• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think it's mostly banter, but also because in the EPL, if you're not extremelly gifted technically like Cazorla was, or at least have other exceptional atributes in speed, for example, you'll strugle with the inherent phisicality of the league.

But i'm not entirely sure the EPL is more physical, I think it's just faster, that's the difference. I don't think EPL defenders are stronger or more aggressive than defenders in Spain or Brazil or wherever, the game is just played at a higher tempo, no?

Like you could be a perfect athlete and still struggle in the EPL if you can't think fast enough. And generally if I see a very small player playing at a high level it's sort of a given that they think fast and have great technique, otherwise they wouldn't have got to that level in the first place.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But i'm not entirely sure the EPL is more physical, I think it's just faster, that's the difference. I don't think EPL defenders are stronger or more aggressive than defenders in Spain or Brazil or wherever, the game is just played at a higher tempo, no?

Like you could be a perfect athlete and still struggle in the EPL if you can't think fast enough. And generally if I see a very small player playing at a high level it's sort of a given that they think fast and have great technique, otherwise they wouldn't have got to that level in the first place.
Players like cazorla, hazard, silva etc etc has killed the physical myth about the PL. Man City has also shown despite being the shortest team in the league. They dominate every game they play in the ball

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
What's up with the heightism on here, it's weird. The best thing about football is that it's open to everybody, it's very simple and it's endlessly complicated.

It's not that physicality does or doesn't matter, it's that everything can matter in different ways. Being smarter than other players can help, being taller or stronger can help, being faster or more agile can help. There's no single correct way to be a footballer.
I thought you had learned you lesson with Torreira...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So a 31 man squad was unmanageable but there’s reports of us wanting a GK, Arteta mentions a left footed full back and we’re in talks to sign an AM. Back up to 31 players..... :lol:

I’m almost certain there’s going to be loans and maybe a sale if Nketiah goes to West Ham.

Should be looking at a Championship LB. Someone HG preferably like Omar Richards or Lee Buchanan as they’ve got some potential and would be very cheap.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
So a 31 man squad was unmanageable but there’s reports of us wanting a GK, Arteta mentions a left footed full back and we’re in talks to sign an AM. Back up to 31 players..... :lol:
Just an argument to cut more dross: Runarsson, Chambers, Mustafi, Elneny, Willian. Loan out some others and we should be good. Add Xhaka, Ceballos, Luiz, AMN in summer and we're good.

Goonger

Ornstein said the club felt he wouldn't be able to make an instant impact.

It probably didn't help that you had to give notice to activate his release clause in the middle of December & we had a whole lot of outgoings to sort first. Plus he probably didn't bank on the impact ESR has made. If he was still available now it might have been a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom