• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He has looked a lot more skillful playing on the right. I can't remember him doing stepovers and the rest when he was on the left.
Yeah he was simple but effective on the left. Noticed since the West Brom game that he’s more audacious on the right wing which is lovely to see, also helps big time that he goes on his right foot at times.

bergholt

This kid is an Anelka/Cesc level talent at that age he really is. I still worry that we are overplaying him but we really have no choice at the minute.

From the BBC:
  • Only Nicolas Anelka (30), Cesc Fabregas (28) and Theo Walcott (12) have been involved in more Premier League goals for Arsenal as a teenager than Bukayo Saka (11 - five goals, six assists).

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Another game where he wasn't at his best but still so vital. He needs a three game break to recharge but I just love to see him play. Time for Nelson to help himself and his friend

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
From the BBC:
  • Only Nicolas Anelka (30), Cesc Fabregas (28) and Theo Walcott (12) have been involved in more Premier League goals for Arsenal as a teenager than Bukayo Saka (11 - five goals, six assists).
Nice! Watching him I definitely thought he belonged in that company, good to see the stats back it up.

Ciscoo

From the BBC:

Insane stats for Anelka. Had to remind myself he was only here two seasons, and had to displace Wrighty during his first.

Symbia

I think Sancho is a bit more technically gifted on the ball. But in terms of end product, both of their ceilings are at similar levels.
Sancho is better dribbler and slightly faster.
Saka has better decision making and overall team contribution.

It's really hard to conclude on their end product as defending is more organised in EPL.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Insane stats for Anelka. Had to remind myself he was only here two seasons, and had to displace Wrighty during his first.
I recall Adams saying at the time that we don't win the title without Anelka. There's quite a drop off to Walcott which is indicative of our wider more recent struggles.

baccy_man

Established Member
It's hard to tell which side is his best side because he plays equally well on both sides, I think he is probably a bit better on the left but we have got Tierney, making his runs down that side so we are covered on the left,
As some of the other posters have said he is being played a lot and we don't want to see him getting burn out from being over played at a young age i think that happened with Wilshere he got played a lot as a youngster and ended up being injured a lot.

Jason Jace

It's hard to tell which side is his best side because he plays equally well on both sides, I think he is probably a bit better on the left but we have got Tierney, making his runs down that side so we are covered on the left,
As some of the other posters have said he is being played a lot and we don't want to see him getting burn out from being over played at a young age i think that happened with Wilshere he got played a lot as a youngster and ended up being injured a lot.

What's this **** with fans thinking Willshere was injured because he played a lot, like seriously, how many matches did wisher really play

He played just a season or so

If really want to talk about players being overplayed then you give examples like Rooney, Messi, Owen, Ronaldo, these players played a lot when young and did quite alright except for Owen

But me it depend on how strong a particular players is and I think with or without playing Willshere, he would have still be injured

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I recall Adams saying at the time that we don't win the title without Anelka. There's quite a drop off to Walcott which is indicative of our wider more recent struggles.

I wouldn't say it's indicative of our struggles, it just shows how hard and rare it is for teenagers to produce numbers at the top level. For me special praise has to go to Cesc. Some players get good very early but don't maintain it. Cesc was basically an elite central midfielder from the age of 17 and kept it up consistently, even now his legs are gone he can still make killer passes. For me Cesc is a prototype of a perfect midfielder, up there with Pirlo, Seedorf, Vieria etc.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Anyway Saka's versatility is definitely the good kind of versatility, not the bad kind like AMN's. But still does it make squad planning difficult? You know he'll be in the team, just not where in the team. How do you plan long term?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
How does Saka compare to Greenwood?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How does Saka compare to Greenwood?
Tough one.

Saka more of an enabler/creator which Arsenal fans value more than anything.
Greenwood a finisher. Legit both footed and faster too. Not that Saka is a slouch in either of those two departments though.

Depends on what team you support really. Saka edges it for me cause he can play all over the park.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Tough one.

Greenwood a finisher. Legit both footed and faster too. Not that Saka is a slouch in either of those two departments though.

Depends on what team you support really. Saka edges it for me cause he can play all over the park.

Maybe Saka is a bit of a Thomas Muller, as in it's hard to pinpoint what makes him good, but it's clear that he's very good.

REWB

Tough one.

I swear Greenwood is slower? He doesnt seem fast to me

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I swear Greenwood is slower? He doesnt seem fast to me
Nah he's plenty quick tbh, you're not catching him. Saka isn't even the fastest in this team tbh.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...n-utd-player-in-premier-league-season-so-far#

IT’S GOLD FOR GREENWOOD

Gifted Academy product Mason Greenwood recently threw his name into the hat to become United’s fastest player this season by producing a blistering top speed of 37.60 km/h. That is higher than any other Red this campaign.

You guys really got to stop calling everyone slow :lol: @Riou is pretty bad for that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom