click, he will start scoring again. He always looked disinterested when he didn't score. He got into a few goal-scoring positions today. It will come.
And what if Martinelli clicks before him? Let's be honest here, he is playing only because he was scoring last season, but how long can that last? Laca regaining his form makes Auba completely redundant as CF, so that's also not an option while Laca plays well.

remains

Amazing how quickly people turn on our best player. Guy only won us the FA 6 months ago! Yes he is in bad form at the moment but if he gets anywhere near to his normal level with the rest of our attack also in form, we will be devastating up top.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The way the team is set up right now, he's really not needed in the first 11 because he doesn't add anything.

If you put him in Laca's place, he doesn't have the technical ability to play one-two's or play with his back to the goal, so it's like having 10 men at times due to his limitations.

And this is the best attack we've had in a long time with Martinelli-Laca-Saka and ESR behind them, because it's so balanced and there's a lot of movement between players that are technical.

Captain or no captain, he should be benched for a bit because we are playing better atm without him.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Amazing how quickly people turn on our best player. Guy only won us the FA 6 months ago! Yes he is in bad form at the moment but if he gets anywhere near to his normal level with the rest of our attack also in form, we will be devastating up top.
Yeah it was just Aubemeyang. Nothing to do with the rest of the players :rolleyes:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s our best player. Has any Arsenal player even sniffed 40 goals in a season, has any Arsenal player even dreamed of getting a PL golden boot? Isn’t he our fastest ever player to 50 PL goals?

Don’t let bad management fool you please. I’d say he’s only at fault for not scoring yesterday, maybe you can extend that to the Brighton game as well.

wolfkidultman

He’s our best player. Has any Arsenal player even sniffed 40 goals in a season, has any Arsenal player even dreamed of getting a PL golden boot? Isn’t he our fastest ever player to 50 PL goals?

Don’t let bad management fool you please. I’d say he’s only at fault for not scoring yesterday, maybe you can extend that to the Brighton game as well.

Bad management? It was good management that got the best out of him last season. The trouble is that over time that system was easily nullified and alternative setups have meant playing Aubameyang in roles that his limited footballing ability really doesn’t lend itself to.

Aubameyang is a problem. What Martinelli offers us compared to him is night and day. We have a system which is getting the best out of the majority of our midfielders and forwards with Aubameyang being one of the exclusions.

We can’t afford to build the team around him
again to the detriment of the rest of the players who have shone in recent games. He needs to be benched and put the graft in to reclaim his place in the team.

If he can do that and adapt his game to no longer become a hinderance to our build up play then by all means play him but I really doubt that he’ll be able to do that.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Bad management? It was good management that got the best out of him last season. The trouble is that over time that system was easily nullified and alternative setups have meant playing Aubameyang in roles that his limited footballing ability really doesn’t lend itself to.

Aubameyang is a problem. What Martinelli offers us compared to him is night and day. We have a system which is getting the best out of the majority of our midfielders and forwards with Aubameyang being one of the exclusions.

We can’t afford to build the team around him
again to the detriment of the rest of the players who have shone in recent games. He needs to be benched and put the graft in to reclaim his place in the team.

If he can do that and adapt his game to no longer become a hinderance to our build up play then by all means play him but I really doubt that he’ll be able to do that.
Beautifully put.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's probably our best player when at his best. But he hasn't been at his best this season. The manager will have to take a partial blame for that. But Auba should look at himself in the mirror. He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. There were times in brighton game where he looked disinterested. Even yesterday, there was a poor pass by Tierney to him that he could have chased, he just stood still and he looked visibly angry at Tierney.

At this point you argue that we'll look much better if Martinelli replaces him in the starting XI

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He's been terrible on the ball and even you can't defend that. Looks exactly like this whenever he's trying to dribble, cross or get past his man:
7827243612_c7d6057ec8_o.gif

shoot for the top

And what if Martinelli clicks before him? Let's be honest here, he is playing only because he was scoring last season, but how long can that last? Laca regaining his form makes Auba completely redundant as CF, so that's also not an option while Laca plays well.

If Martinelli does better, then he gets the spot. I wasn't saying Auba is undroppable.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Henry has only won the PL Golden boot a record 4 times but carry on. o_O

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom