• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

simba

Manberg Again
Again why are you thinking of 4-4? It was a freak result 10 years ago that had absolutely nothing to do with this set of players. This is a bullshit mentality.

If Leeds came back it wouldn’t have been because of Martinelli. Our issue for the last 35 minutes was zero composure on the ball in defensive zones.

We didn’t have enough passing options in midfield so we just kept hoofing it back to Leeds.

PS welcome back manberg

We dropped deeper, went defensive and looked to play on the counter. It’s the right thing to do. Also, didn’t we create two chances in that time that hit the post?

Ignoring the 4-4 but rather focussing on any lead in any game, analysis would show that if you bring on defensive players to shore up a lead, more often than not you hold on to the lead. On the other hand, in such situations when a manager brings on an attacking player in such a situation, it is more likely to cost them.

AmsterdamGunner

Developing a younger team and aiming for top 6 is a realistic and progressive target for next season.

Bring Saliba and Guendouzi back, find Martinelli his position etc.

If only we could have the confidence that Saliba and Guendouzi want to play voor Arteta again. I’m no sure about that.

I would love to try us to play with a 3 man midfield with one pivot in central midfield (Partey) and two more attacking midfielders (Ødegaard and ESR). Like Pep always plays/played with his teams. That would make a spot free for Martinelli at left wing.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We dropped deeper, went defensive and looked to play on the counter. It’s the right thing to do. Also, didn’t we create two chances in that time that hit the post?

Ignoring the 4-4 but rather focussing on any lead in any game, analysis would show that if you bring on defensive players to shore up a lead, more often than not you hold on to the lead. On the other hand, in such situations when a manager brings on an attacking player in such a situation, it is more likely to cost them.

That's such a random generalisation and you are basing it on absolutely nothing.

If a team is winning and they make an attacking substitution, it doesn't mean that they will lose the game or even conceed goals.

At 4 -0, bringing on Martinelli transmits to the team, lets get more goals and maintain control. You bring on Willian and you are bringing in someone to maintain control and be safe. The same for Elneny. Taking off the technical security for what? Someone who runs around and passes backwards.

The bigger picture is that his substitutions have always been bad. He makes changes that completey change our momentum in a negative manner on a consistent basis and they are always the conservative choices. His offensive changes are like for like.

Nketiah for Lacazette?

I would rather win 4-2, than 2-0. Sorry, Marinelli on ahead of Willian for me.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Getting quite obvious that people don’t want Arsenal to win, they want to complain. Imagine talking about Arteta being "selfish and terrible" after a game with free flowing attacking football and four goals against a good side. Aubameyang even scored his first hattrick for the club.

Miserable ****s.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Mikels Willian sub only looks bad provided Pepe and Martinelli don’t get minutes on Thursday. What’s the point of giving both 25 minutes at 4-0 when we all know how injuries are this season?

I didn’t want it but the sub makes sense. Same as ESR, he’ll likely be rested vs Benfica.

Some of you are looking to deep into it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Getting quite obvious that people don’t want Arsenal to win, they want to complain. Imagine talking about Arteta being "selfish and terrible" after a game with free flowing attacking football and four goals against a good side. Aubameyang even scored his first hattrick for the club.

Miserable ****s.

You gotta understand, there is no serenity in modern football. Liverpool reached a CL final, won the CL then won the PL, three incredible seasons, any old-fashioned football fan would be happy to see their team have just one season like that in their lifetimes, they had three of them, they lived the dream. Barely a year later and they're miserable. There is no peace in this game.

We have Saka, an Arsenal boy from London, a pure angel from heaven playing and balling for us, you couldn't ask for anything more precious. But our human condition doesn't allow us to fully appreciate this; it forces us to peer into the darkness; it forces us to open the cellar door, and enter the Willian room.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Aubameyang even scored his first hattrick for the club.

Miserable ****s.
I’m getting sick of this forum.
I have zero sympathy tbh, a lot of posters and media are more than happy to absolutely hammer the players whenever we don't get it right.

There's both sides to it you have to take the rough with the smooth. It's a crap season and the fan base have been forced to pick their poison. For some it's Arteta, if you're not an Arteta fan then this season is even worse.

Sensible fans can see yesterday was a good win, I wouldn't read too much into the hate.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When we lose the ‘Arteta out’ boys post in this thread about his failings. When we win the ‘Arteta in’ boys post about how well he’s doing. :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I have zero sympathy tbh, a lot of posters and media are more than happy to absolutely hammer the players whenever we don't get it right.

There's both sides to it you have to take the rough with the smooth. It's a crap season and the fan base have been forced to pick their poison. For some it's Arteta, if you're not an Arteta fan then this season is even worse.

Sensible fans can see yesterday was a good win, I wouldn't read too much into the hate.

Yes, but to be honest, we don't win very often, nor do we score 4... ever, so I just want to enjoy it. I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to slag off Mikel for the know-nothing he is before the end of the of the season. Can we not take a rest for a couple of days and enjoy being 10th :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yes, but to be honest, we don't win very often, nor do we score 4... ever, so I just want to enjoy it. I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to slag off Mikel for the know-nothing he is before the end of the of the season. Can we not take a rest for a couple of days and enjoy being 10th :lol:
I have to say I am actually a bit surprised at the negative feedback I am seeing.

I agree, just enjoy the win - hopefully this version of Auba does what we need him to do in Europa league knockouts.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let’s have some realism. This is a results based business. At the moment we’re 10th because we’ve lost 10 games. All the teams above us have lost fewer games. Probably going to lose another next weekend too, so that’s 11 and we’ve still got Leicester, Sp**s, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Everton to play.

We’re pretty much stuffed this season. So this only comes down to one question. How much time are the board and fans willing wait while they’re looking hard for the green shoots of recovery, during this roller coaster ride.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How much time are the board and fans willing wait while they’re looking hard for the green shoots of recovery, during this roller coaster ride.
Personally I think it's going to be like this until roughly around this time next season, many matches and millions of pound spent (or lost) later.

Kysus

1st half was top notch by Arteta(tacticially) and the team(execution)
Hats off to Leeds for that response after going 4-0 down early in the 2nd, do not think any other team in the league would do that under the current contested schedule.

Ceballos looked promising with capable ball players in front of him, on the same wave length.
Still looks like he does not really fit into a 4231 though, his positioning and concentration is all over the place at times.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Well a few months ago it looked like the players didnt even care, this was partly down to Arteta but also their weak mentality imo. I didn't think it would make such a difference, but bringing in more young and hungry players (ESR, Martinelli returning) kind of ignited our squad. Hopefully Arteta has learnt now that we are more intense and hungry when we have a mixture of youth and seniority in the side. The young players kinda embarassed the likes of Auba when they came in.

But when you look at things more simply, we thoroughly improved when we finally got a creative player in ESR. And when our best player (Partey) is fit. We played the first half of the season without any creativity and our marquee signing sidelined (as well as Auba completely lacking confidence- its funny how having creative players can finally give him the service he needs to get out the rut).

Who's fault is it for not signing a creative player? There were reports Arteta wanted Aouar over Partey but Edu overrode. Whoever's fault it was, it was the same as the Saliba issue. Lack of experience in the duo of Arteta and Edu. Thats the issue when people are learning on the job, I'm sure most of us would have preferred at least a more experienced DoF and I still hope to wake up to the headline that we are in discussions with someone to replace Raul or Edu.

We go into the season with a creative signing (e.g. Aouar, Buendia) and we automatically probably have 5-10 points more imo and we are in the fight for CL spots and may fall back on EL. Going into a season so unbalanced is going to cause you massive issues.

A lot of people here seem to avoid the obvious, if Arteta was such a **** then he would have lost the dressing room in that poor period of form where he called out members of his squad. So I think people need to stop pretending like they work at the club and understand everything going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

Arteta fan :lol: We're supporting the same team, aren't we?

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Mikels Willian sub only looks bad provided Pepe and Martinelli don’t get minutes on Thursday. What’s the point of giving both 25 minutes at 4-0 when we all know how injuries are this season?

I didn’t want it but the sub makes sense. Same as ESR, he’ll likely be rested vs Benfica.

Some of you are looking to deep into it.

But... But... Arteta and Edu get money from Kia when they use him!!!!!!1111111111:mad::mad::mad:

mpower2540

Because the most reliable thing to do is to bring on experienced defensive minded players to secure the result.

I mentioned the 4-4. What happened in the 4-4 you may ask? Newcastle had just made it 4-1 and Wenger made the bizarre decision to bring on Rosicky rather than a defensive minded player. We went on to concede 3 goals.
There is no place for naivety when points are at stake. 4-4 again would have been a disaster.
That 4-4 game was another example of dreadful officiating. We were in complete control, Squillachi then gives a hospital pass to Diaby which invites Barton to put in a horror tackle which Diaby was quite rightly upset with. Diaby gets sent off for reacting, the crowd get up, they get given two hilariously soft penalties cos the ref wanted to be part of the chaos. Then Tiote bangs in an absolute wonder goal. It was a cluster **** of a match. Don’t think the Rosicky sub had anything to do with it.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom