• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

REEVIE1995

Pretty tough fixture for this stage of the competition to be fair considering we topped the group. I was pretty happy though when I saw they had a centre back pairing of Otamendi and Vertonghen. Any kind of pace up against them two is going to be a lot of fun. I would go

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Cedric
Ceballos Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard Esr
Auba
Bench: Ryan, Chambers, Holding, Mari, Elneny, Pepe, Martinelli, Laca, Nketiah, Nelson, Willian, Okonkwo.

Play the strongest team. Get a few goals and kill this tie off then start rotating the likes of Saka and Auba. I was very tempted to start Pepe especially with his pace but he would be my first sub coming on. It would be nice to see some of the youngsters who haven't had many chances lately (Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah) get brought on at some point.

Kysus

What are the best type of jeans?
Jeans don't make any sense to begin with unless you need a really really sturdy pant.
Hot in the summer, not warm in the winter, not really stretchable, not breathable, not water resistent, does take ages to dry when wet.
Sturdyness is literally the only thing it has to offer.

blaze_of_glory

Slim fit is the way to go. I'm way to stylish to wear bootcuts but way to masculine to wear skinny jeans. Slim fit is the perfect balance.
Slim fit only works sometimes though. Too many brands think slim fit still thinks you have no leg muscle. Like apparently if you have a 32 waist waist you need to have chicken legs. Skinny jeans won't even fit around calves (not to mention nuts) but slim fit often cling too tight to the thigh. My leg aren't even that big, just not little sticks.

Levis 513 are slim and do work for me (stretchy denim) but also can't go wrong with a classic 501 imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tierney travelled but only completed ome full training sessions according to Arteta. Partey will miss this game he still training alone

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Slim fit only works sometimes though. Too many brands think slim fit still thinks you have no leg muscle. Like apparently if you have a 32 waist waist you need to have chicken legs. Skinny jeans won't even fit around calves (not to mention nuts) but slim fit often cling too tight to the thigh. My leg aren't even that big, just not little sticks.

Levis 513 are slim and do work for me (stretchy denim) but also can't go wrong with a classic 501 imo.

American Eagle Slim Fit all the way. They're proper slim. Not the slim = skinny and skinny = super skinny stuff you talk about.

Iceman10

Established Member
Pretty tough fixture for this stage of the competition to be fair considering we topped the group. I was pretty happy though when I saw they had a centre back pairing of Otamendi and Vertonghen. Any kind of pace up against them two is going to be a lot of fun. I would go

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Cedric
Ceballos Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard Esr
Auba
Bench: Ryan, Chambers, Holding, Mari, Elneny, Pepe, Martinelli, Laca, Nketiah, Nelson, Willian, Okonkwo.

Play the strongest team. Get a few goals and kill this tie off then start rotating the likes of Saka and Auba. I was very tempted to start Pepe especially with his pace but he would be my first sub coming on. It would be nice to see some of the youngsters who haven't had many chances lately (Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah) get brought on at some point.

Now that you bring it up I will bet on Pepe playing instead of ESR for this one. Pepe has been in good form recently, was good enough at Villa even to not merit another continuous spell on the sidelines, and ESR needs some protection over his match minutes also. We should play our best team for this one, but I don’t see much drop off between ESR and Pepe as options for LW, and an European tie like this one probably suits strengths of Pepe, as well as Ødegaard.

Finesse

Now that you bring it up I will bet on Pepe playing instead of ESR for this one. Pepe has been in good form recently, was good enough at Villa even to not merit another continuous spell on the sidelines, and ESR needs some protection over his match minutes also. We should play our best team for this one, but I don’t see much drop off between ESR and Pepe as options for LW, and an European tie like this one probably suits strengths of Pepe, as well as Ødegaard.

I would keep this team and bring in a natural left back in Kieran. I can see what Arteta is doing and we need to continue this and get better at it. It is possession football based on quick passing and movement into space. When properly deployed it can be as fluid as against Leeds for 60 minutes. However we need to keep improving to understand the game management aspect of it.

Pepe is on form no doubt. However his style of play would disrupt the kind of very cohesive flow we are seeking to establish in the final third. Pepe is on form and bring other very individualistic qualities into the team, however he can be brought on to finish the game when that may be needed.

ESR stays in the team.

Last edited:

Melquiades

Pretty tough fixture for this stage of the competition to be fair considering we topped the group.

We haven't got any luck this season with this sort of thing at all. Our comparative draws vs. Sp**s this season are hilarious :

League Cup 3rd round :
Sp**s - Leyton Orient
Arsenal - Leicester

League Cup 4th round :
Sp**s - Chelsea
Arsenal - Liverpool

League Cup QF
Sp**s - Stoke
Arsenal - Man City

FA Cup 4th round :
Sp**s - Marine
Arsenal - Newcastle

FA Cup 5th round
Sp**s - Wycombe
Arsenal - Southampton

Europe Round of 32
Sp**s - some Austrian farmers
Arsenal - Benfica

Literally 5 extra free wins for them while we're slogging through PL teams for results. And they're still nosediving.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully Arteta has learned his lesson and knows that one training session and a player who wears short sleeves in the snow telling him he is okay, does not mean you start him.

If I got injured as much as Tierney I'd be wearing the latest bodywear muscle technology skin tight whatever

Bet he sprints from the dressing room to the pitch and dives in the snow without a warm up at London Colney the wally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom