• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Your analogy has no leg to stand on. Your first 2 sentences finished you off. If we were Liverpool or City or United based on the current PL table that would be palatable. Arsenal tell a player he is not part of their plans ? Where is Arsenal sitting on the table now? Who made that decision he is not part of the plan? We are currently hanging on the thin thread of a teenager ESR to play the role of a player who we advised was never part of our plans. Yesterday the Manager and players claimed we drew because the missed the creativity of a LB ? How lower can we go? Funny enough the player who they banked on to replace him is Willian. Tell me how that has gone. I do not need to address the rest of your statements.

Making absolutely ridiculous statements based on assumptions and not facts. If we were high flying and replaced Mesut in the team , then any discussions about him not part of the plans would have been justified.

That he would make any kind of difference is an assumption aswell and im pretty sure you understand that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He'll go down as my most disliked Arsenal player ever I think, which I could never have imagined saying 4 years ago when I was one of his biggest fans.

You look at the players that have screwed us in recent years. Cesc, RVP, Sanchez etc They screwed us because of career ambition, which I have to respect on some level.

Özil has screwed us due to a lack of ambition. That for me is unforgivable.

gamechannel

He'll go down as my most disliked Arsenal player ever I think, which I could never have imagined saying 4 years ago when I was one of his biggest fans.

You look at the players that have screwed us in recent years. Cesc, RVP, Sanchez etc They screwed us because of career ambition, which I have to respect on some level.

Özil has screwed us due to a lack of ambition. That for me is unforgivable.

Actually no. If he had played and shat the bed evetytime while being on 350k, then yes, he would have been high on the list of most hated. But the fact that we have shunned him to the side while struggled to create the last few years without him has actually endeared him to a good majority of the fans. Add to it the shambles that was Pepe, Emery, Raul, Guendiuzi, Saliba, mascot, redundancies, sacking of the scouts Willian situations, that has given fans more reason to side with Özil than the board. The board thought they could paint Özil as a malcontent, instead, he's now a martyr. In addition, his constant insistence that he loves this club and the fans and wants to fight for his place, makes him attractive to those fans that value loyalty. Lastly, looking at our creative player stars and the fact that he still tops that list for the past two years while being played sporadically makes him look even more of a casualty than a liability.

Arsenal bungled this. Özil came out like roses.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Actually no. If he had played and shat the bed evetytime while being on 350k, then yes, he would have been high on the lost of most hated. But the fact that we have shunned him to the side while struggled to create the last few years without him as actually endeared him to a good majority of the fans. Add to it the shambles that was Pepe, Emery, Raul, Guendiuzi, Saliba, mascot, redundancies, sacking of the scouts Willian situations, that has given fans more reason to side with Özil than the board. The board thought they could paint Özil as a malcontent, instead, he's now a martyr.

A guy getting paid £350k a week to do nothing, ostensibly because he couldn't be bothered to work hard at his profession is a martyr only to the foolish or incredibly gullible.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Your analogy has no leg to stand on. Your first 2 sentences finished you off. If we were Liverpool or City or United based on the current PL table that would be palatable. Arsenal tell a player he is not part of their plans ? Where is Arsenal sitting on the table now? Who made that decision he is not part of the plan? We are currently hanging on the thin thread of a teenager ESR to play the role of a player who we advised was never part of our plans. Yesterday the Manager and players claimed we drew because the missed the creativity of a LB ? How lower can we go? Funny enough the player who they banked on to replace him is Willian. Tell me how that has gone. I do not need to address the rest of your statements.

Making absolutely ridiculous statements based on assumptions and not facts. If we were high flying and replaced Mesut in the team , then any discussions about him not part of the plans would have been justified.
If a team is doing poorly, they don't have the right to tell a player that he is not part of the plans? Every person who follows Arsenal knew that Özil wasn't getting a chance against after not playing for half a season. Even a teenage Guendouzi understood it and made a move. Özil has to be so dumb or wilfully ignorant to think if he was going to get a chance.

We are in a poor state now. And you think Özil would have made us better? You are the one making assumptions here. You can count the number of good matches he had after signing the contract, in a single hand. Not sure what difference he would have made.

gamechannel

A guy getting paid £350k a week to do nothing, ostensibly because he couldn't be bothered to work hard at his profession is a martyr only to the foolish or incredibly gullible.

Well you say he is not working hard, Arteta says he's not working hard. Edu says he's not working hard. What is your proof that he's not working hard besides going by the words of those who just want to get rid of him by trying every trick in the book to paint him as a malcontent? Sure, Artetas words would carry weight if the same treatment was meted out to other players who are just collecting paychecks. But its not. Also, Arteta and Edu (and the likes of you) have no ground to stand on when the team is linguishing in the bottom half of the table while paying 350k to a player that could still be of some use to us.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Well you say he is not working hard, Arteta says he's not working hard. Edu says he's not working hard. What is your proof that he's not working hard besides going by the words of those who just want to get rid of him by trying every trick in the book to paint him as a malcontent? Sure, Artetas words would carry weight if the same treatment was meted out to other players who are just collecting paychecks. But its not. Also, Arteta and Edu (and the likes of you) have no ground to stand on when the team is linguishing in the bottom half of the table while paying 350k to a player that could still be of some use to us.
Emery said the same after leaving the club. Mourinho just threw a jibe at him. There must be a conspiracy by Vinai and the Kroenkes to make all managers speak bad of Özil.

Iceman10

Established Member
Unless you are a complete idiot you know that this very rich man doesnt need the money.

Why don’t many billionaires retire quietly to private islands then instead of wanting to make more money? It’s a contract. As much on the club as it is with the player. The “hate” doesn’t just reside with the player on this, but also with the club executives.

Moleque

Why don’t many billionaires retire quietly to private islands then instead of wanting to make more money? It’s a contract. As much on the club as it is with the player. The “hate” doesn’t just reside with the player on this, but also with the club executives.
many wealthy people do...
As for Özil: he is showing that $>playing football
It will be interesting if he still holds this view in years to come, after his playing career is long over.

Finesse

They choose to pick on the player and exonerate the group of individuals who run these affairs. These same guys who thought Runnarson was a number 2 and now he is shopped out for a loan. Absolute clowns !

Finesse

If a team is doing poorly, they don't have the right to tell a player that he is not part of the plans? Every person who follows Arsenal knew that Özil wasn't getting a chance against after not playing for half a season. Even a teenage Guendouzi understood it and made a move. Özil has to be so dumb or wilfully ignorant to think if he was going to get a chance.

We are in a poor state now. And you think Özil would have made us better? You are the one making assumptions here. You can count the number of good matches he had after signing the contract, in a single hand. Not sure what difference he would have made.

Yes a fit Özil would be helping Arsenal now. Thank you ! I will not bother with the rest.

Moleque

An idiot is the one who thinks a very rich man does not need money.
Tell me - if I offer $10 to a homeless man on the street & $10 to a Wall Street exec - who do you think values it more?
A dollar is not a dollar to all people. It simply represents spending power. Someone who already has a great deal of spending power has much less need of adding to it.
Basic economics.
Just shows Özil places very little value on his playing career.

Finesse

Tell me - if I offer $10 to a homeless man on the street & $10 to a Wall Street exec - who do you think values it more?
A dollar is not a dollar to all people. It simply represents spending power. Someone who already has a great deal of spending power has much less need of adding to it.
Basic economics.
Just shows Özil places very little value on his playing career.

This makes you sound less intelligent than you think you are.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Keep buying the trash the board sold you. He didn't agree the dodgy ways and paycut from the club so they cut him out.

There is definitely corruption involving this board.

yorch44

They choose to pick on the player and exonerate the group of individuals who run these affairs. These same guys who thought Runnarson was a number 2 and now he is shopped out for a loan. Absolute clowns !
Definitely corruption involved. Those clowns are robbing the club with dealings like Willian, Cédric, Runnarson. David Luiz kinda worked but is suspicious as well.

Edit. I forgot the major robbery called Pepe. 80M in a meeeeeeh players from French league instead of going for Zaha. Pepe definitely didn't worth that value. We overpaid so much.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The reason why Özil won't agree to the terms is because he feels he's being forced out. He played every game before the lockdown so he probably thinks he can still contribute. Think we can all agree the "football reasons" were nonsense so something else has gone on behind the scenes and now Özil is digging his heels in as a result.

After the way the club handled the Guendouzi and Saliba situations you wouldn't really give them the benefit of the doubt in this case.

yorch44

The reason why Özil won't agree to the terms is because he feels he's being forced out. He played every game before the lockdown so he probably thinks he can still contribute. Think we can all agree the "football reasons" were nonsense so something else has gone on behind the scenes and now Özil is digging his heels in as a result.

After the way the club handled the Guendouzi and Saliba situations you wouldn't really give them the benefit of the doubt in this case.
Exactly!! And the Willian situation where clearly he got a better treat than other players.

Reactions: A_G

gamechannel

Exactly!! And the Willian situation where clearly he got a better treat than other players.

Yep but the anti-Özil mafia will tell you that Özil is demotivated. I dont see it that way.

When you've won all there is to win pretty much and you're earning good money and being dicked around by a bunch of incompetent ****s, you can afford to stand up for your principles and stick it to the idiots running this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom