• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalfury

I he leaves, we're gonna have a massive headache on our hands to replace him. Look at the statistics! We have only lost ONCE with him in our side. And frankly, there aren't many players that do his job available on the market now.

quattro

if he leaves we better get ready to play without any experienced center midfielders seeing as we're flogging all of them off.

siddharth

luma said:
If they gave us riquelme and with Hleb coming they should be competition for places now

yeah , sign another attacking mid in return for gilberto so that he can compete with Hleb :roll:.

P.S : Will the mods please delete the ****ing useless and locked threads ?.I haven't seen such a thing in any other forums. I understand if you keep locked threads like the Hleb and robinho one but the ones created by the Gala muppets and other such useless threads should deleted as soon as possible.

Ratinho

Established Member
Erm, I think there capable on their own bud.

Infact, considering the clean up job they had to do after yesterday, it's pretty neat and tidy in here tbh.

regele

Established Member
I don't want any money, just give us Diarra in exchange and we'll be fine :p, otherwise NO.

Mckenna

How about a swap deal Mr Aulas, Diarra for Gilberto? LOL.

I disagree Wenger14, I think we would survive Gilberto's loss and come out the other side better for it. We would have to make a replacement signing, for we cannot, I repeat, cannot rely on Flams and Song alone, but with the right new player, we'd be fine.

If we sold Gilberto and bought someone in the style of Mascherano we could be far better off.

I say this because Gilberto, whatever his defensive strengths, can look a liability when he has the ball in his possession or when he's passing. What I want is a DM who can do both the Gilberto defensive job while also introducing passing ability and sensible play to the position, someone along the line of Makelele, and Mascherano could be that player.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Gilberto and know he's been a big part of Arsenal's growth this year, but equally he's a player who can be improved on, and providing the right offer came in, I'd let him go. But we must sign a replacement.

Paddy from Sweden

Aulas was visiting the Lyon players in the Brazil squad and took time to discuss a potential move with Gilberto.

Wouldn't that constitute as an illegal approach? :roll:

Arnie

Only if we are getting Diarra, or if we are sure to be getting Hargreaves.

He's too big to be sold with no replacement.

Selling big players to Lyon, embarrassing!!!

Wenger14

Established Member
Mckenna said:
How about a swap deal Mr Aulas, Diarra for Gilberto? LOL.

I disagree Wenger14, I think we would survive Gilberto's loss and come out the other side better for it. We would have to make a replacement signing, for we cannot, I repeat, cannot rely on Flams and Song alone, but with the right new player, we'd be fine.

If we sold Gilberto and bought someone in the style of Mascherano we could be far better off.

I say this because Gilberto, whatever his defensive strengths, can look a liability when he has the ball in his possession or when he's passing. What I want is a DM who can do both the Gilberto defensive job while also introducing passing ability and sensible play to the position, someone along the line of Makelele, and Mascherano could be that player.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Gilberto and know he's been a big part of Arsenal's growth this year, but equally he's a player who can be improved on, and providing the right offer came in, I'd let him go. But we must sign a replacement.

Oh I agree, we can improve on Gilberto. I was thinking more in terms of squad depth than anything.

By selling him, we're just reducing numbers in an area where, IMO, we already are short in.

Keep Gilberto, and bring in another DM. In an Ideal world ofcourse.

Gilberto/X/Song, Cesc/Flamini/Diaby. Flamini as 5th choice and Song well I hope he doesn't come anywhere near our first team anytime soon.

sabret00the

Established Member
Bert's departure can only make our first team stronger, it won't improve our squad, but it could force through reputable established replacements, like Mascherano or some old duddy French dude who plays in Lique 2.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gunner87 said:
Sell him IF we can replace him with Mascherano, Andrea Pirlo or a DM converted Yaya. Otherwise: NO!
huh?

Mascherano = grit.
Pirlo = cesc job
Yaya = overrated.

Can we leave the clueless posts in the dump please.

What about De Rossi people, any chance of the Italian scandal bringing him our way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom