• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Should have been sold last summer. He seems to be disinterested. Probably still wants to play CM. If we can't give him that, we should just have an open conversation and let him go.
I said after his first few games this season he looks disinterested. I think he expects to be picked regardless of form. Think there is a player in hims but his attitude leaves a lot ri be desired. I see leaving in the summer

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I said after his first few games this season he looks disinterested. I think he expects to be picked regardless of form. Think there is a player in hims but his attitude leaves a lot ri be desired. I see leaving in the summer

Yeah I see what you're saying there.

But at the same time he was convinced to stay iirc and he's been given really odd games and chances.

In a way I can't blame him for looking a bit iffy when he comes in cold against a league team in a weird position of LB (not even LWB).

Then he's left out the squad completely? Sh!t like that would royally p!ss me off as a player.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Harsh for him to start his first league game for weeks and drop him completely given that a number of players have been poor this season and remained in the squad.

Granted he didn't perform but I think he more than proved to end the season that if he gets a run of games, big games at that, he can deliver. It got him into the England squad after all.

Really like Ainsley but if this was how it was going to be for him this season we really should have cashed in on him at the time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really mistakes keeping him i know could be different if bellerin is injured and AMN took his chance again but from the minutes he played he looked average i think he'll stay but in summer he is gone he deserve to play regularly

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People are acting like we were offered enough to sell him.

Wolves offered £15M ffs, all of you would've lambasted the club for selling him at £15M.

With his age, nationality and versatility he is a £25M player. No doubt about it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Wolves offered £15M ffs, all of you would've lambasted the club for selling him at £15M.

With his age, nationality and versatility he is a £25M player. No doubt about it.
The offer wasn't good enough but i doubt we'll get more than 20m this summer

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
At this point he strikes me as the type of player we'll go for in the summer if he still isn't prominently featured for you lot. Think he'd be a great fit in our midfield alongside Rice and Soucek, or even as winger in our system.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well if we didn't plan on using him why convince him to stay? Wolves then went and spent £35m on Semedo, you think we couldn't have negotiated a higher fee?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well if we didn't plan on using him why convince him to stay? Wolves then went and spent £35m on Semedo, you think we couldn't have negotiated a higher fee?

Wolves spent £27M on Semedo who is a top right back. We probably asked for 25M for Ainsley and in that case Semedo represents the better deal.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wolves spent £27M on Semedo who is a top right back. We probably asked for 25M for Ainsley and in that case Semedo represents the better deal.
Semedo can't defend something we know, as a wingback in a 3-4-3, AMN can do very well so I'm sure they'd have gone back on that transfer but hindsight is a great thing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You guys would have lost it if we actually sold him for 15 mil only to be an England and Wolves regular let’s face it.

I feel for him though, but you don’t get too many chances in Arteta’s squad unless you’re Xhaka or Willian.

AMN isn’t the only decent player who can’t get in - just how it is.

Melquiades

You guys would have lost it if we actually sold him for 15 mil only to be an England and Wolves regular let’s face it.

I feel for him though, but you don’t get too many chances in Arteta’s squad unless you’re Xhaka or Willian.

AMN isn’t the only decent player who can’t get in - just how it is.

AMN has played more minutes in all competitions this year than Willian. I've said this a few times, but I really don't get the 'Arteta loves Willian' stuff. He was basically dropped from the first team about 12 PL games after being their big offseason signing, and has barely played in the last month.

I've been a pretty big AMN supporter but he's had 21 games this year to show something and he's shown zero intensity or consistency. And as much as I want him to succeed, I can't blame Arteta for dropping him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Coming on two years left on his deal, if he doesn't figure in the plans and start getting games, we absolutely need to move him on in the summer. He's a quality player and I'm puzzled by his exile.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

AMN has played more minutes in all competitions this year than Willian. I've said this a few times, but I really don't get the 'Arteta loves Willian' stuff. He was basically dropped from the first team about 12 PL games after being their big offseason signing, and has barely played in the last month.

I've been a pretty big AMN supporter but he's had 21 games this year to show something and he's shown zero intensity or consistency. And as much as I want him to succeed, I can't blame Arteta for dropping him.
Are you high? He’s had like 400 minutes in the league with Willian having almost double - AMN mostly off bench too.

Including Europa is a stretch as well considering he out performed Willian in those matches where they both made appearances.

I didn’t even really blame Arteta just said AMN won’t get many chances and unfortunately for him, he had to perform at LB or get dropped.

Melquiades

Are you high? He’s had like 400 minutes in the league with Willian having almost double - AMN mostly off bench too.

Including Europa is a stretch as well considering he out performed Willian in those matches where they both made appearances.

I didn’t even really blame Arteta just said AMN won’t get many chances and unfortunately for him, he had to perform at LB or get dropped.

AMN has had 21 games and over 1100 minutes of action this year. It isn't like he's Reiss Nelson or Calum Chambers and barely getting a look in. 13 starts. They might not all have been PL games but he's been given a lot of opportunities to show his worth and played a lot of football.

And he just hasn't been very good. And his effort level and body language have been ... pretty crap. And I really want him to succeed because you can see the class and talent there at times, but it's getting harder and harder to support him. Dude just looks lazy out there. 13 starts this year and I can't think of any games where I thought he was one of the team's top 3 or 4 players on the pitch or made a real positive impact. And several where it was the opposite. At some point you simply have to earn your minutes by playing well. Like Soares just did against Newcastle. Or Pablo Mari when he got his chance. Or ESR.

Willian was obviously a terrible signing. But every team in every sport in the history of ever is going to give their major offseason signing 10-15 games on the trot at the start of that contract to work his way into form. If anything, it's actually shocking he's been dropped from the first team as quickly as he has been. And there's a lot to criticize Arteta for - including his role in signing Willian in the first place - but continuing to shovel PL starts his direction is not one of them.

Xhaka ... yeah, in that case Arteta has a problem and needs to have his toy taken away from him.

DasBootist

You're right. His application in training (and a lot of times in games) must not be good enough, and he doesn't seem to have a future here, but that was a lowball offer from Wolves. **** them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Willian is the goto person. But but Willian got minutes. Amn hasn't performed very well. So let's just focus on him. Has he been good enough? No. He needs to take the opportunity he gets to force himself into the team. Against Newcastle he was awful. Tierney came back. Cedric came in and done very well. I've no doubt it AMN performed against Newcastle he would have started at right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom