• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 969,403

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
Its true but you know how vital it's get your targets before August? It's not easy i know but it play big part that what Arteta wanted at least but look edu failed again still 5 weeks left before season starts hopefully for 1-2 incoming the money is available.
I wouldn't describe it as a failure not getting Raphinha or Martinez. I think we were always second favourites for both? Raphinha always preferred Barca and we were available if they couldn't come up with the cash and Martinez was most likely going to prefer working with Ten Haag again and getting paid silly wages like half the MUFC squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't describe it as a failure not getting Raphinha or Martinez. I think we were always second favourites for both? Raphinha always preferred Barca and we were available if they couldn't come up with the cash and Martinez was most likely going to prefer working with Ten Haag again and getting paid silly wages like half the MUFC squad.
Yeah these things happened during window I'm not bothered about it in fact I'm glad it didn't take all summer the important who the alternatives. The only dissapointed it's they are our prime targets

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Tough week for us, but if Edu and co. aren't capable enough to have the proper contingency plans, we'd be in deep **** regardless. No club hits 100% of their shots, so it's how we pivot to our secondary targets that'll deem how successful this window is.

A midfielder capable of going directly into the starting XI and an LB capable of immediately competing for a starting spot is a must for me in this window. Ideally another forward as well, but I'd be surprised if we signed starting caliber players for all these positions unless we target another utility player like Zinchenko.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yeah these things happened during window I'm not bothered about it in fact I'm glad it didn't take all summer the important who the alternatives. The only dissapointed it's they are our prime targets
I wasn't massively sold on either, Raphinha's best position is same as Saka and Lisandro's mainly needed to play LB or DM where he's not played regularly. Both seem like outstanding players but maybe square pegs in round holes?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah, that little detail.
Yes it's what important to see what the alternatives. There many good players in market that better than Tavares and a winger better than pepe us wiling spend big on those areas is positive looking for quality additions

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Thing is this places gets bipolar with signings. We miss out on Raphinha and it's all doom and gloom. When Jesus is (finally) confirmed everyone will have their tails up again.

We've signed Vieira, Jesus ( Even though it's not announced yet) and the Brazilian lad. That's £90m splashed already. Pretty much everyone else we've been strongly linked with has a bit about them, occasionally you're going to miss out on one or two. It happens. You're also going to get journalists and ITK's talking absolute tripe about who we're interested in.

Still over 5 weeks till the season starts and then another 3 weeks or so till the window closes. There's no reason to panic at this stage.

We all want signings ASAP but the club need to do their due diligence and make sure the people we move for are the best available option and value for money . We know the money is there these days so I think we can relax for a couple more weeks before we start worrying about being short in positions.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tough week for us, but if Edu and co. aren't capable enough to have the proper contingency plans, we'd be in deep **** regardless. No club hits 100% of their shots, so it's how we pivot to our secondary targets that'll deem how successful this window is.

A midfielder capable of going directly into the starting XI and an LB capable of immediately competing for a starting spot is a must for me in this window. Ideally another forward as well, but I'd be surprised if we signed starting caliber players for all these positions unless we target another utility player like Zinchenko.
It all depend on who the next targets i don't believe they put the basket on Raphinha and Lisandro there must be alternatives not everyone will agree join us

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Martinez was a plan B really. They were interested in a completely different LCB in January. Now we move to plan C :lol:

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
It all depend on who the next targets i don't believe they put the basket on Raphinha and Lisandro there must be alternatives
Yea, this is the key. If they pinned all their hopes on Raphinha and Lisandro without quality backup options, then they are clearly not cut out for the job.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We currently stand with 21 players that I'm sure will be in squad that include new incomings and not include the players are leaving. with 5 subs role and many competition I'm expecting 3-4 more signings.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yes it's what important to see what the alternatives. There many good players in market that better than Tavares and a winger better than pepe us wiling spend big on those areas is positive looking for quality additions
Tavares needs to learn to play in a 4 at the back, I think he's perfectly fine in as a wing back in a 5.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Thing is this places gets bipolar with signings. We miss out on Raphinha and it's all doom and gloom. When Jesus is (finally) confirmed everyone will have their tails up again.
Ehh. The reaction isn't really unjustified in this case, there's been a sharp turn with regard to the transfers of Raphinha and Martínez.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

We've signed Vieira, Jesus ( Even though it's not announced yet) and the Brazilian lad. That's £90m splashed already. Pretty much everyone else we've been strongly linked with has a bit about them, occasionally you're going to miss out on one or two. It happens. You're also going to get journalists and ITK's talking absolute tripe about who we're interested in.

Still over 5 weeks till the season starts and then another 3 weeks or so till the window closes. There's no reason to panic at this stage.

We all want signings ASAP but the club need to do their due diligence and make sure the people we move for are the best available option and value for money . We know the money is there these days so I think we can relax for a couple more weeks before we start worrying about being short in positions.

We need signings here now, though. So, at least for me, the "five weeks away from the season start" is already leaving it a bit too late, seeing as some of these signings are going straight into the spine of the team (or so we hope).

No Chelsea/Man City back to back, so at least the free hit stuff won't really stick unless a lasagna gate happens.

I like that we're being proactive, but I share the concerns some have that the strategy right now feels out the window ever since our other marquee signing is waiting for Barça to call and/or got highjacked, and the maybe CB, perhaps inverted LB or even possibly, conceivably DM seems to favour United on the latest rounds of rumours.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Ehh. The reaction isn't really unjustified in this case, there's been a sharp turn with regard to the transfers of Raphinha and Martínez.

I'm not saying they're not good players but once there's some confirmed interest from us in a player this place hypes them up as if they're world-beaters.

There are other good wingers and CB / LB's around too. It's mildly disappointing but It's not the end of the world.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Let's at least wait until the season starts before having a meltdown.

We all thought last summer window was poor at the time and it turned out anything but.

There are more than 1 target in each position we're looking at I'm certain.
Last summer window was poor though. We conceded more goals and lost more games, Tavares and Lokonga flopped.

We finished behind a Sp**s who were in turmoil for 80% of the season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Last summer window was poor though. We conceded more goals and lost more games, Tavares and Lokonga flopped.

We finished behind a Sp**s who were in turmoil for 80% of the season.

Conte took over in October or November didnt he? Do you stop watching in December?

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom