• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Ødegaard is a no-go i'd say at least get Eriksen for 6 months. It's not something any of us particularly want but purely for practical reasons it's a sensible thing to do, he plays in a position we're short in, he has PL experience etc.

ESR can't play every important match from now till the summer, that's just not gonna happen. We're fools if we think he can carry us to European football next season, it's not fair on him to expect that.
If we where to get an Eriksen for example I can't help but feel he'd relegate Smith-Rowe to a backup once again given the wages he'd be on. I'd rather use from now to the end of the season to hopefully prove ESR is the way to go for the future.

If we could get someone cheap who's willing to backup Smith-Rowe for 6 months I'd be happy enough with that but don't know if such a player would be available this month.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I still hope we get Depay this winter. I'd prefer him as our first option as a striker, but he would also be able to replace ESR if necessary.

I understand people are happy with ESR (I am too), but I still think it would be foolish to not strengthen the front 4 with a player who could play in ESR's position. We're too reliant on him. Also bit light on cover if we don't use Willian (we shouldn't) and Nelson.

I think we crumble again offensively if ESR is taken out. Get Depay or Oliseh or Ødegaard on loan if possible.
Rumours about Real coming in for Depay have started going around. No idea at all about the sources though.

I feel Depay will probably go to one of the absolute top clubs and our window chance was summer. I just wish we'd try for him...

Iceman10

Established Member

If we don’t sign a midfielder (either for pivot or attacking) I don’t think it will be for lack of ability to spend around 30m, just that the right player couldn’t be dislodged from their current club this window.

In some ways although we took the government Covid loan I feel we are a club with much more solid fundamentals than most other clubs and there may be opportunities to leverage that over the next two windows.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
H
Rumours about Real coming in for Depay have started going around. No idea at all about the sources though.

I feel Depay will probably go to one of the absolute top clubs and our window chance was summer. I just wish we'd try for him...

He is the new Hulk. Football Mercenary

say yes

forum master baiter
We need a backup GK, a creative mid, and a backup LB.

Still don’t understand why we let Kola go. He’s not great but we’re ****ed if Tierney gets injured again. Are Schalke at least paying all of his wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom