• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gatusso would complete us

va_va_voom

Right, first things first, this isn't based purely on last night. He is a player who has impressed me since I saw him play against England when he scored that 25 yarder to beat us 1-0 in Nov 200(Beckham's first game as captain).

Anyway, I see him as someone who can play the Gilberto Silva role of sitting in front of the defence, pick up loose balls provide protection, whilst letting Paddy do his thang!! Advantages over Gilberto that I see are:

1) He can tackle

2) His range of passing once he has won the ball would give us yet another attacking dimension

3) He isn't like your usual Italian in that he wouldn't need an age to adjust to English football. He likes getting stuck in and would probably walk into any midfield in England.

4) He's already tasted British football and had a good spell at Rangers until he fell out with **** Advocaat. (ok, before anyone jumps on my back, I know the SPL isn't the EPL, but he's proved his quality at Milan.)

5) He has just turned 26 in January so we'd still get his best years.

A couple of things that maybe go against him is that he is quite short so not the best in the air, plus would probably cosst a bit, if Milan were willing to sell?

I expect a lot of people to start saying we dont need another centre mid as we have Edu & Gilberto. But neither have done it on a consistent basis over a season. Maybe Edu will, maybe Gilberto will improve his passing and become a more complete midfielder, I dont know.

For me, Gattuso is a player who we could bring in and improve the side.

lewdikris

Established Member
.... I really, really doubt Milan would ever sell him. He's become their heartbeat. Seedorf, however, was linked to us at the weekend in the Italian press - he rarely stays in one place very long, but tends to bring success wherever he goes...

va_va_voom

I agree it would take a lot to prise him away from Milan, but maybe he is ready for a challenge at this stage of his career having won the Champions League once.

Seedorf has still got it, but I dont think he'd fit our system. If you look at our midfield and forwards, the only one who seems dispensible is Gilberto / Edu (depending on who's playing). I'm not convinced Seedorf would fill that role without having a detrimental effect on the rest of the midfield. It would be good to see him in an Arsenal shirt however.

I think the fact we are ebven considering being linked with these types of players once again underlines just how far we've come.

Kyla

I think Seedorf's overrated. Gattuso- didn't mind that suggestion till you said he played for Rangers ;)

Gunner4life09

i wouldn't mind Gattuso to come to Arsenal and i am sure many Managers would like him too, but its if Milan will sell him.

Split

va_va_voom said:
Split said:
Why do we need Gattuso when we have Edu?

You funny guy you!!

I'm serious! We have Edu, Vieira, Gilberto, Freddie, Romford and Cesc to play in Midfield so why buy Gattuso.

I another defender would complete us!

wiltord11

lewdikris said:
.... I really, really doubt Milan would ever sell him. He's become their heartbeat. Seedorf, however, was linked to us at the weekend in the Italian press - he rarely stays in one place very long, but tends to bring success wherever he goes...

i would love to see seedorf at arsenal hes range of passing is great he can pick outa pass reall easily and watched him against juve and he looked great made goal and scored one but we have loads of midfielders now but still would like to see him here

thegame24

Established Member
Yea i like edgar davids.

As for Seedorf where will he play? he is too attacking to be in CM isnt he?

AFCG7

Established Member
Seedorf overrated?
I dont think so.. he deserves all the praise he gets now..especially since he joined Inter, and then AC Milan.. he has been consistently good over the last 2 years

dsurg

i really think of Seedorf or Gattuso the latter is better for us...though seedorf is really a good player..I wouldnt want arsenal to join the list of clubs he's played for cos he's been around and I'm certain he isn't a wenger type player( young explosive, great in the tackle at least for the postion he is been considered for) Gattuso on the other hand fits the bill perfectly. sticky point is Milan wont sell

A

Anonymous

gattusso is a class player. he would relise playing in the EPL.

ideal foil for big PAT.

Above all he is a tiger and never gives up the ball like the ****e Gilberto.

Gilberto is a hinderance to the Arsenal, as he always gives up the ball in dangerous positions, hence PAT coming back to clearup his mistakes

Man, i hate the bastard. :shock:

kazu

therock said:
gattusso is a class player. he would relise playing in the EPL.

ideal foil for big PAT.

Above all he is a tiger and never gives up the ball like the s***e Gilberto.

Gilberto is a hinderance to the Arsenal, as he always gives up the ball in dangerous positions, hence PAT coming back to clearup his mistakes

Man, i hate the bastard. :shock:

haha! yeah, i have to agree that gilberto really gets on my nerves especially in tight games like tonight... he tries hard but.. nevermind... not giving up on him completely yet, just hope that edu and ljungberg keeps him out of the starting lineup... :wink:

as for gattuso, i say it is impossible for us to sign him... too bloody expensive!!

seanconvey66

Ive been saying this for abt 2 years!!!!!!! But no chance, no top Italian leaves Italy (ecept Zola, who was on the bench at Parma.) and y leave Milan!

Latest posts

Top Bottom