• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaz

OMG what the hell!? gilberto is class man! what you saying? theres a reason he plays regularly for brazil.

sabret00the

Established Member
Both Gilberto and Edu are class, hence why they both play internationals, however despite Gilberto being the better of the two, due to Edu's versatility and ability to tackle hard not to mention shoot, he's the higher regarded and most wanted of the duo. however Gilberto is one of the best holding midfielders of the premiership and we'd be stuck without him. if we signed carrick i'd say let him go but we didn't and thus flopped.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Carrick is not a defensive midfielder in the Gilberto mould so quite why you say you would sell Gilberto for him I am unsure of.

Also if Edu is versatile, where can he play? CM? So can Gilberto. On the left? We already have Pires, Clich, RvP, Reyes, and maybe even Ryan Smith there.

As for the shooting abilities I feel Gilberto also has a shot.

One thing that Edu has in his favour is the fact he is left footed, so would give our centre more symmetry. But Gilberto would allow Vieira to get foward and would give good cover for our defence and is a valuable asset to this team. He should not be as under rated as he is.

Mark

Established Member
We are fine in the CM department. I don't want to see any of those players leave. If one of them were to leave, I see Wenger getting Yaya Toure at some point.

Ori

shaz said:
OMG what the hell!? gilberto is class man! what you saying? theres a reason he plays regularly for brazil.

I wouldnt call it regularly and he isnt playing in Arsenal regularly this season for sure. he's average , he's doin his job alright but not more than that.

lee1001

Established Member
Ori said:
shaz said:

I wouldnt call it regularly and he isnt playing in Arsenal regularly this season for sure. he's average , he's doin his job alright but not more than that.

Are you mad? Giberto is better than average.

First choice for the best international team in the world (Brazil) and first choice for the best club team in the world (Arsenal). Yeah, he must be average!

Sorry mate, your wrong!

kNiteMare

LoL not this debate again. Ori, Gilberto IS first choice in the team, when the only time he isnt is when he is injured i.e. now. You would've think Wenger would pick such an average player over Edu and put him in one of the best midfield in the world atm.

btw, there is no way we can sell Edu for even 3mil euro, with just 8 months of his contract to go and he can enter pre contract in January. Let's just hope that someone in EPL would buy him or some teams (i.e. Barcelona if rumour to be believed) have an injury crisis and are forced to buy a replacement in January.

Also, Edu is not a bad or average player in any mean. No avergae player can get into the Brazillian team imo, and that purple patch last year means he can actually play very well, so the question should be whether he can maintain that level of performance, which cannot be answered atm because we havnt seen him done that.

weelip

Seriously Gilberto seems to be the Most Underated player here of all time. HE IS CLASS. Period.

He gives much more assurance to the team than Edu does (except the time when he is playing at right midfield).

I agree with the guys saying that Edu should the one leaving. His heart does not seems to be with us anymore. Seems like he is demanding for a $60,000 pounds per week pay bracket. Certainly a good way to either hold us to ransom or to hold out for a big paycheck whe he moves free to another club.

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpa ... sid=131295

Jinn

Established Member
Edu's making all the wrong noises to want to stay here. Arseblog has a nice summary of his quotes:
* "I respect Arsenal and I won't say I would like to play for Barcelona because tomorrow all the papers will report on this, it's happened to me before."
* "What's attractive about Barcelona is not just the club, there's the city, the climate....lots of things."
* "I am an Arsenal player and I have a contract although from January I can negotiate my future freely if we don't agree to renew."
* Speaking about a possible move in the transfer window he said "First they must come to an agreement between themselves (Arsenal and Barcelona), until then I can wait."

Doesn't seem he's all that enthusiastic about signing a new contract.

jasonlohkh

Jinn said:
Edu's making all the wrong noises to want to stay here. Arseblog has a nice summary of his quotes:
* "I respect Arsenal and I won't say I would like to play for Barcelona because tomorrow all the papers will report on this, it's happened to me before."
* "What's attractive about Barcelona is not just the club, there's the city, the climate....lots of things."
* "I am an Arsenal player and I have a contract although from January I can negotiate my future freely if we don't agree to renew."
* Speaking about a possible move in the transfer window he said "First they must come to an agreement between themselves (Arsenal and Barcelona), until then I can wait."

Doesn't seem he's all that enthusiastic about signing a new contract.

Good news for us :D :D
We can now go for Mascherano who i think is better then Edu.
It takes Edu 4/5 years to stamp his mark in the first team and only performs excellently last season. If he think he is bigger than the club then he is welcome to leave the club.
I bet he will not near his last season again in Barca. No one that has leave Arsenal performs better than his time in Arsenal.

Ori

kNiteMare said:
LoL not this debate again. Ori, Gilberto IS first choice in the team, when the only time he isnt is when he is injured i.e. now. You would've think Wenger would pick such an average player over Edu and put him in one of the best midfield in the world atm.

btw, there is no way we can sell Edu for even 3mil euro, with just 8 months of his contract to go and he can enter pre contract in January. Let's just hope that someone in EPL would buy him or some teams (i.e. Barcelona if rumour to be believed) have an injury crisis and are forced to buy a replacement in January.

Also, Edu is not a bad or average player in any mean. No avergae player can get into the Brazillian team imo, and that purple patch last year means he can actually play very well, so the question should be whether he can maintain that level of performance, which cannot be answered atm because we havnt seen him done that.

I still think we're looking much better with Fabregas next to Vieira and not with Gilberto. we're scoring more goals and playing a better football.

weelip

Ori said:
kNiteMare said:

I still think we're looking much better with Fabregas next to Vieira and not with Gilberto. we're scoring more goals and playing a better football.

I would like the kid to play too. Unfortunately he could not grow up fast enough.

Remember that he is in an age where injuries when they come, might plague him(remember Ali or Steven Gerard to a certain extent). I thought that until he grows up and develop his physique(maybe in 2-3 seasons), we should exercise caution on playing him.

baccy_man

Established Member
Edu will be makeing a big mistake if he leaves Arsenal . there have been better players than him leave Arsenal. and live to regret that they left E.G. Manu Petit. Marc Overmars. just to name two
and as for him wanting £60,000 a week he must be in dream land he does not hold a regular place in the team to even think about a pay packet of that size.

weelip

baccy_man said:
Edu will be makeing a big mistake if he leaves Arsenal . there have been better players than him leave Arsenal. and live to regret that they left E.G. Manu Petit. Marc Overmars. just to name two
and as for him wanting £60,000 a week he must be in dream land he does not hold a regular place in the team to even think about a pay packet of that size.

I think the truth is that he does not wants to play for us anymore. Which is why he is delaying for time by asking for a ridiculous pay. He probably wants to earn his probably one and only chance for a big payday. :roll:

Ziontrain

weelip said:
Seriously Gilberto seems to be the Most Underated player here of all time. HE IS CLASS. Period.

Truer words have never been said. Gilberto is not offensively skilled (he is a converted center back after all), but he does an immense amout of hole-pluging and damage limitation. Even if Gilberto has to make a professional foul, he does just enough to stop the play, but not enough to tee off the ref and get carded or ejected.

In fact last week, when Edu gave up an easy goal in the CL game, I was thinking to myself that the defensive midfield hole where Edu was missing was exactly the spot that Gilberto is so masterful at blocking. As they say: "you dont know what you've got until its gone"!

Edu has his qualities to be sure. However, if the decision was up to me, I'd sell Edu, take part of that cash and give Gilberto a pay raise! That guy is steathily becoming irreplacable for the team.

Ori

I see that most of you people prefer Gilberto over Edu. most of you want Edu to be sold as fast as they can. I'm sure in one thing. after we saw Fabregas' qualities one of them has to go.
Edu liked with Barca. the question is will he leave ?...

_scorpion_

Established Member
I've said it from the start....Gilberto is one of the most important players in our side.

Id like to see Fabregas brought in slowly ....and the idea of signing Maschareno as a replacement for Edu has merit.....eventually Fabregas and Maschareno will be our CM's once PAddy and Gil finish up.

Ori

TIFANNY said:
I hope he won't leave Arsenal! I think he's a great player!

who's he? Gilberto or Edu? because most of the people here want Edu to leave.
the question right now is who do u want to leave? Gilbero, Edu or none of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom