• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ceballos for 22m euros is a no brainer. No adaption time, low fee, best years ahead of him. I'm still not sure how good he is, but the fact he's gone from indispensable at the end of last season to a rotation player shows that we have a better option in Partey and Xhaka has had to go up a level.

Ceballos is so much better than Willock, El Nenny and AMN in midfield that it's ridiculous.

Zaza

I think we should get Ødegaard on loan, a top class LW(Grealish) and Edouard(he's available for 15m).
If we can't get Ceballos on a permanent deal, get Soumare or something.
Realistic departures include Laca, Nketiah, Reiss Nelson, Torreira, Guendouzi and maybe Willock.
We don't need another CB for now and can snatch one of these free agent LB available.
Regardless of how things look we do have a reasonable spine. It's up to edu to prove us wrong.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Think a CM and a RB who can attack would be priorities for me. Bellerin just doesn't cut it for me anymore, he's piss poor going forward and ruins almost all our attacks. It is imperative we get a attack minded RB in there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes RB becoming also position we have to strengthen but the problem seem Arteta forcing it with Hector to make him inverted RB that imo will never works.

truth_hurts

I think we should get Ødegaard on loan, a top class LW(Grealish) and Edouard(he's available for 15m).
If we can't get Ceballos on a permanent deal, get Soumare or something.
Realistic departures include Laca, Nketiah, Reiss Nelson, Torreira, Guendouzi and maybe Willock.
We don't need another CB for now and can snatch one of these free agent LB available.
Regardless of how things look we do have a reasonable spine. It's up to edu to prove us wrong.

No cm and no cb? Some would argue those are our weakest two positions.

Interestingly though, our defence has stood up mainly and it has been our attack that has been blunt.

If Grealish can keep Villa up and propell them to top 6, imagine what he could do here. I'd empty the clip on him even if it meant another year of Holding and Xhaka starting.

By calling back Mavrapanos or Saliba and either bringing back Matteo or buying Ceballos we could possibly make it happen.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

truth_hurts

truth_hurts

Why? He would jump at the opportunity of joining Arsenal and the choice is in his hands. Helikes the club and people seem to underrate London being a massive pull for a lot of footballers.

Europa League scramble and play for Mikel or go join a Champions League super power like Juve or Madrid? He could even live in Paris with oil money.

We stand zero chance.

teamsoutheast

Europa League scramble and play for Mikel or go join a Champions League super power like Juve or Madrid? He could even live in Paris with oil money.

We stand zero chance.

He's already won the Champions League, European Super Cup and Fifa World Club cup TWICE with Bayern though. This could indicate his nextchoice of club would be more 'personal' then would it not?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Goonger

He's also apparently demanding over 300k a week. So you would pay over £300k a week for a guy that's probably barely played right back in his life to then come here & take over that position?

Has there been any good examples of left footed players being top right backs in recent history?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looks like a very talented winger, compared himself to Di Maria in terms of his style of play and you can see it: skinny and very technical. He'll probably extend at Sevilla or go to Barca, but he looks like a good option for our LW spot.

truth_hurts

He's already won the Champions League, European Super Cup and Fifa World Club cup TWICE with Bayern though. This could indicate his nextchoice of club would be more 'personal' then would it not?

Oh brilliant, so another Luiz and Willian scenario. He is willing to drop a level to retire after winning the big trophies.

Alaba is well out of our reach.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Why? He would jump at the opportunity of joining Arsenal and the choice is in his hands. Helikes the club and people seem to underrate London being a massive pull for a lot of footballers.

I appreciate your optimism, but Alaba is an elite-level player in his prime and he will go to a current elite-level club that is currently competing for the top trophies and paying elite-level wages. That is currently not us and it won't be for quite some time.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
David alaba asking for 300k we can't give him that also there better clubs like real madrid want him

teamsoutheast

David alaba asking for 300k we can't give him that also there better clubs like real madrid want him

Real Madrid are broke. Can they even afford those wages? Only 2 clubs can afford those wages in this pandemic, Man City and PSG. I wonder if he would take a pay cut to join us. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom