• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal4life14

If its ligaments in the ankle he could be out for like 6 weeks, Ive done the ligaments in my ankle a couple times. Quite painful initially but generally its nothing serious. Hopefully he wont be out for too long. Sad for him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I know its sunday and there things are more quiet, but there is an instant need for a scan as of today - thus surely we'd be seeing news and a heads up by now ?

remains

Can see him having brilliant patches of form where he shows his skill but lots of injury spells in between. We must stick by him though as his talent is clear to see. I’m sure he will eventually have an injury free season and score 30+ goals and repay the faith we have shown in him, only to leave for Man U the next season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember in 05/06 I think it was when we went through 7 different left backs? :lol:

Mental season, that was like 1 game away from being 1 of our best ever, if not the best ever...which is crazy to think, considering we played so many matches with Cygan or Flamini at LB :lol:

Think this was the first time under Arsène that we really had a drop off in away form...selling Paddy and Edu in the summer, Sol Campbell wasn't quite the same that season as he had been previously, all the ****ing injuries...we lost a lot of our power in the team and you could see how it affected us, you could really bully Arsenal away from home starting then.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's awfully prone to injury.

I understand the intention but I think we need to be a bit careful with being quick to label players as injury prone.

Injuries are nuanced and complex, especially at the developmental stage of a player's career. It's easy to conflate players who suffer recurring (and often innocuous) muscular injuries with players who play at a high intensity and are thus vulnerable to good and bad luck.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta on whether Martinelli is going to be an injury-prone player...

It's more bad luck. It's only three injuries and they're really different ones. One was a contact and the other one was something that can happen to anybody, so you have to be really unlucky. We're going to scan him today, hopefully it's not that bad and it doesn't knock Gabi back but I was gutted for him because he was in pain and he was gutted.
I'd hold the phone before calling him injury prone.

We had seen Tierney have back to back injuries in different places just before he joined. This season the only game he missed was a bogus covid protocol.

I honestly just think Martinelli is a bit of a baby. If you notice he often acts like he's gotten shot on the pitch at least once every appearance. Just seems that's how he is.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I swear people just like to push narratives without thinking. Players who have surgery to repair knee injuries often struggle with injuries lower in the leg upon their return to top level competition. It's very common and not indicative that they're now a permanent sick note or anything to that effect. When your gait changes as a result of injury and surgical reconstruction, even if imperceptible it has a knock on effect on the rest of the kinetic chain. There's nothing to be alarmist about yet.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He needs to eat more powdered fish meal. Preferably of capeling and herring. Builds character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom