• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Mood seeing this thread at the top of the Transfer section with an edited title :
200.gif

Edu and Arteta clearing house at AFC (and on A-M). Tears of joy flowing right now.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Mesut is a weird one. Has created incredible moments at the club, went missing at times too. For me though his signing will always remind me of the last 18 months, I can’t see passed how much of a cliff he has fallen off.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was capable of world class moments and his signing was a game changer when it happened. But largely disappointing and rarely in the same class as Alexis Sanchez. Telling nobody wanted him when his contract ran down unlike Alexis, Ramsey, RVP, Nasri, heck even Sagna moved to City on a free. Özil off to Turkey or the USA :lol:
The stats he’s posted in his time here, particularly under Wenger, kind of make it difficult to consider his time here anything other than a success.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The stats he’s posted in his time here, particularly under Wenger, kind of make it difficult to consider his time here anything other than a success.
Some of his stats were outstanding. But as the saying goes lies, lies and damn statistics.

His time here was never as successful as it should have been.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pretty sure this is just a pre-contract arrangement, and that he will see the contract out here.

There is no way he is giving up any of his pay here or loyalty bonus.

Forget about a fee...

Could be but reading the rules of MLS, they could definitely contribute a significant amount to his wages. Zlatan was on $7m base salary at LA Galaxy

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Could be but reading the rules of MLS, they could definitely contribute a significant amount to his wages. Zlatan was on $7m base salary at LA Galaxy

Most of his earnings will come from endorsements and a share of revenue from merchandise sales. Beckham earned $7m base salary but was getting closer to $50m after everything else was included. The sooner he moves there the sooner he can start earning from all that other stuff. The club will probably offer to pay a chunk of what he’s owed as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wait can't he start negotiating now because its 6months away from his contract expiry?

Does the source explicitly say in Jan? I doubt it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So it looks like Mes' story here is finally coming to a close, hopefully anyway!

He wasn't really what we needed when we bought him in 2013, he has been very up and down in that time, pretty **** the last few years especially...but he played his part in ending the 9 year trophy drought we endured until 2014, that should never be forgotten in particular.
Well put.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Probably the most excited I've ever been for an Arsenal signing when he got him. Arguably the first time we'd ever signed a genuine superstar in his prime, even Bergkamp's career had stalled a bit when we signed him.

Typical Wenger we need a centre forward and holding mid and he goes and signs the best attacking mid in the world at the time :lol:

I've always enjoyed watching him play and he was here to end the trophy drought so I'll always be grateful for that. Yes, in hindsight, we shouldn't have gave him the contract but let's not forget the amount of players who jumped ship. Mesut never, he deserves respect for that.

Still think he should have been playing the last 6 months but that's going over old ground. If he's to leave this month or this summer I wish him the best and look forward to watching him in the future.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Wait can't he start negotiating now because its 6months away from his contract expiry?

Does the source explicitly say in Jan? I doubt it.

Doesn’t say when it will happen, but January makes the most sense in terms of their season. They start playing at the beginning of March. If he waits until his contract ends he’ll move there in July which means he wouldn’t have played for 17 months. He’ll have to build up fitness which probably takes another month and by that time they are over halfway through their season. They might not care about that though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Never been but heard Washington DC is less than spectacular to live in.

Built on a swamp apparently so is grim in summertime. Step down from the London lifestyle.

Couldn’t he have swung a move to Miami or LA?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Built on a swamp apparently so is grim in summertime. Step down from the London lifestyle.

Going for the money and longterm product marketing. Can go anywhere in the world when not in season. No biggie.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yeah i remember an episode of top gear and clarkson said it was a sh1thole badically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom