• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry and Ruud not in H. Larsson's league?

Soler

Established Member
"Rangers' former Manchester United and Blackburn defender has played against just about every top striker in recent years and insists only Alan Shearer is on Larsson's level when it comes to finding the net on a consistent basis."

That's a valid point, but our boy would have an astronomical amount of goals if didn't set so many up. But Larsson loses credibility because he's never played in a 'top three' league: Spain, Italy or England.

Alexone234

Larsson is a very good player but think about how many goals TH would have scored in Scotland. 50 or so????

VCC

Personally I don't think he actually said Henry isn't better than Larsson. I think he was just saying RvN and Henry haven't established themselves as goal scorers over their careers rather than a few years. Which is weird because they can't really do that unless they continue to score goals at their current rate well into their 30s.

As for Larsson, he is a great player, but wow, all those games against teams like Hibs...

Mark

Established Member
Larsson has been a great player but he's been playing in Scotland which is far from one of the top leagues.

A

Anonymous

what a load of rubbish

Larsson could score the dutch league , and just because he scores in the scottish league on a regular basis does not make him better then henry and rvn

just look at rvn return since joining united- amazing. henry's too

larssoon probably couldn't get 10+ a season in the EPL

Jinn

Established Member
Of course they're not in the same league.

SPL.

Premier League.

ie. Different leagues.

:|

Gunner4life09

what a load of crap.

i bet any manager in the world would rather have Henry or RvN in there team than Larsson. the only reason Larsson scores so many goals is that he's in the SPL. if Henry or RvN go there they would score 60+ goals a season.

sean

charlie nicholas scored over 50 goals in one season for celtic.
for arsenal he averaged about 12 in all competitions a year.

his ratio went down by 4 games a goal between the scottish and english league.

the only decent defender i see in scotland at center back is balbi at his own club.

the rest would all struggle with the pace and power in the premiership , just the same as they struggle against lesser lights in scotland.

larson would score goals down south , but being realistic, nowhere near as many.

ruud only has the briefist sniff at goal yesterday and that was in the 85th min before he got his first chance.

Top Bottom