• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

The only thing Pepe knows how to do is the same left foot curling shot, rinse and repeat. Its so predictable and very easy too defend against because you always know what he is gonna do, the left foot curling shot, its the only thing he has in his locker... its nowhere near enough, so easy to stop him because he has 1 tool.

I feel like he is on loop every match, serious dejavu feeling. He dribbles a little and loses the ball, then you don't see him for ages, and then all of a sudden he gets the ball and does a left foot curling shot that most of the time goes high and wide, rinse and repeat for next game.

I get that he is very bad on his right foot, ok fair enough, but with his left I will like to see some drilled shots, drilled hard and low, or perhaps some power shots, but its always the same left foot curling shot over and over, the other teams all know it

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
His flair has been coached out of him and he looks half the player he was

The flair hasn’t been coached out of him, the league simply has found him out to be a tragic footballer. He’s only looked somewhat worth a damn when up against a bunch of farmers in the EL as it makes him feel like he’s back in France.

Man is a 25 y/o full international yet I read people on here trying to preach about a raw deal for Pepe as his (last 3) manager(s) unfairly expect him to be able to control a football and think about what the hell he needs to do with it next at the same time.

Hopefully Edu finds a way to ship his ass back to France ASAP.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’ve never known such a clearly talented player be so useless, even Gervinho could be good, just lacked an ounce of composure.

REEVIE1995

Gonna get more stick than he deserves but I genuinely forgot he was on the field till the last few minutes which as a 70 million pound impact sub, is not a good thing.

His attempt at the end was ridiculous. The kind of thing you should only be attempting if your someone like Zlatlan or in outrageously good form. His decision making has to improve if he wants to stay an arsenal player.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Does the same thing every game. Takes it down the wing, tries to cut inside, then gets dispossessed.

Or he stops the ball and tries to beat his man from a standing start.

No amount of coaching will save him. Some of us saw it after 2 months, others will never see it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Listen by now pretty much all the judgements are in on Pepe, and tbh inside the club they've probably already made their minds up on him. Hopefully he can contribute at least something in the next 6 months, but the club should already be looking at how to move him on.

If you can get 30-35m for him you take it, or look to see if you can use him in a swap deal. Lyon could suit him, they have talent we might want, or Napoli, there's surely a clever deal to be done somewhere.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don’t get what he did particularly wrong yday. It was so congested in that area, Palace absolutely parked the bus and worked hard. It’s the same reason Saka and ESR didn’t have good games either.

Pepe actually showed some decent dribbling while being surrounded by 50 thousand players. But this is the issue we have always had with Pepe, the reason why he hasn’t developed, teams seem to triple up on him and we can’t do anything about it. I don’t get it though because you’d think if he’s taking so many players we can switch the ball and our LW would be 1on1 with defenders or something.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Does the same thing every game. Takes it down the wing, tries to cut inside, then gets dispossessed.
I was watching Zaha closely yesterday, the number of times he was dispossessed is stunning.
Players like them do that and they are more similar than many of you would like to believe. Zaha will have the advantage over Pepe, he will always be trusted even after a c*ap game and he is free to do whatever he wants on the pitch. That may be the reason why he was ****ting himself at United where you don't have that freedom, same as with Pepe at Arsenal.

Pepe is a shadow of a player we've seen in France and in his first season at Arsenal.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are people blaming Pepe?

Our highest earner puts in a performance ten times worse but people are more concerned about Pepe who was on the pitch for 15 minutes.

The cynic in me believed Arteta brought him on knowing full well there was nothing Pepe could do. But he brought him on anyway just to throw him to the wolves.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I never feel like he can make a difference. You'd really expect that from your record signing. Alas, it's not his fault he's hugely overpriced.
Lol I brought up that stat to illustrate that a couple favourites were on the pitch for the full 90 and did nothing.

People foaming at the mouth over an ineffective 15 minute cameo. People just don’t know what they are talking about and just blinded by their own biases really.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Funny him and Hazard been very bad investment. Hazard been 100x worse
At least Hazard can say he's had a great career. Arguably the best PL player in the modern era if we're talking trophies, accolades and ability. He had a great run and probably moved to Madrid to late in his career. If Pepe had half the career Hazard had, most of us would be ok with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At least Hazard can say he's had a great career. Arguably the best PL player in the modern era if we're talking trophies, accolades and ability. He had a great run and probably moved to Madrid to late in his career. If Pepe had half the career Hazard had, most of us would be ok with him.
Yes Hazard is world class player but at real madrid he been worse than pepe and not to mention he always injured. Pepe now he just 2 season wonder at Lille he didn't keep it up and we fall into trap spending big money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom