• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I watched the first half from the start. That is the only foot he put wrong. He is so confident on the ball, breaks lines with his passes, at one point he took the ball into midfield and beat two players before releasing the ball. His weight of pass is so good. Brought thr ball out of the back on multiple occasions.

Nice build up through him as he is so press resistant. Such a talent.

That's good to hear, I must admit i'm slightly wary at the moment that Saliba is becoming part of the culture war. Anti-Arteta people focusing on everything good he does etc. I've no doubt he's doing good stuff at Nice, but i'm wary of the "he's MOTM every match!" vibe that's going around twitter these days.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I watched the first half from the start. That is the only foot he put wrong. He is so confident on the ball, breaks lines with his passes, at one point he took the ball into midfield and beat two players before releasing the ball. His weight of pass is so good. Brought thr ball out of the back on multiple occasions.

Nice build up through him as he is so press resistant. Such a talent.

I saw it a bit different, confident on the ball yes, great passing yes, but he does seem to take an age on it, that whole run through midfield was so unnecessary.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Love it. Plays well against PSG and the usual bellends nowhere to be seen. As soon as there’s an Arteta propaganda tweet overanalysing him putting a foot wrong they’ll be in here quicker than a fly on a fresh dog turd.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Love it. Plays well against PSG and the usual bellends nowhere to be seen. As soon as there’s an Arteta propaganda tweet overanalysing him putting a foot wrong they’ll be in here quicker than a fly on a fresh dog turd.
That what I'm starting to hate with fanbase it's getting more personal favorites then supporting the actual club.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm a supporter of Arteta on the whole (think we have bigger problems than the manager) but I cant get my head around this one and never have been able to. It reflects very poorly on the manager. His handling of Saliba and Guendouzi is very concerning.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
True. It’s more and more about people wanting to be proven right rather than have honest and open discussion.

Well that's all well and good, and I agree strongly, problem is you posted this before it:

Why try and create this ridiculous divide? It doesn't exist ffs. Everyone-- 'bellends' included--wants us to have a look at him. You're acting like everyone spends their lives glued to twitter accounts covering Saliba ffs... It's Saturday? Getting all angry because he had a good game for Nice :facepalm:

Where is this faction that are over-analysing his mistakes and rubbishing him?

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Well that's all well and good, and I agree strongly, problem is you posted this before it:

Why try and create this ridiculous divide? It doesn't exist ffs. Everyone-- 'bellends' included--wants us to have a look at him. You're acting like everyone spends their lives glued to twitter accounts covering Saliba ffs... It's Saturday? :lol:

Where is this faction that are over-analysing his mistakes and rubbishing him?

There are people, both here and on social media, who have been quick to comment at the slightest sign of him looking dodgy. These are rabid “Arteta can do no wrong” accounts. You only have to go back a few weeks and someone was in here posting tweets that were slagging off his performance (his 3rd proper game since last March). The sole purpose of the post was to try and show Arteta in a good light.

I don’t need to create a divide, it already exists.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
There are people, both here and on social media, who have been quick to comment at the slightest sign of him looking dodgy. These are rabid “Arteta can do no wrong” accounts. You only have to go back a few weeks and someone was in here posting tweets that were slagging off his performance (his 3rd proper game since last March). The sole purpose of the post was to try and show Arteta in a good light.

I don’t need to create a divide, it already exists.
Ok, but posting stuff like that just makes you very much part of it. That post could literally be ripped straight off some rabid anti-Mikel twitter account ffs! :lol:

Dunno why people are getting so angsty about this. He's coming back to Arsenal. I'm sure Mikel likes good players.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
There is literally no reason why this guy shouldn't be a nailed on starter here next season. No more excuses from Arteta.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not everyone who backs Arteta believe Saliba wasn't ready. He should have been registered for the EL and gotten a cup game (although we did play city and liverpool in a couple of them).

I think its quite clear someone else ****ed up the loan, then Arteta was too rigid to consider slightly altering his plans and promises for the season. Its not right that he registered injured players who only made the 4?th game in the group (Mari) over him.

I share the same sentiment as @MikelHadADream . I personally thought his Guendouzi management was okay at the time but when you combine that with Saliba, there's defo some cause for concern.

For me if both Guendouzi and Saliba leave this summer (or Saliba hardly gets a sniff next season) then I'm going to have to become Arteta out unless we improve tenfold. The whole point of these kind of appointments is that they play young players like Ole did at United. You can't become some off brand Pep/Mou asking to get the cheque book out and refusing to play young players because they "cant be trusted" as much as more senior players.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The guy has has the "rolls royce" gene all elite level CB's have. Physically dominant and very classy on the ball. I'm absolutely baffed at how the club have treated him, I want to see him in the first team next season.

It's so obvious to see his immense talent. Varane and Van Dijk level ceiling if he is developed properly. But people like to overcomplicate things. Football is a very simply game, whatever weaknesses he has is all down to inexperience.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don’t see why his video should be an issue for us if it was pre Arsenal? At an age where you do these stupid things too. If anything it says more about the era we live in rather than him, you think players 20/30 years ago weren’t doing these things and more? Camera phones were just not about.
W@nking in front of each other in the locker room didn’t happen 20/50 or 100 years ago. Stop trying to normalize degenerate behaviour.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
W@nking in front of each other in the locker room didn’t happen 20/50 or 100 years ago. Stop trying to normalize degenerate behaviour.
You think exhibitionists didn't exist 20/50 or 100 years ago?

Rugby players drinking each other's piss, American college sport players shoving dildo up each other asses as a 'prank' are well known locker room stories. Some guy trying to let off some steam in/after a high stress situation pales in comparison.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Sorry have I missed something? What has Saliba done on video..? o_O

Edit; nevermind I went back a few pages and really dont want to know.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So this is all fantastic stuff, but this comp doesn't show him giving the ball away in a dangerous away leading to Mbappe almost scoring. If he was playing for Arsenal and he had a good game but gave the ball away and the opposition scored would we be praising him or criticising him? A lot of fans would be angry as hell.

Gotta be more balanced with Saliba, don't get dragged into a culture war.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom