• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
And then there is this....

https://www.skysports.com/football/...endia-max-aarons-and-todd-cantwell-in-january

Norwich to ignore offers for Emi Buendia, Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell in January
Sky Sports News has learned none of Norwich's key players have asked to leave - nor has any Premier League club yet made an official approach; Norwich sit top of the Championship, four points clear of Swansea in second

skysports-emi-buendia-norwich_5212277.jpg

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Difficult to see why Norwich would want to sell. They are six points clear as leaders in the Championship. Surely promotion should be their number one target...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Stats people talk about young players making 'the leap', going from promising to bonafide legit. That's what Grealish is doing this season for example. Once a player makes the leap it seems obvious that they're a star, even if there were doubts beforehand. We forget now but people questioned whether Grealish just looked good in the Championship but couldn't step up.

No way of knowing who'll make the leap or when it'll happen. We spent 70m on Pepe on the assumption that he was making it, and he didn't. Early signs are appearing that Saka could make it. Signs there too with Buendia, there are question marks over him now but it's perfectly possible that this time next year he'll be a legit star.

Buying the player just before the leap is the key, if it's for a reasonable price then you gotta go for it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
And then there is this....

https://www.skysports.com/football/...endia-max-aarons-and-todd-cantwell-in-january

Norwich to ignore offers for Emi Buendia, Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell in January
Sky Sports News has learned none of Norwich's key players have asked to leave - nor has any Premier League club yet made an official approach; Norwich sit top of the Championship, four points clear of Swansea in second

skysports-emi-buendia-norwich_5212277.jpg
If they not asked to leave Norwich won't be desperate to sell specially if thier financial state is stable

SA Gunner

If they not asked to leave Norwich won't be desperate to sell specially if thier financial state is stable

And the money that Premier League qualification brings.

We will need to put up a lot of money for Buendia, easily 40+.

Finesse

Registering interest at this stage is very good news. A player going the other way means game time and additional options for Norwich. I prefer Willock at this stage. I strongly belief a fit Nelson has a lot to offer than Willock.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Another good thing it seems to me is that Buendia is comfortable on the right wing. Even if he has a future in the centre or even central midfield, the fact he could finally get our right side functioning would be good. The team has been lopsided to the left for too long.

I'm pretty certain by now that Bellerin will never be a great defender, but his attacking game is underrated and should be appreciated more. If he could strike up a good relationship with a right-sided creator he could do a lot of damage.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm worried this guy is our first 11 attacking midfield signing for the next few seasons. If its a case if Buendia this January and no one in the summer, just go with Smith Rowe till then end of the season, then have a proper go at an Aouar type signing in the summer.

SA Gunner

Sky saying there wont be any movements out of Norwich, but then we see this.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A loan to Norwich would be a great move for Willock and Nelson. We should try and make that happen irrespective of Buendia's situation.

SA Gunner

Why give them Nelson who still has a future here when we could offer them Nketiah...

All three on loan (Nelson, Willock, Nketiah). Slap a once off payment of 15m and we should be able to do a deal I say.

Auba, Laca, Martinelli, Balogun for the rest of the season.

KenyanGoon

I'm worried this guy is our first 11 attacking midfield signing for the next few seasons. If its a case if Buendia this January and no one in the summer, just go with Smith Rowe till then end of the season, then have a proper go at an Aouar type signing in the summer.
Nothing in ESR's short history as a player tells me he can keep his fitness until the end of the season. Its a huge gamble. It would be quite unfortunate come february 1st and ESR is out for the season. Should have gotten Buendia as soon as we failed to get Aouar. Heck we were even given a few more days to get it done. What did we do? Nothing. Lets not make the same mistake.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing in ESR's short history as a player tells me he can keep his fitness until the end of the season. Its a huge gamble. It would be quite unfortunate come february 1st and ESR is out for the season. Should have gotten Buendia as soon as we failed to get Aouar. Heck we were even given a few more days to get it done. What did we do? Nothing. Lets not make the same mistake.

I agree with you regarding ESR, he's done well but physically he struggles later on in games, needs to build his fitness up.

Regarding Buendia, I'm not so sure. I'd rather the club wait and get their first choice targets, rather then go for stop gap signings that become deadwood in the future. I'm not saying that will happen with Buendia, but the recent past has told us to try and avoid situations like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom