• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Just log off man.

Cant win, if you post its log off no point posting, if you dont post its where you now bla bla bla. He had a poor game despite a goal... it happens. Put him up against a regular premiership defender not u23 standard and he does nothing. nothing new today.

Called it before the match hed do well today, check page 168 I think.

Edit: he done a lot worse than I thought he would

REWB

LMAO, omg... this was probably his best match in an arsenal shirt and I STILL had a heart attack every time he touched the ball, and he still had very poor decisions in terms of linkup play... Decent player honestly but he just isnt suited to the premier league. Hope he has a decent show real of performances from now on and we can sell him for a decent fee in the summer or next.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Pepe would have to score/assist almost every game to make up for some of his technical flaws. Kinda like what Alexis Sanchez did for most of his time here. Although Alexis just had a different mentality, he was an alpha personality. Pepe seems more laid back type.

novar

Good goal today and showed glimpses of what he can bring, something we haven't seen in a while

Hopefully not an anomaly, but it depends of how we decide to play onwards I feel

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't like him on the left, but Saka is a world class talent and RW will be his position.
I still think he is better than Auba on the left, we were finally able to create chances and look dangerous on the ball. This is a problem for everyone now, Auba would need to move to CF to fit Pepe in but Laca is on form, so I guess Pepe will go back to the bench as soon as Auba is back and we are going back to dead football as long as that's the plan for Arteta.

KenyanGoon

Pepe is a lot better whenever he plays on the left. On the right the man is too predictable and a lot easier to nullify. I hope Arteta has seen this and will play him on the left going forth.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Pepe is a lot better whenever he plays on the left. On the right the man is too predictable and a lot easier to nullify. I hope Arteta has seen this and will play him on the left going forth.
He's not better on the left, he just makes fewer mistakes but will also have fewer shots and other good stuff he would do on the right

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's not better on the left, he just makes fewer mistakes but will also have fewer shots and other good stuff he would do on the right
I actually preferred the swagger and bag of tricks he had when he joined myself. That’s all but mostly gone though.

Slowly he’s becoming more..I can’t explain it. Basic?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
a strong performance against Manutd is needed it's not difficult to turn your form he'll need to keep it up and just don't get too comfortable.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Much better tonight. He still doesn't look to have the ball under control at times but he stepped up and worked hard. If he can work on his right foot the way Saka has, he'll go up a level.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I actually preferred the swagger and bag of tricks he had when he joined myself. That’s all but mostly gone though.

Slowly he’s becoming more..I can’t explain it. Basic?
He had a fun run at the end, moving the ball through the legs of 2 defenders, but yeah, I also feel like he is starting to accept some of the instructions from Arteta and his game looks more basic because of that

KenyanGoon

He is better on the left. On the right in most games he offers very little. Plus he always has to turn back to his left foot which makes him so predictable its painful to watch. Granted he gets some beautiful curlers with his left but most of them are never on target.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Truly an enigma watch him play is like watching a tight role walker hoping he doesn't fall off.

Loved his workrate today. Also liked that on the left he doesn't keep cutting like he does on the right and slowing okay down.

REWB

I don't like him on the left, but Saka is a world class talent and RW will be his position.
I still think he is better than Auba on the left, we were finally able to create chances and look dangerous on the ball. This is a problem for everyone now, Auba would need to move to CF to fit Pepe in but Laca is on form, so I guess Pepe will go back to the bench as soon as Auba is back and we are going back to dead football as long as that's the plan for Arteta.
Auba has improve on the ball mate, may not be the best but he's good enough on the left and is much more of a goal threat than Pepe. Auba HAS to play on the left at the moment simple as that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Auba has improve on the ball mate, may not be the best but he's good enough on the left and is much more of a goal threat than Pepe. Auba HAS to play on the left at the moment simple as that.
What does a goal threat mean if you can't create anything? Wasn't that obvious for the past few seasons? Our game is more fluent without him and we can add goals from different sources when we create enough. I see Auba as a CF as soon as we add more technical quality within the team, that way he can do what he does best, scoring goals without adding much else.
We would need a bigger sample than one away game, but I think it makes sense what I'm saying, I was confident we will create chances as soon as I saw the lineup

REWB

What does a goal threat mean if you can't create anything? Wasn't that obvious for the past few seasons? Our game is more fluent without him and we can add goals from different sources when we create enough. I see Auba as a CF as soon as we add more technical quality within the team, that way he can do what he does best, scoring goals without adding much else.
We would need a bigger sample than one away game, but I think it makes sense what I'm saying, I was confident we will create chances as soon as I saw the lineup

I strongly disagree, we have had better games this season, especially on this run of form with Auba playing. Generally think he's more consistent on the ball than Pepe, so we keep the ball better. He probably would have scored the goal Pepe did today and it's not like we were ripping up the left with great attacks

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’ll be honest, our strongest 11 doesn’t have Pepe or Martinelli in it.

There’s a very tiny window for Pepe to try stake a claim, but a fit again Auba or Tierney pretty much puts a kabosh to that straight away.

Ødegaard to come to which makes it even more complicated.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

From the left you dont know if he's going to cut in or go on the outside. And when he goes on the outside he can actually whip a ball in. Cant do that from the right.

I prefer him on the left, think he needs a few games there.

But its all subjective, if Tierney is playing then Martinelli or Auba should play left. If its Cedric then you play Pepe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom