• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Watching Saliba today okay game but that nice team is so poor at least he'll be tested alot this season

Jakarta

Looking at how well Fofana is doing at Leicester despite being rated less than Saliba, has me thinking wtf is going on at this club?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looking at how well Fofana is doing at Leicester despite being rated less than Saliba, has me thinking wtf is going on at this club?
Fofana is better overall and didn't have difficult year off the pitch like Saliba. We didn't need Saliba this season our defense 4th most solid in PL so better let Saliba develop far from the chaos of squad

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People keep bringing up that Arteta is at fault here.

Can't people understand that putting a teenager CB who has just lost his parent(s?), to the deep end with our hyeena fanbase, is not a good thing.

I believe you guys when Saliba comes back and he has to be sold because he hates Arteta.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

People keep bringing up that Arteta is at fault here.

Can't people understand that putting a teenager CB who has just lost his parent(s?), to the deep end with our hyeena fanbase, is not a good thing.

I believe you guys when Saliba comes back and he has to be sold because he hates Arteta.
You have a point, our fanbase are largely idiots - but there’s been no fans.

I don’t think sticking a bib on him and putting him in the U23s when he was clearly brought in to play senior football was the right way to deal with him either.

Looking at some of the players still in the squad and watching Saliba perform in France, Arteta’s actions look largely petty honestly.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think sticking a bib on him and putting him in the U23s when he was clearly brought in to play senior football was the right way to deal with him either.

Looking at some of the players still in the squad and watching Saliba perform in France, Arteta’s actions look largely petty honestly.

Yeah, plus the scenario laid out by @drippin is really like the worst possible situation that could've happened and I find it hard to imagine Saliba would be that bad considering how he's looked in France.

Even if he wasn't great I don't even think the fans would get on his case that badly (the majority btw, there'd still be a minority up in arms about anything).

As for Arteta looking petty; I don't really know what he was thinking with Saliba, I honestly don't, he seems to have a preoccupation with certain ordinary players and seemingly doesn't fancy others (that are no worse) for no particular reason.

giphy.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No fans in the stadium doesn't matter in this case. Stadium fans are not usually the idiots.

Psyche is a precious thing, and it can be ruined. So even if the statement is true, that he now performs in France, the decision not to play him earlier in Arsenal, can still be the totally correct one.

I don't see it probable even at this point that Arteta and Saliba have a bad relationship or a big problem. If Saliba can't understand Arsenal management decisions, his professionalism has to questioned. He is a teenager still.

Saliba will get a lot of game time after his loan, and then there will be no Mustafi or Sokratis or Chambers etc.

Top Bottom