• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

does lauren even understand the meaning of "together&qu

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

vin de guerre said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14100322%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=title%2dfight-name_page.html

If this is true then it puts a different light on things as Titi and Lauren brawl in tunner after match!

I posted last night to the effect that Thierry looked tired last 10-15 minutes; he must have been halucinating as well!

Sure Lauren should have made the pass earlier to feet but the cross, when it came, left Thierry with a virtually open goal so he's hardly in a position to complain IMHO.

jeromelee

Is it true?

Don't mean to add fuel to fire, but if the article is true

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm ... _page.html

On a brawl between Henry and Lauren then I must say that Henry's reaction was not necessary. Never the less, all great players are hot headed. Like Cantona or Gazza etc. I just hope this reaction does not destroy the team morale.

But Henry really shouldn't have done that if it's true. He's still one of the greatest footballers ever and IMO this does not change my opinion of him.

Just hope he learns to cool down and not let the pressure get to him. I'm sure he's feeling it really strongly now. You can see that almost every game he's in he's man marked and man handled by at least 2 jokers and they usually have no qualms in picking up a yellow or two just to thwart him. It must be really frustrating for him especially since in that occasion he managed to break free from 2 goons and was open and Lauren decided to try his luck instead of playing it square to him. However, if you read my other thread (titled:- Aftermath of MU game), I didn't blame Lauren for it either.

Hold together boys and girls. Arsenal needs us to be united now more than ever!!! Lets not start beating them up for playing with so much passion for the team they love. GO GUNNERS GO!!!!

Aussie

Established Member
Football is a passionate game. In the heat of the momment in a big game anything can happen. Kiss and make up lads ;D

quattro

if they did trade a few lumps, im thinking thats the best way to get the heat out. they'll get over it. i just hope they didn't injure one another!

flotz

i dont understand what's your problem with lauren who played superbly yesterday.
football is a game of quick decision, and lauren isnt really the clynical finisher type of player so it took him a little bit time to decide apparently the wrong decision but how many wrong decision there is on a single game
and another thing, im not sure lauren saw henry and if he would have looked to find other teamates maybe he would have lost control of the ball i dont know
anyway lauren was superb yesterday and everyone misses chances

macardi

Sammer said:
Funny that Lauren is the target now for some people on the board here.

Lauren had a very good game - and let´s not forget about his excellent game against Chelsea last week.

So whenever an Arsenal player makes a mistake, we (called "fans") go round this board to bash them???

if you would have read my posts, you would have realised that i was not bashing lauren and was pointing out the mistake he made which costed us the game. on henry not shooting to score, forget that cause he made it up in the end with that fantastic strike. please guys dont assume that i am bashing lauren, as i said before he did too many good things for us this season and he was just unlucky with that one.

on the last note, freddy was playing under par and i also felt he should have score when pirez game him that nice pass on the middle.

vin de guerre

Marcardi you may not have intended to "bash" Lauren when you started this thread but it did not come over that way. It just shows you how careful you have to be with your thoughts and transfering them to others.
Just ask Arsène about his unbeaten statement last season! ;D

The Mini

Lauren is considerd a target probably he is one of our weak links this season. He's still had many excellent performances, but less than most of the rest of our regulars.

macardi

vin de guerre said:
Marcardi you may not have intended to "bash" Lauren when you started this thread but it did not come over that way. It just shows you how careful you have to be with your thoughts and transfering them to others.
Just ask Arsène about his unbeaten statement last season! ;D

yeah i understand and also remember i started the thread yesterday after the game and it was also on the heat of the moment. if lauren is reading this please accept my apology with the comments i made last night.

some people saying we aint arsenal supporters, well i have been supporting them for 10 years since i was 10, and it has been an honour to support arsenal. and i also think no one in here loves arsenal more than me. (the same can be said by every arsenal supporter in my opinion)

pamilih

Lauren is our weakest point now, to be honest. He failed to mark Saha effectively hence the equaliser. This is perhaps the source of Henry's frustration above everything else.

sean

lauren is not a weal link in the arsenal set up.

he is pivotal to the way arsenal play.

he played against duff and giggs 2 weeks running and cannot remember an occasion he was actually beaten by skill or got past by either of them.

his anticipation , jumping in front of them on many occasions showed his fine reading of the game , without resorting to fouling excett on one occasion yesterday, john o shea i think and he did the right thing with a little ankle tap to break up play.

so he missed a chance at the end.
IMO he did the right thing to shoot, so he missed , all players miss.

find me a better football playing right back in the premeirship who can defensdlike lauren and i will call you a liar.

steven carr maybe a year or so ago but his injurys have curtailed him a lot since his return.

both cole and lauren have adapted well now to there roles , defending much better, tucking in when needed and reading and anticpating where the balls are going to go.

this only comes with games under the belt in the full back position.

bring another full back in to replace lauren and i guarantee you will upset the back 4 and the unit will leak unexpected goals.

lauren is doing a fantastic job at right back, and if anybody thinks he is a weak link you do not know your football.

vin de guerre

macardi said:
some people saying we aint arsenal supporters, well i have been supporting them for 10 years since i was 10, and it has been an honour to support arsenal. and i also think no one in here loves arsenal more than me. (the same can be said by every arsenal supporter in my opinion)

Nobody is saying that by slagging a player it negates your right to call yourself a Gooner. What we are saying about the slagging/bashing is that it getting out of control on this forum. We all want only one thing: Arsenal to win every single cup on offer, all the time and in the style we are now accustomed to.
We are against the negativity that is seeping into the forum.

Sammer

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
This is unbelievable from some of you people.

A few days ago it was Lehmann. A week ago it was Henry OF ALL PEPOPLE!! Two weeks ago it was Gilberto, before that Cygan. Now Lauren. I REALLY hope none of our players ever read this because they should be completely ashamed to have supporters like this bashing them every five seconds.

Grow up some of you, and just be thankful these people play for our club when they could quite easily piss off to a club with a lot more money.

Pathetic.

Spot on, MAD JENS !

"Growing up" hits the spot - some people here on the forum act like a bunch of immature adolescents

Mark

Established Member
Bad news is, I'm not sure if you already knew about this, but I read in TheGame that Henry and Lauren had to be seperated in the tunnel. I'll try to find this article online, but that really doesn't sound good.

vin de guerre

Mark said:
Bad news is, I'm not sure if you already knew about this, but I read in TheGame that Henry and Lauren had to be seperated in the tunnel. I'll try to find this article online, but that really doesn't sound good.

Its been posted numerous times ALREADY

Mark

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
Mark said:

It's been posted that they were arguing after the match but not that it went on in the tunnel and that they had to be seperated.

patrick42uk

Established Member
its not lauren who doesnt understand the meaning of 'together together'. its thierry 'look at me, i score individual goals and celebrate on my own, have a go at another player despite doing exactly what he did earlier' henry.

vin de guerre

Mark said:
vin de guerre said:
Mark said:

It's been posted that they were arguing after the match but not that it went on in the tunnel and that they had to be seperated.

Have a look at a number of threads regarding Henry, Lauren and the game and you will see the link to the mirror article!

Soler

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
its not lauren who doesnt understand the meaning of 'together together'. its thierry 'look at me, i score individual goals and celebrate on my own, have a go at another player despite doing exactly what he did earlier' henry.

You have go to be kidding me. It's Thierry 'I score and set up 30 goals a season' Henry. It's Thierry 'Thumped Inter Milan' Henry. It's Thierry 'Best player in the world' Henry.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'm very disappointed in some of the reactions to the events yesterday. my worst fear has come has come true. in the eyes of some supporters, henry can do no wrong. its ok for him to start fights because he scores 30 goals a season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom