• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Doesn’t feel like a big game considering how poor Benfica looked, and we should’ve scored 3/4 against them in the first leg.

But yeah, it’s a big night, given what happened against Olympiacos last year and our season being over today if we get KO.

Should be a 3-1 to Arsenal type result I think, so I’m pretty relaxed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Partey on the bench...good he is back, but also good he isn't being risked.

As soon as we go out of this comp then the season is dead, lot of pressure on the coaches/players in every Europa match.

But win this competition, and we have had a better season than any team who finishes up to 2nd in England this year.

Plus, we can't lose to a tubby Taarabt and a 50 year old Vertonghen...Sp**s fans would never shut up about it!

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Best line up we could get Partey aside. Holding has been dodgy for time.

Three attacking midfielders behind Auba will surely create enough.

Trofton

• Arsenal have won five of their last six home matches against Portuguese opposition (D1), scoring 20 goals across those five victories.
  • Benfica's only previous away match against Arsenal saw them win at Highbury in the European Cup last 16 in 1991-92. Managed at the time by Sven-Göran Eriksson, Benfica needed extra-time goals from Vasiliy Kulkov and Isaías to secure a 3-1 win.
  • Arsenal have won on each of their previous two visits to Greece, both against, Olympiakos, in the UEFA Champions League in December 2015 and the UEFA Europa League in February 2020.
  • Benfica's last knockout stage match held in Greece was a 1-0 win away to PAOK Salonika in the last 32 of the UEFA Europa League in 2013-14.
  • Since the start of last season, only Nicolas Pépé (10) has had a direct hand in more of Arsenal's 37 goals in the UEFA Europa League than Bukayo Saka (3 goals, 6 assists), who netted the equaliser in the first leg

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I’m going to have to DVR this since I’m working, so I get to watch en Español later. Glad Univision bothers to broadcast football here in the states.
Meantime, nobody give anything away here, okay?:p

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
For one game we should be able to put the Arteta stuff aside.

We're a flat out better side than Benfica. We should have been 2-3 goals up after the first leg. If Auba's anywhere close to on form we go through.

You can quote me on that after the match when we've gone out :lol:

baccy_man

Established Member
I hope we go out and attack because if we try and defend for the draw that we have got going into the game we are likely to let a goal in,
The way our players defend at times anything could happen,
If we go out to win the game i think it could be 2-0 or 2-1 score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom