• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

REEVIE1995

We were terrible today and Willian came on for 15 minutes and stood out as the worst player on the pitch. If we are going by merit of this season then Willian shouldn't be in the squad let alone getting on the pitch ahead of Martinelli and Ceballos today.

Forget about them for a second. Is there any arsenal fan out there that thinks Willian should be on the Bench ahead of Nelson or Eddie? Nelson had a dodgy game a while ago and hasn't been seen since. Willian hasn't stopped having dodgy games. Eddie hasn't had a great season but who would of been more likely to grab an equaliser today between him and Willian?

I kinda feel sorry for him a bit. Arteta is trying to play him into form but he just keeps digging himself a bigger hole. Have Nelson replace him on the bench for the next game and stick Willian out in u23s to get some momentum going. It cannot be worse for his confidence than getting slaughtered by the fanbase every game. Sometimes you just need to take a player out of the spotlight for his own sake.

Polar Bear

I know everyone will say Willian is nothing to do with the defence, but I swear the second Willian came on the pitch Ryan was bombarded lol

I was just re-watching the game, and Ryan was 4/10 at best BUT he gets a 8/10 because he made 3 to 4 very good saves and they all happened as soon as Willian came on.. not a second earlier.

I just can't believe its a total coincidence. Also the fact Willian kept going back, he was going back towards our goal every time and lost the ball a few times.

OSBK

Established Member
I dont know what else to say about the guy. Watching grealish control the play everytime he got the ball and then we have willian who couldnt control a bag of cement.

The guy has won everything so its fair he has all the pressure in the world on him. A player of his history should be waltzing these games for us.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He’s got no excuses he’s been in the league for ages and he even lives in London he was signed to deliver immediately not to slowly find his way. Nobody else is to blame for his awful form except for him. He’s a disgrace to professional football.

Manberg10

I noticed that he’s limited those who can comment on his insta to his friends only. I hope Arsenal fans haven’t been sending him abuse.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I know everyone will say Willian is nothing to do with the defence, but I swear the second Willian came on the pitch Ryan was bombarded lol

I was just re-watching the game, and Ryan was 4/10 at best BUT he gets a 8/10 because he made 3 to 4 very good saves and they all happened as soon as Willian came on.. not a second earlier.

I just can't believe its a total coincidence. Also the fact Willian kept going back, he was going back towards our goal every time and lost the ball a few times.
You don't need to be a defender for that. It's obvious we lose that flank and we allowed the pace of our team. He wastes balls and losses the possession. Most of the times the way a team get attacked is not retaining the ball (lack of good CF or AM to do that) and wingers losing every ball when team is open. Worst way is when your CBs are so bad they slow the game from the back putting so much pressure in your midfielders so they can't receive a single ball without a foe breathing on his back.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He can’t be happy or proud of the way things are going. Wonder what he makes of all this.

Also wonder at what point will the club pull the plug. Or do they low-key realise that’s not really an option?

I want to see him reach out for these lifelines Arteta keeps throwing him at the very least. Whatever he’s doing in training to keep getting picked he needs to show it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He can’t be happy or proud of the way things are going. Wonder what he makes of all this.

Also wonder at what point will the club pull the plug. Or do they low-key realise that’s not really an option?

I want to see him reach out for these lifelines Arteta keeps throwing him at the very least. Whatever he’s doing in training to keep getting picked he needs to show it.
It's not the quality that is the problem. The problem is that the guy doesn't even show effort. ESR hasn't played well in the last couple of games but one thing you can't fault him for is that he gives his all on the pitch. If Willian was showing effort, even if what he does doesn't come off, the fans will forgive him. But the guy just strolls around the pitch and inevitably lose the ball once he gets it. Nelson didn't even play as bad as this to get benched.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To think that at the end of last season, Pepe was one of our best performers in our two most important games. Then he got dropped for Willian.

Look at what Pepe is capable of. Arteta is hoping that Willian comes on and bends one into the top corner. It's not going to happen.

Now that Pepe has made himself undroppable, Arteta is placing Willian ahead of Martinelli.

Where is the common sense ffs. Willian, Auba and Lacazette. They are not the future. Martinelli, Pepe, Saka. That's the present and future.

Why not give Martinelli a game at Cf and see what he can do.

Lacazette seems off form again, Auba has been off form for the whole season and on top of that Nketiah has shown nothing.

Highbury_Arsenal

There must be some clause in his contract that says he has to play, because every Prem game he has either started or come on

There can be no other answer, because Willian has been dreadful, and even dreadful is a kind word for him, he is just beyond bad. He looks like a amateurish player out there, honestly one of the worst players I have ever seen playing for Arsenal, and no thats not an overreaction, I swear he is one of the worst players I ever seen for Arsenal, basically does everything wrong every match

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
At this stage, I just wish we could channel all Partey and Tierney's injuries through him. He'd be worth his money then. I don’t know if he's total trash or Arteta has done another number on an attacking player. Bit of both tbh.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
What exactly are we getting by playing this fraud over the likes of Pepe and Martinelli. Arteta should realise that this transfer is a massive flop. No point giving him chances trying to prove a point. Find a way to sell him, cut the losses and move on.

Moah

He definitely has a clause in his contract. There is absolutely no way a competent manager sees him play and choose him over the likes of Pepe, Nelson and Martinelli.

Ciscoo

In contention for our worst ever signing atm. At least you can find valid excuses when a defender comes here and flops.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom