• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Dont waste your time. Put on some relaxing dog music instead and give his nuts a scratch. Trust me, it will be far more rewarding :bye:
He won't let me near his nuts. He's still in tact at 15 months and a very feisty lad. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger would have done better than Arteta, Wenger was treated unfairly blah blah. It's just rinse and repeat on here.

I agree with all of it, but Wenger's not been manager here for 3 years, he's not going to be manager in the future. No-one to my knowledge has invented a time machine so the club can go back and rectify the poor decisions they made.

Arteta's manager now, guess what he's not as good as Wenger. Neither was Emery. Neither will the next manager be most likely. It's just living in the past comparing everyone to Wenger and fixating on things that can't be changed.

As someone who was pro Wenger till the very end, it's exceptionally boring now.
No it's not boring it's an interesting study in human nature. You'd think people p!ssed with top 4 for not winning the league, who wanted both Wenger and Emery gone, would be be even more p!ssed at being 11th and playing poor football.

But apparently not. Discuss.

mpower2540

Just read 3 or 4 pages of Arteta fan boys creaming themselves at getting a last gasp reprieve against a really poor side that we respected far too much by sitting back and hoping to counter with slow transitional play.

Unless Arteta learns fast, this is just delaying the inevitable. Woeful stuff.
Hard not to agree with this. I’ve actually been a supporter of Mikel but I never thought we’d win last night and I’d end up with much less faith in him.

The teams (although we lost a couple of them) against Southampton, Wolves and Villa had a nice balance about them and I was starting to see things that I really liked. Then the Leeds game came about. Smith Rowe on the Left despite his good form at 10, but hey got to get Ødegaard in there right! Pepe dropped despite finally showing some good form, nevertheless we won and scored 4.

But we started to become a fancy tippy tappy team with a load of players who just want to pop the ball to each other. He’s pretty much persisted with it since, which suggests, as you and others are alluding to, he’s not learning fast.

Stop ruining the balance of the team so you can put the players you like on, it’s pure arrogance and rubbish management, it’s not helping Smith Rowe either!

Willian is clearly a hill he’s willing to die on, I don’t care if he assisted the equaliser, the decision to bring him on was in no way justifiable given his previous performances for us.

He got lucky last night and he needed a 19 year old to save him. Credit to Auba and Tierney for showing some balls too.

Oh and I actually looked at him celebrating last night and couldn’t help thinking he was celebrating that the Willian change came good, as if he was some tactical genius, rather than the team winning and I thought “you’re a **** mate” :lol: (I realise that’s probably bollocks and it was a heat of the moment thing).

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
lauding it over Sp**s every year for 20 years straight

First half of Wengers tenure vs sp*rs: Won 12 Drew 12 Lost 0

Second half of Wengers vs sp*rs: Won 8 Drew 7 Lost 7

By your very own 'lauding over sp*rs' metric he was clearly in decline, and its patently not 20 years straight dominance as you have incorrectly asserted.

Will you label me an Arteta Fanboy or Wenger Hater simply because I have committed the heinous crime of highlighting your factually incorrect statement?

What are the set of circumstances that have to be met for you to stop flooding this forum with Wenger-related posts?

Every t3rrorist has a set of demands.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
No it's not boring it's an interesting study in human nature. You'd think people p!ssed with top 4 for not winning the league, who wanted both Wenger and Emery gone, would be be even more p!ssed at being 11th and playing poor football.

Wenger's your hero, which is fair enough, he's a bloody good one to have to be fair.

What's an interesting study in human nature is your gimmick is basically trying to frame every discussion around how great Wenger was, a manager who hasn't managed us for 3 years and isn't going to have any impact on how we do in the present or future.

Yet the man you idolise is known for being pretty much allergic to nostalgia or looking back at the past in any meaningful way. He lives in the present and the future.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

because they have no interest in football. let them be.

Just be thankful that their incel whining allowed Wenger to finally escape the drudgery of shilling for Kroenke, without feeling too guilty about leaving the club and fanbase to fend for themselves.

They ended up having to reinstate the post of manager, fire the bum executives and return back to backing an exciting young manager schooled in the arsenal way and dependent on hale end youth.

This is all they have left .. let them feel happy or else they will have to get a rib removed

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He won't let me near his nuts. He's still in tact at 15 months and a very feisty lad. :lol:
Don’t get them chopped for the sake of it. Unless he develops any behavioural problems that might be diminished by castration, then let them swing at least until he’s 6-7. They do put on weight quite soon after castration and that as you know can open the door to other problems, so timing is the key. Castration has been known to increase the chances of prostate cancer in dogs so there is that small risk to consider. Generally I think castration is overrated. Never thought I’d write that sentence in my life :eek:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Hard not to agree with this. I’ve actually been a supporter of Mikel but I never thought we’d win last night and I’d end up with much less faith in him.

The teams (although we lost a couple of them) against Southampton, Wolves and Villa had a nice balance about them and I was starting to see things that I really liked. Then the Leeds game came about. Smith Rowe on the Left despite his good form at 10, but hey got to get Ødegaard in there right! Pepe dropped despite finally showing some good form, nevertheless we won and scored 4.

But we started to become a fancy tippy tappy team with a load of players who just want to pop the ball to each other. He’s pretty much persisted with it since, which suggests, as you and others are alluding to, he’s not learning fast.

Stop ruining the balance of the team so you can put the players you like on, it’s pure arrogance and rubbish management, it’s not helping Smith Rowe either!

Willian is clearly a hill he’s willing to die on, I don’t care if he assisted the equaliser, the decision to bring him on was in no way justifiable given his previous performances for us.

He got lucky last night and he needed a 19 year old to save him. Credit to Auba and Tierney for showing some balls too.

Oh and I actually looked at him celebrating last night and couldn’t help thinking he was celebrating that the Willian change came good, as if he was some tactical genius, rather than the team winning and I thought “you’re a **** mate” :lol: (I realise that’s probably bollocks and it was a heat of the moment thing).
That ordinary pass from Willian that left Tierney a mountain of work to do for his goal has been dressed up and wrapped in ribbons in order to be called an assist by Arteta justifiers. No idea why Pepe and Martinelli are sidelined.

And there's no point in sitting back against teams like this if your counter attack is ponderously slow.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Just be thankful that their incel whining allowed Wenger to finally escape the drudgery of shilling for Kroenke, without feeling too guilty about leaving the club and fanbase to fend for themselves.

They ended up having to reinstate the post of manager, fire the bum executives and return back to backing an exciting young manager schooled in the arsenal way and dependent on hale end youth.

This is all they have left .. let them feel happy or else they will have to get a rib removed
:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That ordinary pass from Willian that left Tierney a mountain of work to do for his goal has been dressed up and wrapped in ribbons in order to be called an assist by Arteta justifiers. No idea why Pepe and Martinelli are sidelined.
This is getting to absurd levels now… Who is actually doing this? Jesus, last night must’ve been brutal for some... Can’t believe some of the stuff I’m reading in here
:rofl:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I'm assuming this post was in relation to me as I was who Trax was responding to.

Throwing around accusations of 'Incel whining' and 'Shilling for Kroenke' is just laughable.

If we're playing Kash2 insult bingo you should have thrown in some Brexit and bent refs references too and called me demented. Those are usually your staples.

I have missed you and your bizarre insults Kash :lol:

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Throwing around accusations of 'Incel whining' and 'Shilling for Kroenke' is just laughable.

If we're playing Kash2 bingo you should have thrown in some Brexit and bent refs references too and called me demented. Those are usually your staples.

I have missed you and your bizarre insults Kash :lol:
Doesn't feel like a kash post with "bum squad" as well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The changes during the game Arteta made were interesting. It was questionable when Arsenal needed goals that he selected Thomas Partey, who had been out for so long, and Willian, who has underperformed for so much of the season, instead of more dynamic routes to goal in Nicolas Pepe, Gabi Martinelli, or perhaps an earlier appearance for Alexandre Lacazette. But Arteta argued that his choices made sense under the circumstances and he reserved particular praise for the composure of Willian, who provided the assist for Tierney. “There wasn’t much space to run in behind, they had a really low block around the 18-yard box so you need people to unlock that in tight spaces,” he explained.
:rofl::lol:

to be clear, the subs worked - not criticising Arteta for that at all but praising that assist is definitely a stretch.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Dont even think it should’ve counted as an assist. But okay. Lol

254Giant

Player:Partey
3rd in the league and 15 points ahead of us., without spending anywhere close to what we have. What a stupid comment.
Leicester are a better run club than us by far. But let's be honest, if Arteta lost to Slavia Praha 2-0 at home with zero goals in both legs this thread would have blood all over it. Many posters on A-M want Rodgers but he's a bit of a bottler tbf. Wouldn't be shocked if he fu*ks up top4 again like last season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dont even think it should’ve counted as an assist. But okay. Lol
Aye, it wasnt that long ago when you’d be called out for being something you’d find in the tread of your sneakers for not acknowledging a dodgy ‘assist’ from Özil... Times have changed though, and all that has been conveniently erased.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Well done, none of those you mention came were English and were pure Hale End products , apart from Wilshere and Gibbs, who were neither consistent (Jack) or any good (Gibbs). Saka and ESR have much better careers ahead of them. I missed Cole actually, so my bad there... Doesn’t change anything though—the lack of acknowledgment or credit is poor.

Go suck a lemon. Last nights result must have hurt you badly. All those essays loaded that you had to delete. Boring agenda fart :lol:

Tbf @Jury is right here, Wenger was not developing players well in the latter era...Jack, Ramsey, Ox, Gnabry all stalled or had major issues under his management. Ramsey and Jack especially would've benefited from a more tactically modern coach (not to mention injury issues endemic to Wenger's outdated approach to training and preparation).

Ox immediately had about triple the progression in one season at Liverpool than he did in 4-5 years at Arsenal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom