• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Wish him all the best.

Only seems like yesterday he was getting an assist on his debut up at Sunderland. I loved that away kit :drool:.

It ended on a sour note and sometimes I think that we never really saw the best of him at Arsenal but he has given us some tremendous memories along the way.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He will probably retire, look at all the medals he won and money he made, and think... "Meh, happy enough with that!"
Yeah I guess it's more than enough to call it a day.

Shame he is more likely to be remembered for his off the pitch nonsense more than what he could do on it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Arsenal has reached an understanding in principle with the Özil legal team to pay financial dues equivalent to the salary the player will receive in Fenerbahce, while waiving the remainder. The liner of Mesut Özil says he is eager to play football at the earliest opportunity and therefore has not insisted on receiving all his rights under the contract.
From the AFCBell.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yeah I guess as an iconic Turk and Erdogan ****. Life is set. Wonder how some of his worshippers here behaved, the Fener crowd would kill fr him.
Exactly got it made for him now, fener will tonnes of shirts. The kurd fener fans might feel different i dont know.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A global superstar who by all accounts was wrote off at home and abroad. The only reason Arsenal come out silly is by handing him the contract they did when his best days were well and truly behind him. I'm not sure that's a bad thing in a players eyes.

Ozils days as a superstar are long behind him. He has his brand but the only offers he is getting is from Turkey and the likes. I think that shows where the footballing world places his ability and mentality at just now.

Hes still one of the most well known players on the planet, he is absolutely massive especially in the Muslim world, just look at how many social media followers he has. The club are the ones that offered him that contract, and now they are the ones that are trying to break that agreement by forcing him out, its just a really bad look for them in my opinion.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Honestly don’t think this bothers anyone. Mainly pro Özil BS in my view. Professional players will go where there is high wages and we have more room for that now.

Professional players aren’t idiots. They can see that Özil has plenty of blame in this situation. Actually think it is overall positive that the club played more hardball and made his stay here more unpleasant at the end. Should have started much earlier. If a player doesn’t perform they need to be made to improve or leave.

Suppose that's one way of looking at it, I hope you're right.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Good riddance.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, pal. Don't want you sustaining another 'Back spasm'

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly don’t think this bothers anyone. Mainly pro Özil BS in my view. Professional players will go where there is high wages and we have more room for that now.

Professional players aren’t idiots. They can see that Özil has plenty of blame in this situation. Actually think it is overall positive that the club played more hardball and made his stay here more unpleasant at the end. Should have started much earlier. If a player doesn’t perform they need to be made to improve or leave.

Last paragraph I’d disagree on. To fans it seems good the club is having none of his sh*t but players usually act as a monolith on this kind of stuff.

It’s very us and them when it comes to players and management. The whole fiasco of wage cuts then leaking his name to the press is a poor look for the club because any prospective player could easily think “that could be me.”

We’ll have no problem recruiting still but players don’t think like fans. Pretty sure most players at the club and around would agree with him.

Seen Micah Richards and a few others come out in support of him already.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I highly doubt players would sympathise with the board over a player.

It's already been reported that agents are weary of taking young talents to Arsenal because of the way the club treated Saliba and Pepe, so this might very well have an effect.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I highly doubt players would sympathise with the board over a player.

It's already been reported that agents are weary of taking young talents to Arsenal because of the way the club treated Saliba and Pepe, so this might very well have an effect.

Yeah don’t think people realise what a close knitted group being an elite footballer is. You come up playing with and against your peers regularly at youth level and end up becoming mates.

Then as pros most of these guys go to the same clubs, bars, restaurants and holiday destinations. They share agents and various other staff.

Beyond naive to think any footballer will be siding with management in almost any disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom