• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Tuesday 26th January | KO:20:15 | BT Sport (Maybe)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pepe gets to play with most of the good linking players

Hope he doesn't squander the opportunity but I expect he might

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm one of Pepe's biggest supporters, honestly I think the love and time I've got for him and AMN are definitely not based on rational thinking.

But he definitely must show more because he's not done enough this season, I hope that begins tonight.
He gets 1 start out of 5 PL games and people expect magic at the same moment. He needs 5-10 starts in a row to really show what he can/can't do

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I mean his general play, said it last season too, it’s nothing too great. Effort merchant mainly. Sanchez was that so it’s not really a diss.

He’s just not a Brazilian wonder boy.

I think if he reaches his potential he'll be an end product merchant with assists and goals. Not much link up play.

Don't mind that up top though

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He's young enough and fast enough to play right back, perhaos even play it well. But @SingmeasongSong is right, tonight we needed a leftback.

Wasn't this Cottrell fella quite good when he played there in pre-season ?
Know it's not his natural position, but he's left footed and looked good.

Pretty sure Martinelli has said he prefers to play out wide but I may be wrong.

Edit.
Here is his quore
“I like to play open and I play quite centrally, but I prefer to start wide. But my preference is always just to play, centre-half, full-back, goalkeeper, I just want to play.”

Not as conclusive as I had in my head.

Yeah, but it's a preference he mentioned nonetheless. But I fully agree with @GDeep™ there, Martinelli can be a good winger still, but it's at CF where he could be elite.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think if he reaches his potential he'll be an end product merchant with assists and goals. Not much link up play.

Don't mind that up top though
Yeah agreed.

Don’t really like him on the wing unless it’s as a wide forward. For some reason Arteta doesn’t want to play in that way though despite us having Auba, Gabi and Pepe who all suit that role.

Melquiades

Probably the biggest game of Pepe's Arsenal career tonight.

Joining the first team, with the first team in good form and 5 games unbeaten, in an important league game with the opposition dressing some sub-par defenders. Has to deliver a performance tonight if he wants to have a future here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom