• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If Auba buries a couple of those chances you'd expect him to you're talking about a fairly routine win.

Wasn't a great performance but it wasn't awful either. Pretty confident we'll progress.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Seems like Benfica have collected all the transfer muppets of the 2010's
Ok...bar the last few times we have played in Greece, I am pretty sure our recent record isn't that great over there :lol:

No fans plus away day for Benfica too make it a lot easier this time. Need to get an early goal and put tie to bed.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Our decision making around the box isn't great. When they stack the box full like that we need to shoot more. We are not going to pass through and need to let it fly. A lot of good can happen with a shot inside the box. It can easily ricochet of a defender for a goal, strike a hand etc. Oedegard and Bellarin could easily have let it fly at least once each in the first half instead of trying another pass in the box.

OSBK

Established Member
I really hope this teams evolution isn’t putting a load of number 10’s/passers on the pitch together and hoping to “one two” our way past teams. The balance of the team looked off tonight and we were taking far too long to get the ball forward against a crap team

I agree.

When we went on our little run recently we played players in the right positions and we looked better. Now we are shoehorning players in and we dont look right.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Our decision making around the box isn't great. When they stack the box full like that we need to shoot more. We are not going to pass through and need to let it fly. A lot of good can happen with a shot inside the box. It can easily ricochet of a defender for a goal, strike a hand etc. Oedegard and Bellarin could easily have let it fly at least once each in the first half instead of trying another pass in the box.

Yeah we don't take enough risks, don't shoot enough, and when we do it's always blocked somehow. Miss an Alexis type, someone that breaks the mould a bit, I guess Pepe was supposed to be that but he breaks the mould in the wrong way haha

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

That's objectively a decent result but the aftertaste is just sour, too timid and conservative, this team is miles away

Yeah I think part of the reason it's frustrating is because it wasn't a "true" away tie.

If it were in a full "insert Benfica's stadium name here" then it'd feel more like a success because despite the form we'd have gone away to a top team in Portugal and gotten a good result.

As they've been reportedly in poor form this year and aren't even at home you'd hope we would do better, but really we would've won if Auba scores one of his chances.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This team is so so inconsistent it's laughable. That was so boring yet again.

Only consistent thing is the fact most games are a snore fest.

Another day closer to watching Chelsea I suppose. Night folks, especially @Rimaal.

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom