• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Following the end of their trophy drought, Wenger spoke in real fondness about a team that were just starting on their journey. "This was more important than all the others," he said. "We have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today."

...Big Wengz regards the 2014 FA Cup win, as the most important of his career, probably right in some ways...Arsène must have been in absolute agony at 2-0 down.

Already been said, but it's a little sad to see that last player from that team, leave the club in such a crappy way...shame both sides couldn't have come out of this better, but that's life I guess.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
These are Wenger's words on Mesut from his autobiography. It's a fitting way to sum up his time at the club, barring the last couple of years I'd say. Wenger as always has a way with words.

ivtb1sr9gn961.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Just putting this here, I really don't get the hate Arsenal fans (or Özil fans) have for Giroud.

He cost Özil the assist record amongst other things with his all round donkeyness.

Should have been his but now KDB has matched Henry's record. Özil's season might have not gone down in the record books but the streets don't forget.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Just putting this here, I really don't get the hate Arsenal fans (or Özil fans) have for Giroud.

I hate him for his antics post Arsenal. What makes it worse is that it came out of nowhere. There are other ex-players that at least have a minimum of respect for the club left, while Giroud seems to have none of it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

He cost Özil the assist record amongst other things with his all round donkeyness.

Should have been his but now KDB has matched Henry's record. Özil's season might have not gone down in the record books but the streets don't forget.

Giroud literally went 20 games without scoring, when we lost a title race to Leicester...mental thing for an Arsenal striker to do :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Giroud is nowhere near as bad as some like to make him out on here. Not top level but very good at what he does. We could do with a player like him now in fact.

Arsenal fans are just used to Henry / Anelka / Wright / Auba type of striker.

There's also the paranoia that if we cross the ball into the box more than twice a game we're suddenly becoming Burnely :lol:

He's just not the profile of player that Arsenal fans generally would ever take to fully. Even when he was playing well and scoring he'd only get grudging praise.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was the most frustrating regular starting forward we had in the Wenger years. I don't care about assist records and what not but we in many ways wasted one of our best chances to win a title in years in 2016 with his inability to finish a number of chances that Özil created for him. I must admit I'm very surprised at how much more clinical he seems to have been since he went to Chelsea.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So the interview with his doctor didnt really give us any real news?
It was significant because it's the first time anyone from Özil's camp has admitted moving before his contract ends is a possibility.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

As for Özil all we had to do was put 2 f*ck off midfielders behind him and a striker not named Giroud in front of him and dust hands.

How we managed to f*ck this one up, I will never know but oh well.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member

When you are second position right behind Leicester in the premier league table with all top teams ****ting bed because of manager transitions, you know that you may not get this kind of opportunity again to win the league and your lone striker goes on a ****ing 15 match goal drought, hate is justified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom