• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 967,871

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well, thanks for referencing an entirely different conversation, when I wasn't talking about you, but I guess your ego doesn't deal well with insignificance. Good of you to quote the stats again, because I'm clearly incapable of remembering numbers for a few hours despite writing at length about them.

But sure, if you want to believe that Auba would have been our saviour, I can't disavow you of that. Faith is personal after all.
Stick the waffle up your backside mate.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Sp**s are doing well getting their players early, but how many of them would start for Arsenal? Even their new 60m man would be a maybe. Chelsea are trying to buy everyone but so far are just bleeding defenders. Liverpool spent the best part of 100m on a guy with a lot of promise, but have lost one of Europe's best inside forwards for less than they bought the broken Ox for. United have done a great job of losing players, including their most talented midfielder they never worked out how to use, and have nearly completed a reserve left back.

Never understood this point. Every club has different needs, a player might start and improve one club, and be a bench player for another, it doesn't mean the player isn't a good move for the club.

The frustration with Arsenal, at least for me, comes from me not being able to see the plan. To me, it looks like we are wasting funds on positions i don't see as a priority.

For me, we could have signed Bissouma & Tielemans/Ruiz for 50-60m and had 5 quality, experienced CMs to cover 3 positions. I would no longer be worried about injuries to Partey/Xhaka/Ødegaard. Instead, we sign Vieria for 30m, a player who i don't see having an immediate impact. Then, we chase another 40m CB. I want players signed for specific roles and how we play.

TornadoTed

Established Member
So far yes.

It's only July 1st, we have Vieira and Jesus in the bag, both decent players. Ok we have also missed out on a couple but we missed out on Emerson Royal last summer and ended up signing the better player in Tomiyasu.

Decent start, lots of work to be done still.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
So far yes.

It's only July 1st, we have Vieira and Jesus in the bag, both decent players. Ok we have also missed out on a couple but we missed out on Emerson Royal last summer and ended up signing the better player in Tomiyasu.

Decent start, lots of work to be done still.
Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Sp**s will all be considerably better than last season. Maybe even Leicester too. Arsenal, at the moment, won't. We still need 1 or 2 gamechangers.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
For what was realistically available Jesus was a really good signing, happy with that.

We simply have to sign a midfielder to call it a good window though. We can't be going into a season with more games knowing that one injury ruins the midfield. Another wide player has to be signed as well. Saka/Gabi/ESR is not enough.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Never understood this point. Every club has different needs, a player might start and improve one club, and be a bench player for another, it doesn't mean the player isn't a good move for the club.

The frustration with Arsenal, at least for me, comes from me not being able to see the plan. To me, it looks like we are wasting funds on positions i don't see as a priority.

For me, we could have signed Bissouma & Tielemans/Ruiz for 50-60m and had 5 quality, experienced CMs to cover 3 positions. I would no longer be worried about injuries to Partey/Xhaka/Ødegaard. Instead, we sign Vieria for 30m, a player who i don't see having an immediate impact. Then, we chase another 40m CB. I want players signed for specific rules and how we play.
First para - point well made. My primary point is that Sp**s aside, none of our other rivals (City are somewhere else!) have done as much business as us, and the deals Sp**s have done have been easy deals to do.

As for the rest - is the frustration that you can't see the plan or that you disagree with the plan? You say you want "players signed for specific rules and how we play" but while Bissouma is good player, he's a good fit for who we were 2 years ago rather than who we are now. I agree Vieira is a luxury signing based on talent, but lets see how he fits in. Re CM, it seems likely we will buy someone, given the rumours. We know we've had contact with Tielemans, but he may be holding out for the mo for a CL club - I can see that circling round. Ruiz I like a lot, but I know many have concerns about his mobility even more than Tielemans.

I guess I'm just not inclined to panic when the transfer window has longer left than has passed, and most clubs haven't done much business yet.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Sp**s will all be considerably better than last season. Maybe even Leicester too. Arsenal, at the moment, won't. We still need 1 or 2 gamechangers.

A lot of negative assumptions in that post. Utd have got what appears to be a good coach, but who knows how he'll adapt - and so far their squad is weaker than last year. Chelsea are trying to do lots, but so far have only lost players. Also, can Tuchel avoid doing his 3rd season pissing everyone off thing? Sp**s look to be better as things stand, but have still done nothing to address their struggles against deep blocks.

And at the moment, we will be better. We've gained Saliba rather than Mari, have a new centre-forward who can both link play AND run, and have a creative player who could allow us to give Ode or Saka a day off occasionally....even if we do nothing else, we should be improved.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
First para - point well made. My primary point is that Sp**s aside, none of our other rivals (City are somewhere else!) have done as much business as us, and the deals Sp**s have done have been easy deals to do.

As for the rest - is the frustration that you can't see the plan or that you disagree with the plan? You say you want "players signed for specific rules and how we play" but while Bissouma is good player, he's a good fit for who we were 2 years ago rather than who we are now. I agree Vieira is a luxury signing based on talent, but lets see how he fits in. Re CM, it seems likely we will buy someone, given the rumours. We know we've had contact with Tielemans, but he may be holding out for the mo for a CL club - I can see that circling round. Ruiz I like a lot, but I know many have concerns about his mobility even more than Tielemans.

I guess I'm just not inclined to panic when the transfer window has longer left than has passed, and most clubs haven't done much business yet.
I'm not going to panic yet either, but just frustrated. Like i said, Vieira 30m, Lisandro 40m (yes i know it won't happen but the intent was there). Thats 70m on players who won't start. Chelsea are chasing Sterling for 40m. Utd will get De Jong for 60m. These clubs already have 'difference makers' in their squads aswell.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I'm not going to panic yet either, but just frustrated. Like i said, Vieira 30m, Lisandro 40m (yes i know it won't happen but the intent was there). Thats 70m on players who won't start. Chelsea are chasing Sterling for 40m. Utd will get De Jong for 60m. These clubs already have 'difference makers' in their squads already aswell.
I think the reason we won't get Lisandro is as much because we won't go to 40m as anything else. And of course those fees are inflated due to comparatively low wages. Sterling and DeJong's contracts will be as big as their fees at least. As for difference makers already, who are thinking of in those squads. For me Chelsea's best player last season was Reece James until the injuries. United became cripplingly reliant on their aging superstar up front.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The frustration stems from the fact we have a huge key piece missing on midfield that apparently we're taking our sweet time to sign for no discernible reason. To put it in simple terms, if Xhaka-Partey is the best midfield pair we can field after the transfer window, it has been a failure.

For me, we're on track to have a similar window we had last season, where we spent more than 100M and ended up downgrading the team. Decent attempt to do better pursuing Raphinha, but we need one of those to actually happen.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We have Saliba, Vieira, Marquinhos and apparently Jesus as new players. Lost Laca who didn't play much at the end of the season.

Then you take a look that we tried to sign Raphinha (winger), Martinez (defender) and are rumoured about Tielemans (midfielder). That's a lot of money if they plan to improve all those areas.

So yeah, not very worrying at this point of the window. To me it's encouraging.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Sp**s
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea

City boosted past Liverpool because of gaining Haaland and Liverpool losing Mane. Could be an argument for Sp**s being 2nd best in the list as they have 2 world class players there and Liverpool have just 1 elite one.

Big drop after that to us and Chelsea, lets be real both teams have 0 world class attackers but we have more good ones than Chelsea (Jesus beats Havertz, Saka beats Ziyech and Martinelli edges Pulisic with Mount being better than Ødegaard atm).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The more i think about the more i think Zaha and Tielemans will be smart signings 1 year left 2 very experienced quality players and thier wages won't be major factor.

We want winger who ease pressure on Saka and can start as LW too so imo Zaha mane perfect sense i really can't think of anyone as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom