• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

Why are you singling out last season when I presented data for the past 7 seasons. Every team you listed ahead of us apart from Chelsea are significantly higher in points if you multiply their current standing to reflect 38 games, as you just did for us. No point using 59 points as a benchmark, with our point total at 54 and some optimism that we capture 5 more somehow when the rest are trending at 64 minimum. Now instead of making it appear like 5 measly points as you just did, it's actually 10 that we're chasing with your logic. Now ask yourself this, does it make sense to get another CAM when we have Willian already in a bloated squad and bloated wage bucket when we're already at a 10 point disadvantage?

My answer is no, you accept this season and you make the correct long term decisions this summer. Making moves this window for the sake of challenging for a spot is exactly why the **** we're in this mess in the first place.

LMAO dude why do you keep on talking in absolutes? Can you predict that all the teams are going to get exactly the same points as the first half? Or that in this season its going to take more than 59 points? How do you know if the trend is going to go down or up? It might continue going down, it might go up! Do you not understand? We dont know! We have no clue the points total the other teams around us are going to have, some will stay the course, others can completely flop. We also might. or we also might not. Thats not the point. You're suggesting the season is hopeless based on your halfway mark PL predictor, have you got the results for all the matches aswell? **** me:lol:

"Now instead of making it appear like 5 measly points "
-It is 5 measly points, especially at the halfway mark :lol:

"it's actually 10 that we're chasing with your logic."
its not my logic...its yours! Currently we are not at a 10 point disadvantage :lol:

"My answer is no, you accept this season and you make the correct long term decisions this summer. "

We dont know happening in the summer, every transfer is a risk, we might sign worse players than Ødegaard for all I know. Every transfer is a calculated risk.

This is a clever risk, because its ONLY a 6 month loan probably costing us what 1 million? you and I dont know the clubs finances and how its currently being managed.

So tired of some people talking about Willian aswell. He was a FREE TRANSFER. Again, we spent around 75m+15m Pepe installment in the summer, we were probably skint. The club decided to show some AMBITION which is what we all want buy taking a punt on an established PL proven player at the highest level. At the moment he's flopping, but he's a FREE transfer and his total package is probably around 10mill for 3 years. Its a very small risk that we took and it looks like it failed, just like nearly every transfer has a chance to fail.
Go and look at how Chelsea's summer recruits are doing if you dont understand how any transfer has a chance to fail no matter how much you "plan" the summer.

We have a season that is attainable right now, and thats what we need to fight for. You'd have a point if we were taking out the bank loan to buy Ødegaard for 50million, but we arent...its a loan...worth probably 1m

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

LMAO dude why do you keep on talking in absolutes? Can you predict that all the teams are going to get exactly the same points as the first half? Or that in this season its going to take more than 59 points? How do you know if the trend is going to go down or up? It might continue going down, it might go up! Do you not understand? We dont know! We have no clue the points total the other teams around us are going to have, some will stay the course, others can completely flop. We also might. or we also might not. Thats not the point. You're suggesting the season is hopeless based on your halfway mark PL predictor, have you got the results for all the matches aswell? **** me:lol:

"Now instead of making it appear like 5 measly points "
-It is 5 measly points, especially at the halfway mark :lol:

"it's actually 10 that we're chasing with your logic."
its not my logic...its yours! Currently we are not at a 10 point disadvantage :lol:

"My answer is no, you accept this season and you make the correct long term decisions this summer. "

We dont know happening in the summer, every transfer is a risk, we might sign worse players than Ødegaard for all I know. Every transfer is a calculated risk.

This is a clever risk, because its ONLY a 6 month loan probably costing us what 1 million? you and I dont know the clubs finances and how its currently being managed.

So tired of some people talking about Willian aswell. He was a FREE TRANSFER. Again, we spent around 75m+15m Pepe installment in the summer, we were probably skint. The club decided to show some AMBITION which is what we all want buy taking a punt on an established PL proven player at the highest level. At the moment he's flopping, but he's a FREE transfer and his total package is probably around 10mill for 3 years. Its a very small risk that we took and it looks like it failed, just like nearly every transfer has a chance to fail.
Go and look at how Chelsea's summer recruits are doing if you dont understand how any transfer has a chance to fail no matter how much you "plan" the summer.

We have a season that is attainable right now, and thats what we need to fight for. You'd have a point if we were taking out the bank loan to by Ødegaard for 50million, but we arent...its a loan...worth probably 1m
I'm not talking in absolutes, I'm merely leveraging historical data and analysis which you decided to leverage in your last point which refuted your whole premise. You tried to paint a picture using my process without a brush, that's not how it works. 27 points after 19 games is not a hopeless season but it's not an ambitious season either. At some point, you decide to stop spinning in the treadmill and actually go for Top 4 which may mean a step back before two steps forward.

I'm not complaining about Willian's cost buddy, read my post. I am merely suggesting that we already have a backup CAM to ESR in Willian, which was the actual position he was supposedly promised over the summer. For every Chelsea recruits, you can also mention Liverpool, who never once strayed from their goal posts in signing their actual #1 targets even if it meant they had to wait a window or beyond. That's what we should be doing. Not a six month stop gap on an already bloated squad.

Ødegaard could be 1m, but his wages could be another 4-5. That's a total outlay on the books for this season as 5-6m where you could've bought a Szoboszlai for 25m and provided his wages at a similar 5-6m per season amortization. We should be targeting Ødegaard if a buy option is involved, that's all.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Agreed mate, need more respect for trusted members on this forum, they're trusted members for a reason after all.

Agree with the respect part, but not so sure about the trusted members part. :lol:

What does it even mean ?
By AM standards, trusted members are more likely to wreak havoc in threads and play tricks than anyone else.
Never trust a trusted member - that should be a saying :shivering:

REWB

I'm not talking in absolutes, I'm merely leveraging historical data and analysis which you decided to leverage in your last point which refuted your whole premise. You tried to paint a picture using my process without a brush, that's not how it works. 27 points after 19 games is not a hopeless season but it's not an ambitious season either. At some point, you decide to stop spinning in the treadmill and actually go for Top 4 which may mean a step back before two steps forward.

I'm not complaining about Willian's cost buddy, read my post. I am merely suggesting that we already have a backup CAM to ESR in Willian, which was the actual position he was supposedly promised over the summer. For every Chelsea recruits, you can also mention Liverpool, who never once strayed from their goal posts in signing their actual #1 targets even if it meant they had to wait a window or beyond. That's what we should be doing. Not a six month stop gap on an already bloated squad.

Ødegaard could be 1m, but his wages could be another 4-5. That's a total outlay on the books for this season as 5-6m where you could've bought a Szoboszlai for 25m and provided his wages at a similar 5-6m per season amortization. We should be targeting Ødegaard if a buy option is involved, that's all.

"At some point, you decide to stop spinning in the treadmill and actually go for Top 4 which may mean a step back before two steps forward."

Theres no point talking like this mate, you dont know the clubs financial plan in these hard times. what if a critical part of their future transfer strategy depends on at least having EL football? WHAT if our first choices wont come without EL football? You're assume not getting EL is meaningless, "just forget about it and finish mid table we have no hope" nonsense.

"Liverpool, who never once strayed from their goal posts in signing their actual #1 targets even if it meant they had to wait a window or beyond."

Okay so how are the recent #1 Liverpool targets Minamino and Keita doing? :lol: lmao they dont make mistakes right? We also went after and got our main targets like liverpool did, we make mistakes, like liverpool also do. Youre assuming we dont have a plan just because we're loaning one player...

"Ødegaard could be 1m, but his wages could be another 4-5. That's a total outlay on the books for this season as 5-6m"

Ahh yes 5-6m... and guess what... it could potentially take the club back a few years if we dont get EL football this season. Our planned targets might go elsewhere, you know to an EL club... and the EL campaign is what 9mill? we may have sponsership deals based on at least having EL football....ever thought of that?

Mate we dont know, all I know is that we need to aim for EL football atleast this season, to help build for next season. The loan might end up critically helping us. But no we should give up on chasing 5 pts clear Everton :lol:

Last edited:

REWB

Why would this go ahead. What's in it for Real?

More to do with the fact he wants more game time. Real have too much pride to step in the way of anyone who wants to leave them, certainly not for a bench youngster. They'll never do that unless maybe you're Ronaldo.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
More to do with the fact he wants more game time. Real have too much pride to step in the way of anyone who wants to leave them, certainly not for a bench youngster. They'll never do that unless maybe you're Ronaldo.
I get why they'd loan him out, but not why it'd be to us. It's very rare to see two players loaned out to the same club, and ceballos isn't exactly playing week in week out.

I think they'll view sociedad as the better option.

tcahill

ESR is good but no way can he play every game between now and end of season. He's also slightly injury prone, and may lose some form as a young player.

We play like my local u11s without a attacking mid, and Willian has shown he can't step in. Ødegaard was putting up Messi level creative numbers last season. If we play a couple of mill loan fee to keep our run of form going, rather than slipping back into relegation level which we were in less than a month ago, that's a great deal.

I agree that an option or even obligation to buy would be better, but Madrid won't be bent over like that. Maybe if Ødegaard likes it here and he's still not in Zidanes plans at the end of season, Perez isn't one to keep an unhappy player...

BobP

Memri Fan
ESR is good but no way can he play every game between now and end of season. He's also slightly injury prone, and may lose some form as a young player.

We play like my local u11s without a attacking mid, and Willian has shown he can't step in. Ødegaard was putting up Messi level creative numbers last season. If we play a couple of mill loan fee to keep our run of form going, rather than slipping back into relegation level which we were in less than a month ago, that's a great deal.

I agree that an option or even obligation to buy would be better, but Madrid won't be bent over like that. Maybe if Ødegaard likes it here and he's still not in Zidanes plans at the end of season, Perez isn't one to keep an unhappy player...

Damn, didn't know you were 10 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom