• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Was gutted to go out the cup but very happy with the performance tonight. I think the best we could do from here is 6th but with more performances like that from now to the end of the season I'd just about take that considering the **** show we where in a month or so ago.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There will be a lot of false dawns with this team and this manager, so I am taking it one game at a time.

I enjoyed today and that’s what matters.

We most probably won’t achieve much this season, but credit to Mikel I no longer feel like every match is a straight L.

Southampton are a good team, so it’s a big win.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Huge plaudits to this man for sorting us out defensively in terms of our shape, rightly or wrongly neglecting the attacking side of things to drill these lads into the ground in terms of shape and such. And then allowing the attacking play to develop as we go on. Finding his perfect team and formation along the way.

I really think hes an elite coach, we'll see in time if that's true. Top 4 isn't too much of a stretch, results would have to go our way but its doable which is crazy.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
There will be a lot of false dawns with this team and this manager, so I am taking it one game at a time.

I enjoyed today and that’s what matters.

We most probably won’t achieve much this season, but credit to Mikel I no longer feel like every match is a straight L.

Southampton are a good team, so it’s a big win.
With the current squad, I expect another dip. But we’re playing well right now. I am and I am not looking forward to Saturday.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

With the current squad, I expect another dip. But we’re playing well right now. I am and I am not looking forward to Saturday.
I am, only because personally I don’t put much stock into matches against the top 6.

NLD aside I’ve never held that against Mikel and ironically that’s one of his strengths. The Burnley, Villa etc results annoyed me a whole lot more cause there’s no Europe without winning them.

However, not dwelling on that, he’s found his first 11 and has found rhythm which he didn’t have before so will try to keep an open mind. He’s not my type of manager but I’ve noticed he’s learning, so I can’t fault him.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Inaccurate. Listen again. Saka actually says that he has the freedom to do what he likes in the final third. He's not claiming to have a free role. Nice try with the narrative/agenda.

You can’t handle your narrative being proved wrong. First ESR said Arteta tells him to play freely now it’s Saka saying something similar. How many more “the manager lets us play with freedom” quotes do you want? Also, they’re coming completely unforced. They come as a testament to Arteta’s allowance of creative freedom in the team.

Legend14

Established Member
Huge plaudits to this man for sorting us out defensively in terms of our shape, rightly or wrongly neglecting the attacking side of things to drill these lads into the ground in terms of shape and such. And then allowing the attacking play to develop as we go on. Finding his perfect team and formation along the way.

I really think hes an elite coach, we'll see in time if that's true. Top 4 isn't too much of a stretch, results would have to go our way but its doable which is crazy.

I do give him credit for organizing our shape. We don’t look to give up many goals. I think it was a priority as well.

Calling him an elite coach is pure hyperbole, right? Primarily because he just started coaching, secondarily because he makes many mistakes in many aspects and even admits to having to learn on the job. We can’t define this as elite.

I think he has the right amount of in-form talent at this point to start assessing how good a manager he really is and will be. So, I’ll be more direct in my posts regarding his accountability moving forward.

I see a couple of red flags and he should take them as room for growth feedback.

My first red flag is his controversial approach to the FA cup. I just don’t agree with giving anyone a chance to win and I don’t agree with the way we sort of bowed out with the excuse that we needed to rest everyone. Manage the lineups better. Create strategies that do not exhaust the team. He needs to be smarter, especially if he wants to join the elite.

My second red flag is his strategic attacking approach. I am not seeing him improve; I am seeing players make things happen against poor to average teams. I still see nonsensical crossing in the air against much taller teams, instead of early and low crosses. Simple adjustment. Also, I’d prefer that he create strategies that are sustainable, even when we need to substitute. We lose Saka and our attack is done? We lose ESR and our attack is done? We can do better to reduce risk.

Pepe had an Ok game today, but I still see Pepe trying to do too much. Simple coaching to let Pepe know to have a pass first mentality unless he is strictly 1-1. Over dribbling and holding the ball too long can’t happen every time Pepe plays, for the entire season. It will help Pepe and the team if he coached Pepe a little.

Regardless, I am behind the manager, but he needs to step up like the players. Hope he does.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
You can’t handle your narrative being proved wrong. First ESR said Arteta tells him to play freely now it’s Saka saying something similar. How many more “the manager lets us play with freedom” quotes do you want? Also, they’re coming completely unforced. They come as a testament to Arteta’s allowance of creative freedom in the team.
I haven’t banged the Arteta micro managing drum. I just pointed out your selective posting which you've glossed over. I know what ESR said. Arteta is slowly learning. You're a quarrelsome poster who posts a lot of tedious nonsense and I enjoy winding you up. Sleep tight.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
I haven’t banged the Arteta micro managing drum. I just pointed out your selective posting which you've glossed over. I know what ESR said. Arteta is slowly learning. You're a quarrelsome poster who posts a lot of tedious nonsense and I enjoy winding you up. Sleep tight.

Whoever it was that was banging on about it. The Arteta micro managing and denying freedom narrative is in the mud.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I think our first choice eleven may have become quite organised and quite hard to beat. Ok we’ve beat teams that good Arsenal sides should beat, but this is it... we’ve beat them. Tougher exams await, but we’re going in to them where we need to be.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom