• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who should get the number 10?

Who should be getting the 10?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
ESR or an Aouar type if we get that in the summer. ESR should request it in his contract negotiations.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That just sounds like a fantasy tbh, it's just a shirt number doesn't really mean anything. I think it's just another things fans like to get up in arms about.

Not even when Henry had the number 14?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Does that number not have a special place in your heart. after everything he did while wearing it?

No, I just love Thierry Henry. The number doesn't really mean anything to me tbh, but I get it means a lot to other people even the footballer.

It just seem arbitrary to me, something that means as much as you make it mean to you. Does that make sense?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No, I just love Thierry Henry. The number doesn't really mean anything to me tbh, but I get it means a lot to other people even the footballer.

It just seem arbitrary to me, something that means as much as you make it mean to you. Does that make sense?

Yeah that’s a good point. Arsenal fans only care about the number 14 because Henry wore it.

If he was wearing 99 they’d care about that one instead.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can players already registered actually get the shirt during the Jan window?

You all know it's going to Willian, don't know why we keep pretending it isn't.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That just sounds like a fantasy tbh, it's just a shirt number doesn't really mean anything. I think it's just another things fans like to get up in arms about.
Not sure about that. A lot of players at Utd have spoken about the number 7 shirt and how they hope to emulate Cantona who is the standard bearer. RvP, Wilshere and Özil all wanted the number 10 because of what it represents here thanks to Bergkamp. Legacy and history means more to some players than we think.

Oh_Snap

if you think of it, somehow that number 10 never did özil very well. he kinda was best at real with the 23 iirc, best at germany with the 8 and best with us with the 11.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Partey should get his fav 5

Yeah, it was mainly a quip that giving it to any other player right now would have some controversy attached to it due to those not getting it feeling they deserved it more and/or fans thinking it was not deserved for that player based on history of that number for us. Partey should get a number more suited to him maybe this summer, and the #10 should be kept open until this summer also (open for ESR if he continues to prove himself).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Who’s the second best 10 in our history? After Özil.
pvBgpRj37fKVAhpBcnEDbH.jpg

You answered your own question I think, Özil is a comfortably 2nd place.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Not sure about that. A lot of players at Utd have spoken about the number 7 shirt and how they hope to emulate Cantona who is the standard bearer. RvP, Wilshere and Özil all wanted the number 10 because of what it represents here thanks to Bergkamp. Legacy and history means more to some players than we think.

I don't know how iconic your no. 10 but our no 7 is very iconic and it wasn't just based on one player but based on 5 players, Best, Bryan Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m hoping we’ve learned our lesson by giving it to Wilshere after one season.
This!

I think we even gave it to Saka too soon, fortunately he's grown into it this season but that usually isn't the case. Giving ESR the no10 is the kind of small-time thing we'd do. I'm kind of tempted to bet on it.

Top Bottom