• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
“The first rule to fight against racism is to respect such different ways of life and culture.”

Can miss me with that nonsense right there. If anything the fight against racism is to fight against ingrained cultural problems.

Racism in Spanish speaking countries is off the scale.

Yh like, if everyone thinks what you deem normal in your country is not normal maybe it's time your country had a conversation with itself about what it should deem normal. Idk.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
“The first rule to fight against racism is to respect such different ways of life and culture.”

Can miss me with that nonsense right there. If anything the fight against racism is to fight against ingrained cultural problems.

Racism in Spanish speaking countries is off the scale.

Finally we have concrete grounds to cancel this c*nt.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yh like, if everyone thinks what you deem normal in your country is not normal maybe it's time your country had a conversation with itself about what it should deem normal. Idk.
But I feel like anger should be directed towards the actual country and the culture it is setting. Cavani and his term is a product of a country which has normalised stuff which is seen as racist in other countries.

But anyway hopefully south americans now are going to realise its not okay saying this kind of **** here as it is racist here. People should be more aware and I think thats what Cavani has failed at.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So, he said "negro"?

I mean, we have a similar use in portuguese that is "nego/nega", which can be used in many contexts that aren't racist in their intent, but when you stop to think about where it came from, they can become so.

When you say "Nego thinks that laws don't apply to them" you're saying "anyone"... but the root of that word is based on slavery/racism, as it literally means "black person".

I've talked to black people that don't see it as racist, but I would also understand if it were understood as such. I refrain from using it, but it's not something I'd stop a conversation to make a point about if I heard it used.

Cavani does not live in a bubble, he can say that where they come from it's not racist, but his PR team absolutely has to tell him that it can be and he should refrain from using it.

The example @Red London posted, *for me* (a white person), would be racist - even in context.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So, he said "negro"?

I mean, we have a similar use in portuguese that is "nego/nega", which can be used in many contexts that aren't racist in their intent, but when you stop to think about where it came from, they can become so.

When you say "Nego thinks that laws don't apply to them" you're saying "anyone"... but the root of that word is based on slavery/racism.

I've talked to black people that don't see it as racist, but I would also understand if it were understood as such.

Cavani does not live in a bubble, he can say that where they come from it's not racist, but his PR team absolutely has to tell him that it can be and he should refrain from using it.

The example @Red London posted, *for me* (a white person), would be racist - even in context.
He said "negrito"

And which example? The Romanian ref? I do think what he said is racist but not as disgusting as some people painted it as.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Cavani was fresh off boat from Uraguay then you could understand it, but he lived in France where there is slight racial tension over there too - he definitely knows better.

Plus, he knows Suarez very well.

The ban was fine, just take it and keep it moving. To be fair to Cavani I don't see many protests from himself, its his team mates and Uraguay FA - they did the same for Suarez, nothing to see here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He said "negrito"

What was the context? Was it during a match, like Suarez? If so, it's kinda bad.

If he said it to a friend of his, I don't see it as that big of an issue. A simple "I'll be careful" throwaway statement would be the correct PR.

Again, he needs to be aware that he is a brand and represents other brands, so stuff he says can have consequences.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What was the context? Was it during a match, like Suarez? If so, it's kinda bad.

If he said it to a friend of his, I don't see it as that big of an issue. A simple "I'll be careful" throwaway statement would be the correct PR.

Again, he needs to be aware that he is a brand and represents other brands, so stuff he says can have consequences.
I think he said it to a friend on an IG story, he meant it in endearing fashion I think.

But yeah I find it dumb how players come to very modern and aware countries and dont watch what they say.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

this was it unless missing more

Screen-Shot-2020-11-30-at-07.18.48-e1606721528839.png

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Atletico's own mistake. Weren't we getting money for him, but Atletico came knocking and of course he chose them?

Not sure how good this was for Arsenal as we lost half year of his contract. But luckily it's until 2023, so there is good time to sell for decent money.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Atletico's own mistake. Weren't we getting money for him, but Atletico came knocking and of course he chose them?

Not sure how good this was for Arsenal as we lost half year of his contract.
I'm not sure how legit those links were tbh, can't imagine Torino accepting a loan with an obligation to buy.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Can't wait to see him out of my club. Bang average player that failed here and what's worse is seeing him taking the same stance as Suarez ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom