• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Kola is a clown. I’d rather see AMN at LB than him tbh.
Having two right footers down our left flank kinda cost us.
Moving Saka from the right hurts us going forward.

I'm not talking up Kola but AMN was never ever going to work at LB. LWB with Tierney behind him, now that's a different story.

Now we're going to have to trust this regime to get a LB cover, so we're pretty much going to sign another Kolasinac :lol::lol::lol:

It's like when we had Özil and got Willian for back up. Surprised people can't see this.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
When he attacks he reminds me of a throwback to the old school ‘jinky’ wingers. The skill level is pretty basic because the choice of when to use it and the determination and execution are all on point. It’s very effective.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People on here are crazy. Throw Cotterll in? After 13 minutes of Europa League football? We may as well just play the youth team as our first team at this rate.

What we need is a slightly better version of Kola bringing in as back up who isn't on £120k a week. It's not rocket science.

Our best starting 11 has two teenagers and a 20 year old in it. Most of the rest mid twenties. In fact our only starting eleven player over 30 is Auba. We've got a young starting eleven.

The obsession with playing kids on here is weird.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's not about having a player who is inadequate and plays behind Tierney. It's about buying a young player who could potentially compete and displace Tierney.
We can throw on all the Hale End darlings we like
Sign more young players and keep them in U23s or loan them to Nice

It's not going to solve our problems.
Likewise signing a young player to compete with Tierney is unlikely. Hard to find his quality and eventually you'll be forced to make a choice - that never works.

We need leaders and experience that don't come from Chelsea's bins essentially. Tired of us signing young players and ruining them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka as an emergency left back is the best case scenario when KT is out, but then that creates problems in itself, mainly Pepe or Willian on the right.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Saka as an emergency left back is the best case scenario when KT is out, but then that creates problems in itself, mainly Pepe or Willian on the right.
Pretty much.

Maybe try Martinelli on the right? He's always looked crap there much like Auba.

Keplaz

He could easily play there for us. We don't throw kids in like Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Sp**s to fill positions. Its infuriating.
If he's left footed and has the ability to learn, give him a chance.

We need someone naturally left footed in that role, and moving Saka back there would be a travesty. He doesn't have the appetite to defend anymore and I think it would be detrimental to make him play there.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka should be 3rd choice left back though.

We have far bigger issues in the team that have to be addressed than back up left back. I actually support the club for getting rid of Kolasonac if that feels up some funds for an attacking midfielder/forward, at the expense of left back cover.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pretty much.

Maybe try Martinelli on the right? He's always looked crap there much like Auba.

That's defo a possibility. I don't think he'd look that comfortable there tbh, but it can't be much worse than what Willian or Pepe have produced this season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Remember AM told me that Cedric was an excellent backup player who could cover RB and LB?

What a shocking signing that's turned out to be, pure negligence from Edu which filled me with no confidence that he knows what he's doing or that he can rebuild this team.

Keplaz

People on here are crazy. Throw Cotterll in? After 13 minutes of Europa League football? We may as well just play the youth team as our first team at this rate.

What we need is a slightly better version of Kola bringing in as back up who isn't on £120k a week. It's not rocket science.

Our best starting 11 has two teenagers and a 20 year old in it. Most of the rest mid twenties. In fact our only starting eleven player over 30 is Auba. We've got a young starting eleven.

The obsession with playing kids on here is weird.
I don't think it's an obsession with kids, more a lack of options. Sometimes their youth isn't a bad thing, but learning on the job always has a cost to pay.

But what other options do we have. We have to get a goalie and an attacking mid. And if we can sign another left back, I'm all for it but sometimes needs must.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Remember AM told me that Cedric was an excellent backup player who could cover RB and LB?
Its strange that he played what 120 minutes vs Newcastle and wasn't the first choice to come in last night, be that shifting him or Bellerin left. It wouldn't have been as baffling if Arteta started AMN against Newcastle.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The question no one can seem to answer is that why TF did Arteta play Tierney in 3rd round cup tie against newcastle ffs.

Waiting for hairspray and manberg2, manberg3 or Jacktheboy come and defend that decision.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The question no one can seem to answer is that why TF did Arteta play Tierney in 3 round cup tie against newcastle ffs.

Waiting for hairspray and manberg2, manberg3 or Jacktheboy come and defend that decision.
Yes i don't get why didn't use AMN in cup and Tierney in league but AMN showed us why we didn't use him as LB yesterday

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
The question no one can seem to answer is that why TF did Arteta play Tierney in 3 round cup tie against newcastle ffs.

It’s simple. FA cup is far more important. It’s a trophy and one we have a chance of winning. We’re not winning the premier league and it’s unlikely we’ll make top 4 so it’s less important.
Newcastle played their strongest team, shows the importance of the fa cup. We’ll have another tough game against Southampton where we need our first team too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom