• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | Thursday 14th January | KO:20:00 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Well with Gabi’s knock or injury it is unlikely he will be available, although I rather like him breaking up Auba and Laca starting together. Only other question is Mari v. Gabriel, in most cases you don’t drop the player who comes in and does well.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Assuming Martinelli not available he should more or less stick with the XI than won three on the trot. If Partey is fit he should replace Elneny, if he isn't might give Ceballos a start.

Have to take a view on whether Gabriel and fit and well in which case he probably comes in for Mari, who has been quite good to be fair. Be interesting to see them both with Mari in a back three at some point.

Smith Rowe, Laca, Saka and Auba should all start if possible. We need to start making statements againsgt this type of team, we're a big team and they're not. They've had some good results against us in recent years but they shipped seven recently and if we are aggressive and get a couple of goals it should be game over.

bergholt

Mari cant be dropped. Not after winning 4 in a row. He does make some mistakes sometimes but he, it seems to me, is much quicker with the ball than Gabriel. If we want to do that playing from the back i like Mari a lot better than Gabriel.

Drop Holding, play both of them?

Multipass

Drop Holding, play both of them?

Agree. Not really sure why it’s between Gabrielle and Mari.

If we’re honest the recent turn around of form has little to do with the holding / Mari partnership (who have made mistakes in each game that we’ve been lucky haven’t resulted in goals). Gabrielle when fit is the only certain starter.

As far as I am concerned, Holding, Mari and Luis can fight out the other spot.

Each have their merits depending on the opposition.

GoonerJay24

Leno
Holding Mari Gabriel
Bellerin Elneny Partey AMN
Saka Smith-Rowe
Lacazette

Bench - Runnarsson Luiz Cedric Tierney Xhaka Ceballos Pepe Aubamayang Nketiah

Give Tierney a rest for this one, if Partey not ready play Xhaka instead

3-1 Arsenal

bergholt

Leno
Holding Mari Gabriel
Bellerin Elneny Partey AMN
Saka Smith-Rowe
Lacazette

Bench - Runnarsson Luiz Cedric Tierney Xhaka Ceballos Pepe Aubamayang Nketiah

Give Tierney a rest for this one, if Partey not ready play Xhaka instead

3-1 Arsenal

Bellerin and AMN as wing backs, and only three attackers feels like we could be a bit toothless to me. I'd be a bit surprised if we went back to 3 centre halves given we've been much better with 2.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are people seriously saying put in Mari and Gabriel :lol: we stick with the system that's been giving us wins, we stick with Mari and Holding. Gabriel can come in against Newcastle on Monday.

Playing Mari and Gabriel defeats what Arteta wants to do.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Playing Mari and Gabriel defeats what Arteta wants to do.

Also just be glad that we have decent rotation for at least one position in our team. (Auba/Martinelli on left wing might be close, if Auba wasn't out of form).

Otherwise I fear injuries and red cards. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom