• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Again, I don't know why we would be selling him, he is good enough.

He is arguably the 3rd best CB we have, apart from Luiz and the new guy

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As a pure defender maybe but when you look at his passing ability compared to Mari for example he is pretty woeful.
Probably, but it is on par with Holding.

He's fast and brave. You can put him next to Luiz or Gabriel to sweep. AND he's probably going for free or some chump change.

We'll still have Chambers and Mustafi who we are actively selling. We'll end up with no backup again.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Luiz is a good ball-player but a trash defender. Sokratis is better defensively, but a worse passer. We clearly need to get rid of both. Same goes for Chambers and Mustafi.

We then still have Mari, Gabriel, Holding and Saliba/Mavropanos. That's more than enough if Saliba turns out to be the prospect he was supposed to be.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Apparently offered to Liverpool? Via Talksport. Possibly makes sense given their defensive crisis. Although our luck will be that he becomes a gem for Liverpool rather than the dud retirement signings we get from rivals.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Apparently offered to Liverpool? Via Talksport. Possibly makes sense given their defensive crisis. Although our luck will be that he becomes a gem for Liverpool rather than the dud retirement signings we get from rivals.

We left Özil and Sokratis out of the squad. They have had 4 months to offer these players out. We could have had frank conversations with them letting them know there was no way back for them and it would be best to find another club. Why are we only trying to solve the problem in January? We have spent half the window doing nothing.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I would be a bit surprised if he went to Liverpool even as cover for their injury crisis. Not a Liverpool type player at all.

I'm not too fussed where he goes though. He's a good basic defender. He just doesn't fit in here with his poor distribution. I hope he's successful wherever he ends up though, he seems a good character.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We left Özil and Sokratis out of the squad. They have had 4 months to offer these players out. We could have had frank conversations with them letting them know there was no way back for them and it would be best to find another club. Why are we only trying to solve the problem in January? We have spent half the window doing nothing.
We made some quick movements early on with Kolasanic and Matt Macey. We can only do so much but it's upto the players to then move. The fact it sounds like Sokratis has a lot of offers and Özil is undecided if he wants to stick or twist suggests to me we've done our part.

Goonger

I did wonder if they would take a sniff at our extra defenders. Even someone like Chambers on loan I thought would be of interest to them as a low cost solution & allow them to get any main targets in the summer.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would be a bit surprised if he went to Liverpool even as cover for their injury crisis. Not a Liverpool type player at all.
If I was a Liverpool fan I'd certainly take him over nothing. I don't understand what that club is doing right now. They are in a clear injury crisis at the back and its also effecting the options in their midfield, as they're having to shift Fabinho and Hendo there.

Signing someone like Sokratis could be the difference between getting the title and not getting the title, as silly as that sounds. Clubs pay hundreds of million to win titles and Liverpool are scared of signing a cheap or free player to help ease the burden. The weird thing is my Liverpool friend agrees with the club, shows how important board-fan relationships are, Arsenal fans would be going absolutely berzerk right now if we were in that situation.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
No offence, but if you genuinely believe Arsenal haven't been trying to shift these guys every week, then you are either so down on the club that you will view everything they do negatively, or you are an idiot.

Plutarch

He'd be a good signing for Liverpool. They're desperately short of centre backs right now and he's good enough to help them through the problem. Be better than playing their midfielders in defence as they're doing now.

TornadoTed

Established Member

At this rate we'll be stuck with him and Mustafi until summer.

Unfortunately yes. When you consider that estimates suggest we have lost £150m because of Covid just how many 10's of billions has football lost as a whole.

Everyone wants our deadwood out but everyone except maybe a small handful of clubs are broke.

Iceman10

Established Member

At this rate we'll be stuck with him and Mustafi until summer.

It is a good indicator of just how bad things are financially across football right now with Covid. I still expect most transfer movement to come right at the end of this transfer window though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom