• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
No, I dont think its a silly post at all. Its an extrapolation of what I've seen here over the years. You are in your right to disagree with me of course.

I've said many times ,there is a personal issue with Arteta, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Heck, you have made your feelings clear on the subject. The personal issue (or support in the opposite case) extends to the pro brigade as well. Anything and everything that makes him look good.

The extrapolation comes from the level of emotion that this guy generates in people, hence my conclusions.

Do you think @Makingtrax will celebrate us going unbeaten for a season or surpassing 90 points this year. I dont think so. Why? Because its personal.

Do you think @drippin will celebrate or admit to Arsenal doing the right thing, if Arteta went on a fifteen run losing streak after the world cup and lost his job thereafter? I dont think so. Why? Because its personal.

You're reaching here, SA.

In both cases, might I add. And by a seriously large amount.

People have mostly moved on from any of this and yet it keeps being brought back up. Aside from people who should be on everybody's ignore list, everyone is happy with out season.

I'd wager that not a single person would seriously complain if we over achieved and somehow won the title aside from normal forum banter or the aformentioned ignorables.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That's why Im telling you right now, there will be complaints if we hit records this season.

But with half a season, 1 loss, 1 draw what credible complaints have you seen now?

For me the biggest concern I've seen is will Arteta get more money to spend. Even with that, there is a collective approval of Arteta's recruitment and not a complaint.

Speaking for myself the only Arteta debates I get into now is revisionism of his dark days, ongoing beefs or discussions like this where one Arteta fan assumes some are too blinded to celebrate the club, which is nonsense for anyone who logs onto an Arsenal forum every day.

As far as Arteta himself, he's improved most areas where I had a problem with him so those are not really the discussions I try to have anymore. I dunno, think you are massively reaching here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think @SA Gunner post is kinda right, tbh.

I would be slightly annoyed ngl, if I see Arsenal go unbeaten again and get 91 points or more (bar if we become an oil club in the future, then it doesn't really count anyway) and I say that as someone who is a big fan of Arteta.

Would love to see us win the league again, but I don't want to see any other Arsenal team eclipse what we did with the Invincibles to be honest.

The playing squad, coaches, boardroom staff and stadium we had in 2004...is what I will always associate as being The Arsenal, I want them to always remain the best ever Arsenal team achievement wise as I think everyone at the club then deserves it.

I imagine others feel this way, tbh... football fandom is about which players/managers you like the most and want them to be as successful as possible.

I have already said that I don't ever want to see anyone score more goals for Arsenal than Thierry Henry, as he is my GOAT and I never want to see him behind anyone here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think @SA Gunner post is kinda right, tbh.

I would be slightly annoyed ngl, if I see Arsenal go unbeaten again and get 91 points or more (bar if we become an oil club in the future, then it doesn't really count anyway) and I say that as someone who is a big fan of Arteta.

Would love to see us win the league again, but I don't want to see any other Arsenal team eclipse what we did with the Invincibles to be honest.

The playing squad, coaches, boardroom staff and stadium we had in 2004...is what I will always associate as being The Arsenal, probably I want them to always remain the best ever Arsenal team achievement wise as I think everyone at the club them deserves it.

I imagine others feel this way, tbh... football fandom is about which players/managers you like the most and want them to be as successful as possible.

Your reasoning for it is completely different though.

For you, it seems, it'd be down to you being nostalgic or having a much more romantic view of what we should be or should aspire to be as a club, it's Arsène's "legacy", so to speak.

It wouldn't be because of a beef you have with Arteta.

Riou

It wouldn't be because of a beef you have with Arteta.

As long as Don Arteta wins us the league with 89 points or less while unbeaten, then I will be fine with him!

God help Mikel if he gets even 1 more point than that though, I will turn very quickly then 😅

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This is like being annoyed at Giroud being close to leaving Henry in the dust for France all-time scorer.

Everyone who has seen both knows who the mercurial legendary player is, nobody joined or ever watched Arsenal because of Giroud. Why can't one man's achievements be seen in isolation? or in context with what happened around it?

If Benzema wasn't blackmailing people or injured, his international career wouldn't have even been a thing.

This is Arteta's time, whatever he does especially with all the backing and time he's been afforded is not a slight on anybody. Except for the thirsty that is.

Riou

This is like being annoyed at Giroud being close to leaving Henry in the dust for France all-time scorer.

Everyone who has seen both knows who the mercurial legendary player is, nobody joined or ever watched Arsenal because of Giroud. Why can't one man's achievements be seen in isolation? or in context with what happened around it?

If Benzema wasn't blackmailing people or injured, his international career wouldn't have even been a thing.

This is Arteta's time, whatever he does especially with all the backing and time he's been afforded is not a slight on anybody. Except for the thirsty that is.

Maybe, but it's just how I feel about Arsenal...I loved everything about our 2004 team, want it to always be seen as our "number 1"

Plus it's not like Arteta and our players (or any future managers and squads) can't be successful, or I hope they fail.

I just don't want to see them go unbeaten, I still want to see them win loads of trophies here (if possible!)

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Maybe, but it's just how I feel about Arsenal...I loved everything about our 2004 team, want it to always be seen as our "number 1"

Plus it's not like Arteta and our players (or any future managers and squads) can't be successful, or I hope they fail.

I just don't want to see them go unbeaten, I still want to see them win loads of trophies here (if possible!)

You ever heard Thierry speak on this? I like his take on it anyways and if he's not bothered then I have no right to be.

I think the right team going unbeaten is ultimately good for the game. This version of Arsenal (or Pool when they came close) would be those teams in my opinion.

Riou

I also don't think any United fans who experienced their Treble in 1999, would want to see them do it again either...they wouldn't want to dilute that slightly by having another manager other than Fergie have that honour for them.

You can still wish your team to win, but deep down I feel everyone wants to keep their "favs" in a little category all to themselves.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I also don't think any United fans who experienced their Treble in 1999, would want to see them do it again either...they wouldn't want to dilute that slightly by having another manager other than Fergie have that honour for them.

You can still wish your team to win, but deep down I feel everyone wants to keep their "favs" in a little category all to themselves.
What you on about? The world moves on, new fans come etc. There are Utd fans who’ll give an arm and leg to win everything. Most Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc fans have no connection to Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho now.

I love Wenger but I want Arteta or whoever, to win everything. If anything, us winning major titles is part of the story that started when we moved stadium.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I think the trick here is to realise that you don’t need to be “objective” about favouritism. In fact that statement probably doesn’t even make sense. You don’t need to justify your favourites. We probably feel the need to around here specifically just because we’re constantly asked to justify our opinions by a blood thirsty mob but we shouldn’t need to. I don’t care if Tets wins all 38 games next season, for me Wenger and his Invinvibles will always be my favourite, just because of what it meant to me at that point in my life.

You don’t need to “put them in a box” and label it with 90 points. Let them out the box and let them rule as (benevolent) Kings. They were the best and will always be the best. Why? Just because, that’s why.

Riou

What you on about? The world moves on, new fans come etc. There are Utd fans who’ll give an arm and leg to win everything. Most Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc fans have no connection to Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho now.

I love Wenger but I want Arteta or whoever, to win everything. If anything, us winning major titles is part of the story that started when we moved stadium.

I think logically, you and Nacho are probably the right way to think.

But I am an emotional type, a cross I happily bear 😅

Riou

I think the trick here is to realise that you don’t need to be “objective” about favouritism. In fact that statement probably doesn’t even make sense. You don’t need to justify your favourites. We probably feel the need to around here specifically just because we’re constantly asked to justify our opinions by a blood thirsty mob but we shouldn’t need to. I don’t care if Tets wins all 38 games next season, for me Wenger and his Invinvibles will always be my favourite, just because of what it meant to me at that point in my life.

You don’t need to “put them in a box” and label it with 90 points. Let them out the box and let them rule as (benevolent) Kings. They were the best and will always be the best. Why? Just because, that’s why.

simpsons-i-wish-to-subscribe-to-your-newsletter.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No, I dont think its a silly post at all. Its an extrapolation of what I've seen here over the years. You are in your right to disagree with me of course.

I've said many times ,there is a personal issue with Arteta, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Heck, you have made your feelings clear on the subject. The personal issue (or support in the opposite case) extends to the pro brigade as well. Anything and everything that makes him look good.

The extrapolation comes from the level of emotion that this guy generates in people, hence my conclusions.

Do you think @Makingtrax will celebrate us going unbeaten for a season or surpassing 90 points this year. I dont think so. Why? Because its personal.

Do you think @drippin will celebrate or admit to Arsenal doing the right thing, if Arteta went on a fifteen run losing streak after the world cup and lost his job thereafter? I dont think so. Why? Because its personal.
Disappointed that you’ve singled me out in that way. Unlike a lot of this forum under Arsène, I never posted about wanting us to lose matches ever. And always celebrated wins in the match threads under every manager. Shocking post.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom