• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I agree, but it doesn't mean other players haven't had more talent. De-Bruyne has an exceptional work ethic.

Seems to me your metric for talent is being a good dribbler and easy on the eye.

De Bruyne has unbelievable natural striking and technical ability. To hit the ball as hard and accurately as he does isn't just work ethic, its natural talent.

- Phenomenal stamina.
- Burst of pace, with or without the ball
- Vision
- Technique
- Goals/Assist fiend
- And now defensive ability too.

He's complete.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems to me your metric for talent is being a good dribbler and easy on the eye.

De Bruyne has unbelievable natural striking and technical ability. To hit the ball as hard and accurately as he does isn't just work ethic, its natural talent.

- Phenomenal stamina.
- Vision
- Technique
- Goals/Assist fiend

He's complete.

Defensive ability? He is an offensive midfielder who works hard off the ball. In the same way Martinelli does. He plays in a dominant possession based side who rotionally foul. He is on of the worlds best attacking midfielders. I wouldn't call him a complete midfielder, but that's not a bad thing. Complete midfielders are usually central and they are very rare.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Defensive ability? He is an offensive midfielder who works hard off the ball. In the same way Martinelli does. He plays in a dominant possession based side who rotionally foul. He is on of the worlds best attacking midfielders. I wouldn't call him a complete midfielder, but that's not a bad thing. Complete midfielders are usually central and they are very rare.

I can't think of a more complete one. He's box to box, two footed, strong, skilful, and a goal/assist fiend. He can play as a CM AM or wide midfielder. In years to come, he will drop into a deep lying midfield role, like Gerrard/Seedorf etc did. He's a phenomenon.

GoonerJay24

- Phenomenal stamina.
- Vision
- Technique
- Goals/Assist fiend

He's complete.

Dribbling is an important attribute but there are other determinants of talent.

I'm not disputing about De-Bruynes talent of course he has an abundance of it. However there have been other players just as talented if not more that lacked the conditions and attitude to fulfill there potential like Kevin.

GoonerJay24

Viera and Yaya Toure on his game were complete midfielders

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Dribbling is an important attribute but there are other determinants of talent.

I'm not disputing about De-Bruynes talent of course he has an abundance of it. However there have been other players just as talented if not more that lacked the conditions and attitude to fulfill there potential like Kevin.

Fulfilling potential is a talent in itself no? Otherwise, you could rank someone like Taarabt over Fabregas.

Reactions: JCB

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't think of a more complete one. He's box to box, two footed, strong, skilful, and a goal/assist fiend. He can play as a CM AM or wide midfielder. In years to come, he will drop into a deep lying midfield role, like Gerrard/Seedorf etc did. He's a phenomenon.

Please explain to me how he is box to box? He is a final third player.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Please explain to me how he is box to box? He is a final third player.

KDB is primarily a box to box midfielder.

He's neither an all-out attacking midfielder nor a box-to-box. He's a mezzala. Italian football terminology is more precise about roles, probably because Serie A was the league with the highest level of tactical battles for a long time, whereas English football terminology is lacking in this regard, probably because it was the opposite for a long time (almost exclusively direct 4-4-2).

Breezy

He's neither an all-out attacking midfielder nor a box-to-box. He's a mezzala. Italian football terminology is more precise about roles, probably because Serie A was the league with the highest level of tactical battles for a long time, whereas English football terminology is lacking in this regard, probably because it was the opposite for a long time (almost exclusively direct 4-4-2).

Actually he is both. He pretty much plays both roles simultaneously. Which is what makes him such a good all-rounder.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Actually he is both. He pretty much plays both roles simultaneously. Which is what makes him such a good all-rounder.

That's what makes him a mezzala. It's literally what the term stands for. An attack-minded creative midfielder who plays closer to the center of the pitch and takes on defensive responsibilities when the opponent has the possession.

Breezy

That's what makes him a mezzala. It's literally what the term stands for. An attack-minded creative midfielder who plays closer to the center of the pitch and takes on defensive responsibilities when the opponent has the possession.

You can give it a fancy name. The point was De Bruyne is box to box playmaker.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Can't believe people are trying to downplay KDB. Lol. It's hilarious really. Anyway, any rumours circulating about Bissouma?

Breezy

Moving the goalposts, are we? This is what you said:

It's incorrect.

Why is it incorrect? De Bruyne is usually all over the pitch, contributing defensively and offensively. That’s called a box to box midfielder.

He just so happens to be a bit of a creative genius. Which is what makes him a box to box playmaker.

Have I made myself clear, boys?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is it incorrect? De Bruyne is usually all over the pitch, contributing defensively and offensively. That’s called a box to box midfielder.

He just so happens to be a bit of a creative genius. Which is what makes him a box to box playmaker.

Have I made myself clear, boys?

Pitch coverage doesn't mean you are a box 6o box midfielder. Number 10s have more freedom than most players and can be all over the pitch to get on the ball. Zidane, Özil. I have seen heat maps where they are everywhere. Does that mean they are box to box? No.

A box to box is someone who operates from one end of the pitch to the other with the same level of defensive ability as they do offensive. Someone who is complete.

A box to box could play as a defensively midfielder if asked to. Or an attacking midfield if asked to. De Bruyne can't play as a holding midfielder as he isn't actually that good defensively.

Man City play a pressing/rotational fouling with designated holders and inverted physical fullbacks. They cover for KDB.

KDB puts in effort defensively. But he isn't actually good at it.

Breezy

Pitch coverage doesn't mean you are a box 6o box midfielder. Number 10s have more freedom than most players and can be all over the pitch to get on the ball. Zidane, Özil. I have seen heat maps where they are everywhere. Does that mean they are box to box? No.

A box to box is someone who operates from one end of the pitch to the other with the same level of defensive ability as they do offensive. Someone who is complete.

A box to box could play as a defensively midfielder if asked to. Or an attacking midfield if asked to. De Bruyne can't play as a holding midfielder as he isn't actually that good defensively.

Man City play a pressing/rotational fouling with designated holders and inverted physical fullbacks. They cover for KDB.

KDB puts in effort defensively. But he isn't actually good at it.

You honestly cannot see the difference between Zidane and Özil’s game to the way De Bruyne plays for Man City?

De Bruyne is a much more complete footballer than anyone you would classify as a box to box midfielder btw.

To be considered a box2box midfielder you don’t have to be Rijkaard at defending ffs. You just have to be a player who helps the team effectively at both ends of the pitch. Gerrard and Lampard were not unbelievable at defending neither but both are considered the prototype of the modern box2box midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom