• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Who’s top and who’s in 11th?

Which team has the worst defensive record? Which team takes more shots per game? Which team scores more goals? Stop talking nonsense and go back to your cave manberg.

I’m definitely not Manberg. Don’t be upset because I want beautiful possession attacking football rather than sit back and pray for a penandes football. Luck has gifted Utd 20 points this season.

akhil

I didn’t think we played well. One player out of the side should not extinguish our attack. We cannot be that reliant on Tierney attacking, and if we are it should be a priority to get a solid backup. Saka is not the answer obviously.

There wasn’t an attacking strategy focused on getting ESR, Pepe, Auba into the game. We need numerous tactical options on the pitch to be a consistent winning football club.

Edu needs to be the focus of the window, but I do see areas where Arteta can improve. Edu hasn’t shipped enough players out and he hasn’t introduced enough changes to bring about a winning culture this window. Time is counting down.

Huh? What does Edu have to do with that performance? What does shipping people out have to do with what we set out to do with that 11?
What winning culture is supposed to be introduced in the January window? We were on a 4 game win streak, I doubt confidence was that low.

We again refused to pass through the middle, even ESR mainly got the ball when he drifted out wide. I wonder how many times Laca even touched the ball over the entire game.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have had enough of both Edu and Arteta. Two novices in one of the biggest jobs in world football. They talk to the fanbase in a patronising tone like we are idiots.

They justify every single thing that they do and never take responsibility for mistakes.

Willian will adapt instantly, so we have him a ludicrous contract even though we had the bargaining position because he wanted to stay in London. We could have offered him slightly more money and a 2 year deal and he would have taken it. The apparently he needs time. The Luiz deal was an absolute joke. Selling Martinez and then not replacing him, ridiculous. Letting Kola go so we got have one left back at the club is insanity. Cedric was sold to us because he can play left back? Tierney gets injured and AMN is expected to come in and perform at left back. When is the last time he played as a left back in a 4 ffs?

Edu and Arteta think then can just coast by and not buy players, take risks on injured players, keep playing the same players they invested in, give contracts to people they like, cast out people they don't. All the while they are sinking the ship because there are no fans in stadiums to boo them every single game.

Arteta stumbled across a system that works, take one player out and it's back to normal Arteta football due to his own incompetence in the market. They need to stop thinking they are above everyone and get some players in who can do a job. People on Twitter are scouting left backs from Derby that can do a better job than AMN or Cedric there because they are actual left backs.

How can we ignore the importance of someone being able to pass the ball down the line with their dominant foot. Or be able to actually deliver the ball with their dominant foot. No club would ever play two left footed players at right back and right wing. What the **** are we doing?

I don't even want to hear the, what else could he have done? How about replace the ****ing left back you let go if you knew he was going. Watch them scramble and do some stupid deal now. Omar Richards is going to Bayern on a free. Maybe if we actually identified him before we let Kola go we could have got a 22 London born player who is homegrown playing for Reading.

They are doing to destroy this club. I don't trust them to do anything worthwhile in the market and I do not trust Arteta to manage his players.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Pepe did not take his chances again and it remains a damning verdict on his progress in the team. Can he play in another position ? May LW ? He is a conundrum.

The issue is has Arteta learned today?
Pepe certainly is a right cun...undrum

As to what Arteta has learned?
Quite clearly he's learned we need a squad the size and quality of Manchester City's* to be able to play like one of Pep's teams.

*you can substitute Barca or Bayern here

EinmalImmerEwig

I have had enough of both Edu and Arteta. Two novices in one of the biggest jobs in world football. They talk to the fanbase in a patronising tone like we are idiots.

They justify every single thing that they do and never take responsibility for mistakes.

Willian will adapt instantly, so we have him a ludicrous contract even though we had the bargaining position because he wanted to stay in London. We could have offered him slightly more money and a 2 year deal and he would have taken it. The apparently he needs time. The Luiz deal was an absolute joke. Selling Martinez and then not replacing him, ridiculous. Letting Kola go so we got have one left back at the club is insanity. Cedric was sold to us because he can play left back? Tierney gets injured and AMN is expected to come in and perform at left back. When is the last time he played as a left back in a 4 ffs?

Edu and Arteta think then can just coast by and not buy players, take risks on injured players, keep playing the same players they invested in, give contracts to people they like, cast out people they don't. All the while they are sinking the ship because there are no fans in stadiums to boo them every single game.

Arteta stumbled across a system that works, take one player out and it's back to normal Arteta football due to his own incompetence in the market. They need to stop thinking they are above everyone and get some players in who can do a job. People on Twitter are scouting left backs from Derby that can do a better job than AMN or Cedric there because they are actual left backs.

How can we ignore the importance of someone being able to pass the ball down the line with their dominant foot. Or be able to actually deliver the ball with their dominant foot. No club would ever play two left footed players at right back and right wing. What the **** are we doing?

I don't even want to hear the, what else could he have done? How about replace the ****ing left back you let go if you knew he was going. Watch them scramble and do some stupid deal now. Omar Richards is going to Bayern on a free. Maybe if we actually identified him before we let Kola go we could have got a 22 London born player who is homegrown playing for Reading.

They are doing to destroy this club. I don't trust them to do anything worthwhile in the market and I do not trust Arteta to manage his players.
Fantastic post, and good shout re Omar Richards

Arteta and Edu are so far out of their depth that the kindest approach would be a mercy drowning. Best for all concerned.
All the rubber rings and arm-bands in the World aren't going to keep those two lead balloons afloat.

MikeVinna

Established Member
He’s not making Auba work that’s my biggest concern in attack at the moment.. To a lesser extent the same can be said for Pepe but I know I’ll be ridiculed here for saying there’s a quality player in him. Our play through the middle has improved a little with a CAM in the team (ESR) but but we’re still forcing him to the outside as well a lot of the time. Clearly this is instructed because often there’s more space on the wings. However, you’re also furthest from goal with the least opportunity to shoot and score.

TL;DR: I want us to create chances through the middle for our forwards..

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Most of you were impressed after a flukey Chelsea result, and a few wins against bottom of the league cannon fodder.

We’re doing no better than we were under Emery. 11th in the league after 18 games, playing football which is solely dependent on Kieran Tierney. Arteta is having a horrible season and people are letting him off the hook.

John oxford

he is the mastermind of worst football of arsenal that i have ever seen. i can’t see any plan to score goals. he probably tells the players just occupy the free spaces on the pitch and just hoping that may be opposition players make stupid mistakes like newcastle or wba.

Last edited:

EinmalImmerEwig

I’m definitely not Manberg. Don’t be upset because I want beautiful possession attacking football rather than sit back and pray for a penandes football. Luck has gifted Utd 20 points this season.
spectrum.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well you know what they say about empty barrels right.

Probably the worst poster on this forum along with manberg.

Because I'm backing the manager? Over what you want which is to go through the same bull **** cycle with another manager, and then another one... and another one. Until you realise that the best thing to do is to build this squad and get rid of the crap, no matter who the manager is nothing will change when you keep chopping and changing managers.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Because I'm backing the manager? Over what you want which is to go through the same bull **** cycle with another manager, and then another one... and another one. Until you realise that the best thing to do is to build this squad and get rid of the crap, no matter who the manager is nothing will change when you keep chopping and changing managers.
Surely it would be better to go through a rebuild cycle whilst achieving semi decent results no? I'm not saying challenge for titles at all, obviously we're nowhere near that but surely we can muster up better performances? I'm sure nobody enjoys watching whatever we where trying to do last night for 90% of the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Surely it would be better to go through a rebuild cycle whilst achieving semi decent results no? I'm not saying challenge for titles at all, obviously we're nowhere near that but surely we can muster up better performances? I'm sure nobody enjoys watching whatever we where trying to do last night for 90% of the season.

If you break last nights game down we were playing fast, one touch, good looking football at the start of the first half and then at the start of the second half. But for some reason unless we don't score fast all confidence gets drained as soon as someone like Xhaka or Bellerin makes a sloppy pass/passes backwards.

He's not the main or only reason but look at Aubameyang's body language, that is meant to be the captain of this football club. I get that he's frustrated with his form, but players will follow this body language just like they'd follow if he were playing well.

Last night we had a left back without a left foot, someone who has to constantly cut back and subsequently pass backwards and Bellerin, someone who is incredibly awkward on the ball, and unless he has oodles of space in front of him he will ALWAYS pass back. He isn't instructed to do that, he just does it because he's very average on the ball.

You then have Xhaka, who made some incredible tackles last night, last ditch tackles. But there lies your problem, almost all of the issues we faced came from Xhaka losing the ball with a wayward pass, Xhaka absolutely pelting it at one of our players, ultimately losing the ball, or Xhaka slipping. He shouldn't be making last ditch tackles to cover for many of what are his mistakes.

I think taking Dani off was the completely wrong decision from Arteta last night, one of the few players who constantly looks to pass between the lines.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think taking Dani off was the completely wrong decision from Arteta last night, one of the few players who constantly looks to pass between the lines.
I actually thought Mikel got the subs spot on tbh, they just weren’t good enough to deliver.

Eddie might have been a little bit pointless, if Laca and Auba aren’t doing anything then chances are Eddie won’t do much but hey, whatever.

We pretty much started our best 11 possible as well I think. We still struggle against low block, nothing new to see here.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I actually thought Mikel got the subs spot on tbh, they just weren’t good enough to deliver.

Eddie might have been a little bit pointless, if Laca and Auba aren’t doing anything then chances are Eddie won’t do much but hey, whatever.

We pretty much started our best 11 possible as well I think. We still struggle against low block, nothing new to see here.

Ceballos was excellent in the first half, generally he moves the ball quicker and looks to play through the lines. Don't think you're wrong about the starting 11, problem is so many of those players are incredibly inconsistent. And you can't just rely on Saka and ESR to bail you out constantly.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
You then have Xhaka, who made some incredible tackles last night, last ditch tackles. But there lies your problem, almost all of the issues we faced came from Xhaka losing the ball with a wayward pass, Xhaka absolutely pelting it at one of our players, ultimately losing the ball, or Xhaka slipping. He shouldn't be making last ditch tackles to cover for many of what are his mistakes.

A: A lot of those losses came from Xhaka trying to switch play or playing it forward through the middle in the opponents half. A middle that was crowded by palace. The other option he usually takes with working it down the wings wasn't available, because both AMN and Auba were poverty. Most of Xhaka's passes last night were progressive. And in the end what we needed last night were more risky passes, not less. And I don't really get why people are on about him about the slip. He slipped trying to intercept the ball, if he didn't hurry that pass would have made it to a Crystal palace player anyway.

B: Ceballos disappeared and was useless second half. Dunno what you were watching. First half he was decent.

nick gould

I also thought the first two subs were spot on. I know willian is not popular here, but I think something different on the left could have help. We are still clueless going forward. That line up did not inspire me at all. Auba on the left derails our game at the moment. He offers no creativity and in his current form he offers no goal threat either. He was quite involved yesterday though to be fair but if he is not scoring, don't expect much from him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If you break last nights game down we were playing fast, one touch, good looking football at the start of the first half and then at the start of the second half. But for some reason unless we don't score fast all confidence gets drained as soon as someone like Xhaka or Bellerin makes a sloppy pass/passes backwards.

He's not the main or only reason but look at Aubameyang's body language, that is meant to be the captain of this football club. I get that he's frustrated with his form, but players will follow this body language just like they'd follow if he were playing well.

Last night we had a left back without a left foot, someone who has to constantly cut back and subsequently pass backwards and Bellerin, someone who is incredibly awkward on the ball, and unless he has oodles of space in front of him he will ALWAYS pass back. He isn't instructed to do that, he just does it because he's very average on the ball.

Yep that's the key if we don't score early you know it will be a grind.

I agree on Ceballos but the problem was unless he wanted Partey to just sit in front of the defence he had to take Dani off because Xhaka had to cover for Saka defensively at left back which Ceballos wouldn't have been capable of.

Top Bottom