• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
Gilberto will not be sold. wenger isnt crazy. out team is very young. while thats a good thing, we also have to remember that Gilberto is one of the few very experienced heads in the Arsenal squad. he's a world cup winner and a seasoned professional. we need people like that in the team and while Gilberto had a poor season last term, he is a big asset to our club and must be kept. wenger has always kept faith in him and i believe this is just lyon wishing. thats all it is. the center of our midfield needs to be augmented, not further handicapped. selling gilberto would be handicapping our midfield.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Maybe our Champions League performances and our awesome new stadium has made Diarra change his mind about a potential move to Arsenal? Well one can hope.

longrufus

Established Member
I was thinking along the same lines Gurjit, but to be honest i think its simply optimisim influencing my judgement.

To be honest i would be prepared to let Gilberto go, yes we would lose an expeirenced player, but Diarra is also very expeirenced.

Some people think we should keep Gilberto and bring another DM in. Easier said than done really. Lets not forget Gilberto would maybe want a move, he is at a time in his career when he wants to be playing regular first team football, and Lyon are a great team. I look at it that we would be in a better position after than before the move. Simple

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I don't understand why Lyon would be interested in Gilberto. Even if they lose Diarra, they still have more then enough quality midfielders.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
If they sell Diarra, then Lyon will still have, Juninho, Toulalan, Pedretti, Tiago and Kallstrom. They have also been strongly linked with Makoun. I think Lyon should focus their efforts on signing a world class striker.

Artillero

I think they have signed Makoun already.

We cant let Gilberto go as not the best player but vital to Arsenals set up. I believe he has played a huge part in Cescs development.

Bazza19

i think its obvious to keep gilberto seems we didnt buy him for much and he is more valued in our squad then the money ud get for him and id prefare him more then the money hungry diarra

junialum

Sorry but what is ACN?

I'll like both Diarra and Gilberto to be at Arsenal. Diarra to take over Gilb when he retires which is about 2 or 3 seasons' time. And we have no real cover for Gilb, its worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom