• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Iceman10

Established Member
We see a lot about players affected by what they see on social media. One thing I don’t get with all the money in football is why players have to have direct involvement with social media instead of their posts being done for them and responses screened by handlers who post their social media material. It would still be a problem perhaps because family and friends could still see the ugly stuff on social media although the handlers could quickly block and hide abusive responses. These “handlers” could be part of player entourages or people employed by the club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
£9 pounds for Tyler and Smith...**** off!

They should be paying us to take those 2, Smith is crap and Tyler isn't what he was.

Riou

The only thing that really matters to me is commentators, tbh...though some of the pundits/presenters are good, I don't listen to any of them really.

Tyldesley or Dury and McCoist, for me...who was that co-commentator, that used to do Champions League games when it was on ITV?

He should be up there instead of a few of the others.

Though Richard Keys is a scumbag, he is easily a better presenter than Jake Humphreys imo.

Humphreys is the worst out of everyone on that list.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The only thing that really matters to me is commentators, tbh...though some of the pundits/presenters are good, I don't listen to any of them really.

Tyldesley or Dury and McCoist, for me...who was that co-commentator, that used to do Champions League games when it was on ITV?

He should be up there instead of a few of the others.
The ones I can remember from the ITV days where Atkinson, Pleat and later on Jim Beglin, he was pretty good.

Riou

The ones I can remember from the ITV days where Atkinson, Pleat and later on Jim Beglin, he was pretty good.

Yeah, Clive and Jim would be my pair...though Pleat and Atkinson were good too.

Though the last time Big Ron did some Champions League commentary, didn't work out so well for him :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Clive and Jim would be my pair...though Pleat and Atkinson were good too.

Though the last time Big Ron did some Champions League commentary, didn't work out so well for him :lol:
Yeah I quite liked Atkinson as well till he made a fool of himself and Pleat was good value for the mistakes he used to make, some of his quotes are hilarious.

Riou

How could I forget my boy Gerry Armstrong...loved him on Spanish football/Revista De La Liga back in the day, he should be there too!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How could I forget my boy Gerry Armstrong...loved him on Spanish football/Revista De La Liga back in the day, he should be there too!
Definitely, I liked the guy who was main commentator next to him as well, can't remember his name. La Liga was quality in that era.

Top Bottom