• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Laying the groundwork to give him the armband back just as fans return to the grounds :lol:
Honestly, I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, and I'm fully aware that a lot of black blood is here that might make it impossible, but I'll maintain that is what you'd want since he's staying now anyway.

If he's here anyway you'd want this Granit:

44905399-9744967-image-a-11_1625134021385.jpg

not this Granit

granit-xhaka-arsenal.png

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I don't know why Xhaka wants to stay here tbh. He talked about his hurt with the stadium and online abuse. This just feels like a situation that's about to turn ugly. I'm not sure why he's risking it.
That's a great point. It's almost easy to forget that he hasn't played in front of our fans who booed him for what seems like two years now. Oof

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well, then we can only hope our fans are really Arsenal fans and not idiots.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He did seem to really want to leave this summer, to be fair to him...not really his fault Roma were being cheap ****s.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don't know why Xhaka wants to stay here tbh. He talked about his hurt with the stadium and online abuse. This just feels like a situation that's about to turn ugly. I'm not sure why he's risking it.
Cos deep down he knows he can’t do any better than Arsenal. Newcastle, Hertha Berlin, Roma. Come on his level has always been 5th-10th. Maybe if a good CL club was interested he would have bounced but I suspect that wasn’t the case.

There were loads of think pieces and essays regarding the abuse he suffered. I’m not denying it didn’t occur but if they were that bad you would leave. He didn’t and he even took on another contract. I think people overestimated the abuse. It’s abhorrent behaviour but his life or his family’s were never in danger. I think Özil and Kolasanic had more reason to leave after the failed robbery but that rarely gets brought up.

RunTheTrap

He did seem to really want to leave this summer, to be fair to him...not really his fault Roma were being cheap ****s.
I disagree. It’s Arsenal’s fault for overvaluing a mediocre player. He’s 29 years old and his career has been littered with big errors, he’s not much of a creator or defender, and he doesn’t really bring goals. His value was about £15 million in a COVID market.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I disagree. It’s Arsenal’s fault for overvaluing a mediocre player. He’s 29 years old and his career has been littered with big errors, he’s not much of a creator or defender, and he doesn’t really bring goals. His value was about £15 million in a COVID market.

You could be right, but I have already kinda given up on the season, tbh...I can't trust Partey to stay fit anymore, which means our midfield will still be pretty crap no matter what we attempt.

That coupled with our very hard start, means I don't really care what we do right now, sadly.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I’m not denying it didn’t occur but if they were that bad you would leave. He didn’t and he even took on another contract. I think people overestimated the abuse.

His wife was getting death threats to him, her, and their family. Come on, man. He probably chalked it up to anonymous fans pretending to be Arsenal fans or something that helped him put in the back of his mind. We need to figure out a way to stop racist abuse, sexual assault jokes/threats, and threats to players families from online "fans". We also need to do this for in person interactions as well.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Honestly, I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, and I'm fully aware that a lot of black blood is here that might make it impossible, but I'll maintain that is what you'd want since he's staying now anyway.

If he's here anyway you'd want this Granit:

44905399-9744967-image-a-11_1625134021385.jpg

not this Granit

granit-xhaka-arsenal.png
Yeah such a leader that inspires defenders to take penalties before himself

RunTheTrap

Let’s say worst case scenario, Partey is injury-prone for the duration of his Arsenal career. What does that mean for Xhaka? If you can only get the best out of Xhaka when he’s paired next to Partey and Partey is available for 60% of the season, how does that affect Xhaka? To me Xhaka needs a certain type of player to truly excel. No one rates Elneny-Xhaka but Elneny-Partey can at least win big games. If one of your midfielders is dependent on another midfielder being fit, are you getting the best out of them? Would it make more sense to bring in another CM who was less dependent on who is partner is to give good performances

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
It’s not like he has a choice nobody wants him. Stoke for 4m next season is as good as it gets for him if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom