• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I hope arteta suffers insomnia for all the crap he’s done to Arsenal.

I hope anyone who supports him suffers the same. Car crash of a manager.
When Arteta is still here managing us in 2023/2024, I hope you're long gone from this forum. Reading your daily crying has been a chore.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

I’m just trying my hand at @grange and @samspade style posting. The All bluster no substance kind of post that you make regularly.

😆
No need to give you more substance when my stance hasn't changed for over a year and it's been proven correct over time. I said he's going to be here longer than 3 seasons and will probably get an extension. He did. There is nothing more to add other than laugh at you guys in a tizzy.

Kav

Established Member
No need to give you more substance when my stance hasn't changed for over a year and it's been proven correct over time. I said he's going to be here longer than 3 seasons and will probably get an extension. He did. There is nothing more to add other than laugh at you guys in a tizzy.
Where did you say that?

If so you were correct about his tenure but that doesn’t mean it is the right decision to hire him and keep him as a manager by the club. The club’s standards have falling dramatically since his appointment all in the name of some perceived long term project that is yet to see the light of day.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Where did you say that?

If so you were correct about his tenure but that doesn’t mean it is the right decision to hire him and keep him as a manager by the club. The club’s standards have falling dramatically since his appointment all in the name of some perceived long term project that is yet to see the light of day.
In this very thread.. :lol:

The club's standards have fallen for over a half of a decade if not longer. This wasn't some overnight occurrence. Kroenke's have been spending like drunken sailors since taking over full ownership so I do agree that it's time to see results and become legitimate competitors (top 3).

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
You don't follow football then. The clowns Woodward and co have gone.

I'd be far more worried as an Arsenal fan. Micky Tets couldn't even finish 4th when Utd were at their worst and Sp**s had Nuno for some of the season.

We're worried because that's no longer the standard, so it doesn't matter if Arteta does awful, apparently he stays.

Lampard I think survives too

It will probably be Ten Hag, despite no longer having Woodward you still are the least stable club of the big 6.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Honestly Arteta will be okay only because of the World Cup but clubs will be firing managers left right and center by the end of January.
Exactly.

WC season, not getting 100% of targets this summer, key injuries probably, as long as the stadium is full he will be aight man. Saying he is going anytime soon is just silly at this point.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's not getting sacked. 5th gets us CL. That's why his contract was renewed and it's why the Kroenkes have kept spending big despite the relatively little return in performances and results.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Honestly the people getting really annoyed with Arteta, You're targeting the wrong per person / people.

If you appoint a manager with zero management experience it has to be baked into the higher ups expectations that he's learning on the job and it's going to be seen as a long term appointment.

Like when people say that Arteta is getting way more leeway than Arsène or Emery, I mean it's clearly true. He's being graded on a curve based on his experience level. No-one should be shocked by that. That's what you'd expect Kroenke and co to do after appointing him.

If people think that's a bad thing or unacceptable, take it out on the owners. It's clearly a gamble when the project seems to be to appoint a young manager, surround him with young, talented malleable players and let them grow together. I'm moderately pro-Arteta but I'm under no illusions that this project could well fail.

Where I draw the line is the lack of ambition stuff. Arteta is clearly ambitious, maybe overly so. Kroenke is clearly backing him to the hilt financially, that's ambition. This isn't Arsenal treading water anymore, they're blatantly trying to push on.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Exactly.

WC season, not getting 100% of targets this summer, key injuries probably, as long as the stadium is full he will be aight man. Saying he is going anytime soon is just silly at this point.

Happy Premier League GIF by MolaTV

We've done it Lads, another Free-Hit season! Let's hope 2023/2024 is more of the same.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Where I draw the line is the lack of ambition stuff. Arteta is clearly ambitious, maybe overly so. Kroenke is clearly backing him to the hilt financially, that's ambition. This isn't Arsenal treading water anymore, they're blatantly trying to push on.
I have a feeling they will create a massive debt with what they are doing. It's nice to have investments, but eventually, they have to back it up with some results and increased revenue from those. No sales, no CL money and we are spending like crazy ever since Arteta joined, it's a bubble

Latest posts+

Top Bottom