• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Norberto Murara Neto

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Okay, so Barcelona bought him in the summer of 2019 for 26 million euros. Probably not very small wages. He is 31 years old. And wants to compete with Leno.

Makes so much sense, get in!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What's the point of a keeper to compete with Leno? We had one of them and sold him when he showed he was better than Leno!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Keepers like emi Neto won't settle for bench they still in good age for gk and should start games

Neto 100% will settle for the bench, made multiple bench moves in his career.

Fiorentina > Juve
Valencia > Barca

Unless he's had a complete change of mindset like Martinez he will be fine riding the bench.

Definitely think he only wants to come here for a payday though and Kia will get him that hence why I dont want.

I never seen him play but it doesnt take football analysts to know that even if he would play sitting on a chair for a whole game he would still be better than Leno.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is Leno considered undroppable?

He is good, but our management seems to revere him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Why is Leno considered undroppable?

He is good, but our management seems to revere him.

He is droppable but its just one of those positions that seem to be a consistent choice in a player which is stuck with and rarely changed.

I dont know if having two players fight it out for #1 GK is a good idea or not as in the history of football its never really been done that way, it tends to be #1 who will always play and the backup is just that, even the cup game appearances for the #2's is a somewhat recent trend that started when Casillas was in his last days in Madrid, but normality is you have a #1 who plays a high percentage of games in a season unless forced out.

I do not know the answer or ever really given it much thought; do you want two GK's of equal ability fighting over one spot, do you want to put GK's in the pressure cooker or is it better to have a relaxed GK? Is it also a waste of resources having two GK's for one position when injuries etc seem to be low and appearances high?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is droppable but its just one of those positions that seem to be a consistent choice in a player which is stuck with and rarely changed.

I dont know if having two players fight it out for #1 GK is a good idea or not as in the history of football its never really been done that way, it tends to be #1 who will always play and the backup is just that, even the cup game appearances for the #2's is a somewhat recent trend that started when Casillas was in his last days in Madrid, but normality is you have a #1 who plays a high percentage of games in a season unless forced out.

I do not know the answer or ever really given it much thought; do you want two GK's of equal ability fighting over one spot, do you want to put GK's in the pressure cooker or is it better to have a relaxed GK? Is it also a waste of resources having two GK's for one position when injuries etc seem to be low and appearances high?
the issue is that we have let Emi go because Leno is considered indispensable to the team.

He is fantastic but isn't a lot better than Emi, and they told Emi to move on without a second thought

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
the issue is that we have let Emi go because Leno is considered indispensable to the team.

He is fantastic but isn't a lot better than Emi, and they told Emi to move on without a second thought

Do you really need both though when one was sellable? Does any club need two top GK's, it only ever seems a thought if one gets injured, no one seems bothered otherwise.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why did we sell a second choice goalkeeper who is too good to be second choice, only to spend the same amount on a new goalkeeper who is too good to be second choice too?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do you really need both though when one was sellable? Does any club need two top GK's, it only ever seems a thought if one gets injured, no one seems bothered otherwise.
i think this is how the GK career pans out. They float around clubs and sit as an understudy until they finally get a chance in the first team.

The real job is to identify which of the two is the better one. Emi was a lot more assured than Leno, and he was HG. We should have convinced him to play a season more, and tried to sell Leno.

I'm not that fussed either way, but I would like us to prioritize our own players.

gamechannel

So we sold a starting quality keeper in Emi for 20 mill, spent 1 mill on the Icelandic kid at 40k/wk only to send him on loan and now buying a 31 yr old career backup for 18-19 mill when we could have kept Emi and let him battle it out with Leno.

This management has no clue what the **** they're doing.

KenyanGoon

Fergie did it for a while with Tim Howard and Roy Carroll. You would be in the team until you had a stinker then the other guy would get a run until they had a stinker... It was a crazy situation. Only when they got Van der Sar did they finally have a settled backline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom